Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Championship: Better With Or Without Coyle?

+12
largehat
Reebok Trotter
Lyric Todkill
doffcocker
xmiles
gloswhite
trotter1948
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

In or out?

Championship: Better With Or Without Coyle? Vote_lcap33%Championship: Better With Or Without Coyle? Vote_rcap 33% [ 5 ]
Championship: Better With Or Without Coyle? Vote_lcap67%Championship: Better With Or Without Coyle? Vote_rcap 67% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok, so we're relegated. Credit to Wigan who have been superb in recent weeks.

So what now? Is Coyle the man to lead us back to the Barclays Premier League at the first attempt? After all, he got Burnley up with limited resources.

Or is it pointless, because even if he gets us straight back in the Barclays Premier League, he'll still be out of his depth and tactically clueless like he is now.

So what's the answer?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We're not dead and burried just yet, but if we are to go down anyway then i would get shut to be honest.

He has managed to do an even poorer job than Megson which I though was impossible to do, but credit to him he has. I know he got Burnley got promoted but I think most of that was down to the momentum Burnley built up over the course of the season and the good league cup run they put together. I am not convinced he could do it again with us in the space of 2 seasons.

A bit drastic and probably would never happen but if we went down and BSA failed to get West ham promotedd via the play offs and got sacked I would bring him in.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We have about ten players out of contract in the summer. We need to replace some / all because we need bodies to make our numbers up.

We haven't got much money, so we aren't going to be buying many of these replacements, we will have the parachute payments plus what we lose on the 'ten' players wages who are going - but if we seriously want to bounce right back we will still have to pay 'top' wages in Championship terms.

My question then is would you trust Coyle to pick these players who will be around for the next two or three years. This is additional to the knowledge that is a tactical numpty.

Also it was reported that the contract he signed should run out this summer and I've not seen anywhere where his contract as been renewed - if that is the case wouldn't it now be a good time to have a clean break and bring in Billy Davies, Micky Adams, or Alan Irving?

Coyle has been an unmitigated disaster for the club - nice bloke no doubt but completely clueless when it comes to football.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've echoed Sluffs thoughts elsewhere basically.

Whether it's with Coyle or not a season in the Championship will be very very tough IMO.

I think the best we could hope for is to mirror Middlesborough.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Coyle is a championship manager but not with us.

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

If we go down I think Sammy Lee is the man with Phil Brown as his assistant
Good idea >>>
Cheap too !!!

if we go down i predict a return for the fat man

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If he was kept, he should be made to take an experienced deputy/advisor. Left to his own devices, with the club at his mercy, I don't think we would rise much above middle of the table, if that. There again, why should we stay with him?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If, although I probably mean when, Coyle takes us down he doesn't deserve any more time or money. We have been unlucky with injuries but with the squad and the money he had it should have been enough to keep us up.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The thought of Coyle being manager in the Championship, no doubt playing hoofball up to Kevin Davies for 46 games keeps me awake at night.

One thing that's for sure is that the job in hand would be a huge building process. Do I fancy Coyle to be the man to do that? You have to have your concerns about a man that spends over half the January budget on a player that he won't play.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Not good enough for our future

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I've said it before and I will say it again, if Coyle takes us down and keeps his job, he will be like a kid at chirstmas with the amount of loan players he will be able to sign in the championship.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well considering what he did at Burnley and the way he was able to get them playing at that level, you'd have to say he'd be good.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well considering what he did at Burnley and the way he was able to get them playing at that level, you'd have to say he'd be good.

But what's the point? Even if he wins the Championship by Christmas, he's already proven he can't hack it at the top level.

A change is needed in the Summer, the club would be foolish to keep Coyle - especially if he really is out of contract.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whats the point of getting us promoted? hmm.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle has a good record at Championship level with Burnley so why not stick with him ?

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Didnt have a good record with Burnley in the PL
Or with us
Funny that
Doesnt seemed to have learned a lot in two and a half seasons
Hes a wanker at this level and always will be

If , and its big if, we survive we need an experienced PL manager
Time for stability and structure building.

Need someone like Curbs or similar
Bit boring but consolidation usually is.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Spent half a season in the PL with shitty Burnley (whose star players were the much maligned Eagles and Mears) and they were out of the bottom 3 when he left them.

Took over in January while we were in the bottom 3 and kept us up. We were safe going into the last week of the season.

Spent the whole of the following season away from the relegation zone, and in fact over 90% of the season in the top half of the table on merit.

This season has been a struggle but as things stand, we are still on course to stay up. Our fate is in our hands, and the bookies still think we will survive.

So to say "Hes a wanker at this level and always will be" is a complete joke.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

trotter1948, What has happened to your Avatar while I have been away ? I thought we had a new poster when I saw Sevvy! Great golfer mind you. Played with tremendous passion.

Back on topic, and if we do survive, I reckon Coyle will have till December 2013 to get his act together. If it's a repeat of this season with performances on the pitch then I reckon he will be given the boot. One thing history teaches us is that we shouldn't jump the gun too quickly. Just look at what Ferguson achieved at Old Trafford after initial mediocrity. Wolves must regret giving the Vicar the push. Connor has been unable to galvanise them. Sometimes it's better the devil you know.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

P.S. Let us not forget our terrible run of injuries this season. A small squad like ours cannot afford big hits when we lose the likes of Holden,Lee,Ricketts,Gardner and Muamba not to mention lesser players like Sean Davis, Tyrone Mears, Tom Eaves, Joe Riley etc etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum