Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Championship: Up & Down?

+14
Sluffy
wanderlust
JakeSnake
Angry Dad
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
WhiteBic
largehat
Natasha Whittam
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Championship: Up & Down? Empty Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 16:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With less than two weeks to go until the big kick-off who are our main rivals for promotion, or relegation, depending on which side of the Coyle fence you sit.

Which two teams do you see winning automatic promotion, and which three will be going down?

Personally I think it's as wide open as the Championship has ever been, none of the three teams that came down from the PL could be described as big boys, and the three teams that came up from League 1 could hardly be described as small fry.

For promotion I'm going to go with Blackburn & Wolves, relegation I'll go with Barnsley, Crystal Palace & Huddersfield.

2Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 16:30

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Automatic promotion: Wolverhampton Wanderers, Bolton Wanderers

Play-offs: Leicester City, Leeds United, Huddersfield Town, Brighton & Hove Albion - winners, Huddersfield Town

Relegated: Bristol City, Millwall, Peterborough United

3Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 16:39

Rovers and Birmingham to go up.
Bolton, Bristol City and Watford to go down.

4Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 16:46

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Up: Leicester and Bolton

Play off: Forest, Leeds, Wolves , Huddersfield

Down: Palace, Bristol City, Peterborough

5Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 16:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leicester were favourites last year and messed it up, I can see them doing the same again.

I have a feeling Forest will be a dark-horse for next season as they've chosen a good manager.

6Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 16:57

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Automatic Promotion: Cardiff and Blackpool

Play-offs: Birmingham, Leeds, Charlton and Wolves - winners: Charlton

Relegation: Peterborough, Brighton and Milwall

Bolton's position: 9th

Above predictions is if we stick with the same manager and his "winning" formula!

7Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 16:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Automatic Promotion: Cardiff and Blackpool

Play-offs: Birmingham, Leeds, Charlton and Wolves - winners: Charlton

Relegation: Peterborough, Brighton and Milwall

Bolton's position: 9th

Above predictions is if we stick with the same manager and his "winning" formula!

I thought about Cardiff, but I believe they've lost a few players. I agree Charlton could be up there, they seem to have a level-heaed manager in Chris Powell.

8Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 17:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know this will sound very ignorent.

but aside from the "big clubs" i know absolutely nothing about the championship.

I said when we got relegated we'd finish 14th in a rage in the heat of the moment.

and I'm actually leaning toward that kind of finish between 8th-14th now.

obviously i hope thats wide of the mark.

9Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 17:17

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Automatic - Wolves and Lecister

Playoffs: - Charlton, Watford, Bolton and Sheff Wed

Relegated: - Bristol, Cardiff and Peterborough

I think watford will be dark horses with Zola and apparantly a bit of money to back him up.

10Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 17:18

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If we leave Bolton out of it, I find Amos's automatic promotion predictions to be quite comical. I think he might be having a go at WUMming with his predictions. Good lad.

11Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 17:44

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Over the last few years out of the relegated teams, from the Premiership, I have only had got it wrong once - last season (with Bolton as I predicted Wigan to go down) but I normally predict both promotion and relegation teams with a success rate of about 85% - last couple of seasons I have been watching the Championship, and yes it can be difficult to predict, but the ones I have gone far have more experience in the Championship, outfitted well for the promotional push and have experience at failing and where they have failed - more than what Bolton has had in the last 11 years!

For me Leeds and Charlton are going to be the surprise teams (although if they did go up they would be coming straight back down)

12Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 17:49

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fair play to you Chris, I don't know an awful lot about the Championship, but I think there are 6-8 stronger sides than both Cardiff and Blackpool. I may well have egg on my face come the end of May.

13Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 19:24

Bolton & Blackburn for promotion. Cardiff, Peterboro and Bristol City to go down to League 1.

14Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 19:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Automatic - Birmingham and Wolves

Play-offs - Nottingham Forest, Leicester, Cardiff, Leeds

Relegated: Peterborough, Millwall and Bristol City

15Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 19:50

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'm with Hipster on this - I just don't know enough about the other Championship teams to make any meaningful predictions about them. The only thing I would predict is that we will struggle with Coyle as our manager and I do not expect to see us anywhere near the top of the table.

16Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 21:03

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Automatic promotion: Bolton Wanderers (champions!) & Blackburn
Play-offs: Leicester, Leeds, Wolves (winners), Cardiff
Relegated: Barnsley, Millwall & Derby

17Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 21:30

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Earth calling the daft ...... automatic promotion for us????
Has anybody noticed in we are shipping goals against Sunday morning teams and have the fire power of a wet cap gun.
Otherwise it's an unbeaten season in my head drunken

18Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 21:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Earth calling the daft ...... automatic promotion for us????
Has anybody noticed in we are shipping goals against Sunday morning teams and have the fire power of a wet cap gun.
Otherwise it's an unbeaten season in my head drunken

Time will tell, I have faith..

19Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Mon Aug 06 2012, 21:35

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

xmiles wrote:I'm with Hipster on this - I just don't know enough about the other Championship teams to make any meaningful predictions about them. The only thing I would predict is that we will struggle with Coyle as our manager and I do not expect to see us anywhere near the top of the table.
The same goes for me.

20Championship: Up & Down? Empty Re: Championship: Up & Down? Sat Aug 25 2012, 16:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like Blackpool are going to walk this league.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum