Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Music Video Of All Time

+4
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 20:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok, a lot to choose from. But right now I'm thinking Public Enemy's 'Fight The Power' or Men At Work's 'Down Under'.

I'll go with the Aussie group. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MeG-hNXXy6I

2Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 20:22

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Top 5 off the top of my head

A-ha - Take On Me

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Queen - I Want To Break Free

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony

3Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 20:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I absolutely hate that Verve video, i appreciate the idea though, but i absolutely hate indie music.

for me you can't look past Sledgehammer Peter Gabriel.

4Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 20:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree that Thriller is a great video, hate anything to do with Queen so can't agree on that.

5Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 20:35

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's a thread about music videos, and you're responding saying you don't like certain videos because of the music.

6Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 20:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think this one was the video that was the very first to gain aclaim -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e3W6yf6c-FA

7Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 20:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That was just a general point, like i said i appreciate the video idea, but obviously it comes with the music, unless i mute it, so i always associate that video with the awful music of the Verve, thus tainting it.

8Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 20:37

heart shaped box by nirvana

9Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 20:39

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Buddy Holly by Weezer has always been my favouite. I think you have to like Happy Days too though.

10Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 21:01

I

11Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 21:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneOinCoyle wrote:I

agreed that is good.

12Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 21:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:It's a thread about music videos, and you're responding saying you don't like certain videos because of the music.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

13Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 21:13

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:It's a thread about music videos, and you're responding saying you don't like certain videos because of the music.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

So if your favourite song of all time had been released with a video that was a Noel Edmonds/Mr Blobby montage, would it be a contender for best music video?

14Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 21:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:So if your favourite song of all time had been released with a video that was a Noel Edmonds/Mr Blobby montage, would it be a contender for best music video?

I don't like Queen. I don't like their videos because they feature Queen. Live with it Largehat.

15Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 21:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:So if your favourite song of all time had been released with a video that was a Noel Edmonds/Mr Blobby montage, would it be a contender for best music video?

I don't like Queen. I don't like their videos because they feature Queen. Live with it Largehat.

Can you not answer my question though anyway. It's just a friendly discussion. I can live with your opinion, I'm just interested.

16Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 21:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My answer would be no, even though i am a fan of Mr Blobby.

To me when i think of "music video" it's about MUSIC and VIDEO - the amalgamation of the two mediums.

so the song is just as important as the video.

17Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 21:31

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well that A-ha music video I posted is considered widely to be one of the greatest music videos ever made, but it's just an average 80s pop ballad. I agree the music should be considered, but I don't think it should be a 50/50 split, it should be mostly about the video.

18Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 21:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yeah it's probably more a 60/40 video for me... because a great video, can make a song more memorable, but a shitty song can ruin a great video idea in the same way (IMO)

19Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 22:21

Not a good song but you have to love a devil playing a guitar.

20Best Music Video Of All Time Empty Re: Best Music Video Of All Time Tue Apr 10 2012, 22:24

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum