Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moyes for bolton?

+12
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
boltonbonce
karlypants
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Moyes for bolton? Empty Moyes for bolton? Mon Apr 21 2014, 20:19

Anyone?

2Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Mon Apr 21 2014, 20:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

To be fair he did wonders at Everton for ages.

Seemed though that the United job was too big for him.

I didn't understand why they didn't go for Mouriniho when they had the chance?

I would have.

3Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Mon Apr 21 2014, 20:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would be up for that but he would never come to a club like ours due to his reputation at Everton, I reckon he would get the Tottenham job to be honest!

I originally would have liked Mick McCarthy and look at what he has done for Ipswich!

Instead we end up with clueless Coyle (Sorry Freedman) again!

4Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Mon Apr 21 2014, 20:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see Spurs wanting Moyes,he won't play the football their supporters want. I see a more likely home for him at Villa Park.

5Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Mon Apr 21 2014, 20:42

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Newcastle will be his next destination IMO.

6Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Mon Apr 21 2014, 20:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I would be up for that but he would never come to a club like ours due to his reputation at Everton, I reckon he would get the Tottenham job to be honest!

I originally would have liked Mick McCarthy and look at what he has done for Ipswich!

The form of Ipswich is one in the eye for Hipster and Doffcocker who both mocked him

Bellends.

7Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Mon Apr 21 2014, 21:23

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Fergie knew the team was on the slide.  getting older and no replacements in sight. That's why he got out.
They have already pissed away far to much money on Rooney...and Van Persie will never be the same going forward.  Carrack and the midfield are good players but just not world class as is required to play with the big boys.
On the other hand they are seventh in the Prem ...... somat we will never see again I fear.  It's all relative I suppose.

8Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Mon Apr 21 2014, 21:40

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:I would be up for that but he would never come to a club like ours due to his reputation at Everton, I reckon he would get the Tottenham job to be honest!

The form of Ipswich is one in the eye for Hipster and Doffcocker who both mocked him

Bellends.

McCarthy's done a great job, but he won't take Ipswich any further.

Mark my words.

9Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Mon Apr 21 2014, 22:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Newcastle will be his next destination IMO.

Rumour has it that Newcastle are looking at Tony Pulis.

10Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Tue Apr 22 2014, 01:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You just pull these things right out of your arse.

I was skeptical about McCarthy, as I am about every manager. I never said he definitely wouldn't be successful at Bolton.

Incidentally, I'd still have my doubts if we could turn back the clock and appoint him instead of Freedman. Just because it has clicked for him at Ipswich doesn't mean it would have worked out here.

11Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Tue Apr 22 2014, 02:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nearly every player at United this season has been a fraction of what they were last season. That's no coincidence.

I think they have to accept that Ferguson worked wonders with a poorly balanced squad for a long time, and now the time has come to invest big time in new players.

Personally, I think Moyes should be given another season to get it right. The last thing they want is to get in the habit of changing managers every season. Having said that, they need a top man manager, and Moyes has been dire in that respect.

12Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Tue Apr 22 2014, 13:32

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They have not given him the same chance that Fergie had when he started.  Fergie had poor seasons at the beginning of his Utd career.

Imagine what these Utd fans would think if they had to watch their team going toe to toe with a Yeovil or Huddesrfield and have a tactical genius at the healm.....It's all relative.

13Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Tue Apr 22 2014, 13:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There were a lot of problems though I do agree he didn't get a fair shake.

the performances were absolutely abysmal, he changed the team EVERY game 51 of 51 signed 2 huge money players who play in the hole (while retaining Rooney who plays there too, and handed him the most lucrative contract in world football!?!?) Played Fellaini out of position, played Mata out of position.

It's clear the players either didn't respect him or quit on him early. 

He would never end up here, but I wouldn't be unhappy if Moyes was our manager, sometimes big clubs just engulf people, look at Hodgson at Liverpool, Scolari at Chelsea.

14Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Tue Apr 22 2014, 16:19

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:There were a lot of problems though I do agree he didn't get a fair shake.

the performances were absolutely abysmal, he changed the team EVERY game 51 of 51 signed 2 huge money players who play in the hole (while retaining Rooney who plays there too, and handed him the most lucrative contract in world football!?!?) Played Fellaini out of position, played Mata out of position.

It's clear the players either didn't respect him or quit on him early. 

He would never end up here, but I wouldn't be unhappy if Moyes was our manager, sometimes big clubs just engulf people, look at Hodgson at Liverpool, Scolari at Chelsea.

Abysmal is too strong a word ....they are still 7th in the Prem and made it through various cup rounds.  It's just their current expectations are so high and unrealistic at this point IMO.
If they want to bring in a Mouriho type then they better expect someone who will clear out their bank account and gut the team.  Which in itself does not mean success...as with Spurs and City for example.  I agree with you about Rooney .. I would have sold him to Chelsea for a crazy amount last summer.

15Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Tue Apr 22 2014, 17:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:

Abysmal is too strong a word ....they are still 7th in the Prem and made it through various cup rounds.  It's just their current expectations are so high and unrealistic at this point IMO.

This. The United fans have got that used to winning under Fergie that they think it's their god given right to be playing in the Champions League every year. Tough...

16Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Tue Apr 22 2014, 18:10

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Moyes won't be coming here.

I've heard Moyes will have earned around 10 million for his short time at Man U, that's not bad, considering he's been a failure.

I think there will be no shortage of takers for his next job though, I think somebody like a Villa or even maybe Spurs could have Moyes on their radar now.

Last edited by Culcheth_White on Tue Apr 22 2014, 18:12; edited 1 time in total

17Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Tue Apr 22 2014, 18:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently west ham want moyes

18Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Tue Apr 22 2014, 19:17

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:Apparently west ham want moyes

If that were true there would be a few on here wanting Big Sam back.

19Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Tue Apr 22 2014, 19:28

terenceanne wrote:Abysmal is too strong a word ....they are still 7th in the Prem and made it through various cup rounds.  It's just their current expectations are so high and unrealistic at this point IMO.
If they want to bring in a Mouriho type then they better expect someone who will clear out their bank account and gut the team.  Which in itself does not mean success...as with Spurs and City for example.  I agree with you about Rooney .. I would have sold him to Chelsea for a crazy amount last summer.

They are still 7th in the premier league and made it through various cup rounds - You can't be serious with this statement, expectations at a club who won the league last year should be top 4 at worst. They made it through various cup rounds? They lost to Sunderland over 2 legs in the league cup and were nearly knocked out by Olympiakos in the Champions League. Moyes has spent £65 million and clearly lost the dressing room months ago. Abysmal is not strong enough, their performance this year was awful, not all his fault as the players clearly didn't want to play for him from the beginning, but he can't have any complaints.

20Moyes for bolton? Empty Re: Moyes for bolton? Wed Apr 23 2014, 01:12

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Why would anyone getting 10 million need to work again, let alone go to clubs like west ham or Bolton.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum