Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Davies?

+13
wanderlust
Bolton Nuts
Hip Priest
JAH
Tigermin
aaron_bwfc
Banks of the Croal
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
doffcocker
scottjames30
Culcheth_White
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Sun Apr 13 2014, 22:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Our main objective is promotion, selling the best player in the championship would be ridiculous.

Nobody is saying we should sell our best player. Some of us are suggesting that we sell Mark Davies though.

22Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Sun Apr 13 2014, 22:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Our main objective is promotion, selling the best player in the championship would be ridiculous.

Nobody is saying we should sell our best player. Some of us are suggesting that we sell Mark Davies though.

And you are suggesting that we have better players than Mark Davies. I knew you were silly, but..

23Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Sun Apr 13 2014, 22:59

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Out of the whole squad Mavies would be one of the last ones shown the door ffs. I honestly cant think what some of you bellends base your assessment of players on ?? oh fuck it never mind sell him , he would be better off elsewhere for his own good rather than staying here anyway .

24Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Sun Apr 13 2014, 23:04

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:

And you are suggesting that we have better players than Mark Davies.

Yes. Incidentally, it seems numerous other posters that also see the team regularly (unlike yourself) agree with me.

25Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Sun Apr 13 2014, 23:05

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well, obviously, we haven't got a pot to piss in and the vast majority on here want us to sign the Juke in the summer and we know he won't come cheap! 

If a Premiership club put in a decent offer for Mark Davies, should we sell him so we can buy the Juke? it wasn't a difficult question to ask.

Personally, I would sell Mavies, if it means we can buy the Juke!

26Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Sun Apr 13 2014, 23:08

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Tigermin wrote:Out of the whole squad Mavies would be one of the last ones shown the door ffs. I honestly cant think what some of you bellends base your assessment of players on ?? oh fuck it never mind sell him , he would be better off elsewhere for his own good rather than staying here anyway .

Fuckinell one of biggest Bellends on here as the cheek to call his fellow posters.

When was the last time you saw Davies play

27Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Sun Apr 13 2014, 23:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Would I sell davies to buy Jutkiewicz? Absolutely not.

28Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Mon Apr 14 2014, 00:04

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If Leicester or anyone else come calling with the right offer then this debate becomes redundant because we'll sell. Whether that money would be reinvested in bringing other players in(eg The Duke) is another matter.
Personally I think Davies is a class act and if you could guarantee a a full seasons service from him I would keep him without question. As that is unlikely going off past history then if it was a straight swap, i.e. selling Mavies and using the funds to buy Juke,then yes,I would go for it.

29Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Mon Apr 14 2014, 00:08

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I would sell. Mark Davies shows flashes of talent but is often also overrated. He had a decent spell in a game or two when we hammered a couple of teams but most of the time i don't even remember him playing. If he was at his best or close to it in most games then keep him, but the reality is he either doesn't perform or he is off sick more often than he has a good game....

juke, mason, danns, feeny, mcniughton, Dawson, and that other full back we all liked in the summer and we will be sorted...

get rid of lee, sordell, eagles, trotter, mavies, for starters...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

30Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Mon Apr 14 2014, 09:15

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Banks of the Croal wrote:
Tigermin wrote:Out of the whole squad Mavies would be one of the last ones shown the door ffs. I honestly cant think what some of you bellends base your assessment of players on ?? oh fuck it never mind sell him , he would be better off elsewhere for his own good rather than staying here anyway .

Fuckinell one of biggest Bellends on here as the cheek to call his fellow posters.

When was the last time you saw Davies

Last edited by Tigermin on Mon Apr 14 2014, 11:18; edited 1 time in total

31Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Mon Apr 14 2014, 10:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:I see where you lot are going with this! Replace Mavies with.....who?.... Trotter? You're all fucking mental. Mavies is the most talented player we have at the club.

I find this sort of comment ridiculous JAH.

Mark Davies may have some talent - but a player is judged on contributions over 90 minutes, and the simple fact is he has had only a handful of decent games this season. Most matches he is anonymous for 90 minutes.

Regardless of talent, a player who only does it once every few matches is a luxury - are we really in a position to have a luxury player?

32Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Mon Apr 14 2014, 10:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On his day he's a premiership standard midfielder at best, but inconsistency and injuries have meant that day doesn't come anywhere near often enough. I'd certainly consider offers for him.

33Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Mon Apr 14 2014, 11:13

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I rate him, but like others have already stated, he's not consistent and is injury prone.  I'd accept a £5 million+ bid on him.

34Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Mon Apr 14 2014, 12:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's probably worth £2 million to £2.5 million.

35Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Mon Apr 14 2014, 12:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:He's probably worth £2 million to £2.5 million.

So BWFC will sell him for £300k.

36Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Mon Apr 14 2014, 17:20

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Well if we do sell him and he does take the Premier League by storm with his value shooting up by £10mil-£15mil; I'll remind all you numpties about this thread and you wanting to sell him and purchase the Juke, who by then will be suffering 2nd season syndrome and not be able to hit a barn door.

37Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Mon Apr 14 2014, 17:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:Well if we do sell him and he does take the Premier League by storm with his value shooting up by £10mil-£15mil; I'll remind all you numpties about this thread and you wanting to sell him and purchase the Juke, who by then will be suffering 2nd season syndrome and not be able to hit a barn door.

It's more likely we'll sell him for £1m and he'll never be seen again.

38Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Mon Apr 14 2014, 21:14

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sell ... but only if the offer is a good one and the funds go directly to new players.  Any bonus to fat Phil or a new company car for example is not acceptable.

On the park Mavis is about the only one who can control a ball and on his day good enough for us ....

However I'm agreeing with most posters ..... no consistency and injury prone.

39Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Mon Apr 14 2014, 22:47

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Mavies = most frustrating player ever. He should be great, he could be great but he's not great in 8 out of ten games. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh

40Mark Davies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Davies? Mon Apr 14 2014, 23:03

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sell him

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum