Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Do You Blame The Most?

+10
Keegan
doffcocker
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
Quent
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Who do you blame for our shiteness?

Who Do You Blame The Most? Vote_lcap50%Who Do You Blame The Most? Vote_rcap 50% [ 10 ]
Who Do You Blame The Most? Vote_lcap15%Who Do You Blame The Most? Vote_rcap 15% [ 3 ]
Who Do You Blame The Most? Vote_lcap35%Who Do You Blame The Most? Vote_rcap 35% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 13:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are shite and almost certainly going down. But who is the main culprit? Most people seem to blame the manager, but aren't the players more guilty as they are the ones that have put in poor performance after poor performance.

Who do you blame?

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Wed Apr 11 2012, 14:48; edited 1 time in total

2Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 13:19

god

3Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 13:20

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Coyle is obviously a big part of the problem, but the players are the only ones who can do the business once the whistle goes. Too many times this season they've failed to do the basics right and it's cost us.

4Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 13:23

Owen has been let down by the players big time. Owen can't kick the ball into the net from 6 yards for Ngog, or clear that awkward bouncing ball for Cahill/Knight, or hold onto that simple catch for Bogdan/Jussi. With the squad we have a mid-table finish should have been pretty easy.

5Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 13:28

I also blame the players. Coyle is a poor manager, but we had enough quality in the squad to have 40 points by now.

6Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 13:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Management is about getting the best out of the resources available to you.

If we have enough quality in the side to have 40 points by now and we are still fighting for our Premier survival then it seems obvious to me where the major problem is. Coyle as not - via strategy, team selections, tactics and substitutions - obtained anything like the best out of the team.

Even Sammy Lee had more of an idea than clueless Coyle.

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed Apr 11 2012, 13:45; edited 1 time in total

7Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 13:45

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Both are to blame IMO, Coyle for buying quite a few of the players who have seriously under performed and his tactics which at times have been appauling.

And the players for letting Coyle and us fans down big time for simply not turning up on so many occasions this season and letting mid table teams roll us over at home.

8Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 13:46

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Also some of the timings of Coyles subtitutes during games where it's been crying out for a change have cost us a few points here and there also.

9Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 13:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It has to be Coyle. He picks the team and the tactics. He should motivate them to play well.

Some players don't seem to try as hard as others but it is difficult to believe that they deliberately play badly. Even great players have offdays. So it all comes back to Coyle.

Coyle out!

10Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 13:56

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Gartside for picking coyle then coyle .

11Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 14:02

No-one is to blame, I think Coyle is a genius to get us to 29 points with the current players we have. With any other manager we would be bottom of the league with -8 points and already relegated and in administration.

12Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 14:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always put more blame on the players personally because they are out there and do the business.

but organisationally at the defensive end Coyle has to be one of the worst managers, well, ever really.

so if i had to say i'd go 60/40 players.

13Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 15:42

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:We are... almost certainly going down.

This is in your not so humble opinion. The bookies (based on forecasts and the way punters are betting) have us odds-on to survive. So pretty much the opposite of almost certainly going down. Only Wolves are almost certainly going down, of the bottom 6.

14Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 15:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

This is in your not so humble opinion. The bookies (based on forecasts and the way punters are betting) have us odds-on to survive. So pretty much the opposite of almost certainly going down. Only Wolves are almost certainly going down, of the bottom 6.

Yes it was my opinion Largehat you ponce, now answer the bloody question.

15Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 16:02

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

Yes it was my opinion Largehat you ponce, now answer the bloody question.

You already know my views on this topic. I'll answer the question about who is responsible for relegation in the event of relegation, if that's OK.

You've done your best to turn this season into an ongoing inquest (you might do this every season, I've only had the pleasure of reading your posts since September or so), pointed fingers and created recriminations. I was actually, genuinely shocked the other day when you posted something on the Newcastle thread which was that you agreed with Coyle not bringing any subs on. I almost commented on it but I don't want every conversation we have to have a snide undertone.

Well you never know Nat, at the end of the season we might just be asking, who has saved us, Coyle or the players? That's my answer for now.

16Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 16:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

You already know my views on this topic. I'll answer the question about who is responsible for relegation in the event of relegation, if that's OK.

You've done your best to turn this season into an ongoing inquest (you might do this every season, I've only had the pleasure of reading your posts since September or so), pointed fingers and created recriminations. I was actually, genuinely shocked the other day when you posted something on the Newcastle thread which was that you agreed with Coyle not bringing any subs on. I almost commented on it but I don't want every conversation we have to have a snide undertone.

Well you never know Nat, at the end of the season we might just be asking, who has saved us, Coyle or the players? That's my answer for now.

I didn't say I agreed with Coyle not bringing subs on at Newcastle when the score was 0-0 - I said I understood it. Coyle is a cautious manager so he's always going to stick with what he's got. The truly great managers would have made changes and sneaked a 1-0 win.

17Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 16:36

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I selected 'Other' because it's a combination of Coyle and the players.

Half of the games we've played, we've lost before we've even started because of the weakness of the team selection. We've been a better side in the second half of the season than we were in the first but that's because it took Coyle until the second half of the season to even try out a system that thousands had been crying out for for months.
Most of us could see that 4-4-2 with Davies and Klasnic was problematic a long time before Coyle changed it. Give Tuncay a game, give N'Gog a game, a youngster...anybody. What have we got to lose? Just try 4-5-1...I dare you!
No. He stuck with the same lousy system and players for what felt like an eternity after the Stoke match.
If he'd been a bit braver sooner, we might not have been shat on by so many teams and we might now be relatively safe!

And the players because of a clear lack of fighting spirit!

18Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 16:57

doffcocker wrote:
Most of us could see that 4-4-2 with Davies and Klasnic was problematic a long time before Coyle changed it.

I don't agree, most of our better games came with Davies & Klasnic upfront.

19Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 17:43

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Owen Owen Owen wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
Most of us could see that 4-4-2 with Davies and Klasnic was problematic a long time before Coyle changed it.

I don't agree, most of our better games came with Davies & Klasnic upfront.

This is our record in games where Klasnic and Davies have led the attack...

Played 11
Won 2
Drawn 0
Lost 9

20Who Do You Blame The Most? Empty Re: Who Do You Blame The Most? Wed Apr 11 2012, 17:48

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I voted 'Other' for the Players/Manager combo. The players have been too shite too often and Coyle usually takes too long to do anything about it.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum