Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are the worst cars you have ever owned?

+7
Alf Hooker
karlypants
scottjames30
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

I used to have an ST and I loved it. They're great cars for the money, aren't they?

It was deceptively quick and it cornered like it was on rails.

You're right about the fuel costs though, that's why I got rid in the end.

I was doing 400 miles a week on the motorway and it was costing me about 600 quid a month in petrol!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have a Freelander, my fifth, a great car to drive and reliable.  
The most prestigious car I have driven is a Range Rover HLS, not impressed. Too many gadgets.

Just re-read Culcheth's comment and realised you were referring to the Beemer being expensive on fuel, not the Focus.

My point stands re-my old ST though. It drank more than Ollie Reed.......and was as much fun to spend time with.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

And you lot think you had shit cars, What are the worst cars you have ever owned? - Page 2 Magoo

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reliant Regal van, had no second gear.
1972 Ford Capri, chassis was like a sponge.
1972 Vauxhall Viva estate. as above.
1971 Austin Allegro. not room here.
1970 Hillman Imp Estate. Only good for one thing. (had curtains in the back)

Triumph wrote:.

Shifting dead bodies.....?

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Shag wagon for midgets. ?

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Soul Kitchen wrote:I have a Freelander, my fifth, a great car to drive and reliable.  
The most prestigious car I have driven is a Range Rover HLS, not impressed. Too many gadgets.
I presume you have only had diesel Freelanders? As the petrol models are shite! Head gasket failure and total unreliability issues.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Triumph wrote:Reliant Regal van, had no second gear.
1972 Ford Capri, chassis was like a sponge.
1972 Vauxhall Viva estate. as above.
1971 Austin Allegro. not room here.

Did you drop the back seat on the Imp and have a jump over the warm engine?
I did on my Chamois many times!!!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:I have a Freelander, my fifth, a great car to drive and reliable.  
I presume you have only had diesel Freelanders? As the petrol models are shite! Head gasket failure and total unreliability issues.

Correct. The petrol Freelanders shared the same engine as the Rover 45, fucking disaster.
The Freelander diesel was designed and built by Land Rover and widely accepted as top lumps as Clarkson would say. I'm on my fifth Freelander, all have been top drawer!

so far since i started driving in 2001 i have had the following;

51 reg Renault Clio (1.2 silver, first car so loved it to bits!)
1997 P Mazda 323 (1.6 Estoril, looked like something out of fast and furiousand was good for about 12 months but slowly started dying on me)
04 reg Renaul Clio (1.2 Black, not as good as my first clio, 18 motnhs in started having problems)
06 reg Mitsubishi L200 (2.5 TD Silver Pick-up, i always wanted a pick up truck and has this from new up until october last year, was gutted to see it go, company car forced sale Sad , if i have to get my own car again, will probably get another one!)
Present day, 11 reg VW Golf (1.6 TDi Grey, great little car to be fair for a company smoker, can get about 8-900 miles out of a £67 to fill tank which is good as i claim back 12p per mile and puts me about £35 quid up everytime i fill it up.  which is about twice a week!)

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think I've been lucky. None of my cars were really that bad, although the Morris 1100 came close . but as I had it in Cyprus, the roads were usually clear, and it was easy to drive.

morris 1100,
Fiat 128 (new, in Cyprus)
Nissan Sunny (new Cyprus)
Mazda626 (New Cyprus, and then UK) (had it for 12 years) (2 litre)
another 626 (had it for 11 years, still got it - 2 litre)

Currently have an automatic, Jaguar S type, 2.7 V6, twin turbo. Just love it. My insurance is about 350 as well, and it goes like hot snot. When I go to Germany, it cruises at 90 (or more), and I usually get about 41 to the gallon. (In town it varies from 20 to 26mpg), or less if I'm pissing about.

"or less if I'm pissing about."

Never had you down as the "burning rubber onto Tesco car park, whilst performing doughnuts" type, if I'm honest, Glos........

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Don't do the donuts, tyres cost too much, but I still like a burn up, especially with this car

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum