Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meanwhile, back in the Stone Age.....

+5
wanderlust
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
boltonbonce
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Who...me?

No thanks.......

Meanwhile, back in the Stone Age..... - Page 2 Puking-on-screen-smiley-emoticon

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Rub your face on my arse.
Are you quoting Blair or Bush?

boltonbonce wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Rub your face on my arse.
Are you quoting Blair or Bush?
I think that was Bush to Blair.....

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She just wants to be in the Village People.

Just to go back to the topic I'll have a go at defending Islam in this context for you.

What happened in Pakistan has got fuck all to do with Islam. It was a tribal/cultural and phenomenological thing.
Much of what anti-Islamists complain about has nothing to do with the Islamic religion in the same way that the kid that went mental in the States and shot random people is nothing to do with Christianity.
In England our experience of Muslims is predominantly limited to descendants of immigrants from the former colonies we exploited to get rich e.g. Pakistan and Bangladesh so we associate cultural practices with Islamic practices and the two are not the same.
We also tend to know a bit about the practices of the warring nomadic Arab tribes who for survival reasons were over-protective of females and evolved a culture that permitted polygamy in rare circumstances. Again this is cultural but seeing as the Prophet was brought up in that culture it's no shock that it's referenced in the Koran - although the Koran does not approve unless there are exceptional circumstances e.g. widowhood. The Surat an Nisa is the section that specifically refers to women and although it says men are responsible for women (it was written >1400 years ago!) and permits striking in exceptional circumstances, murder is completely outlawed.
The Koran is completely against what happened in Pakistan and you should recognise that this was an act that has it's roots in primitive tribal culture - on a par with the barbaric practices that were common in England until 100 years ago such as child exploitation and suppression of females.
We don't condemn the Masai for drinking blood and blame it on their religion nor do we blame Bonce for massacring and torturing settlers and blame it on the Great Spirit. 
A person's behaviour does not necessarily reflect their religion and usually mental state, culture, peer pressure, threats to survival, immediate circumstances and other factors are more important determinants of what they do.
Most Asian Muslims don't speak or read Arabic and yet are taught to recite Suras verbatim. The only way they can understand what they actually mean is by being told by an Imam - therefore Imams could basically tell them anything which is why there's such a fuss about the Imams in this country.
This is directly parallel to Catholic Priests before Protestantism and printing (Gutenberg/Caxton/Martin Luther/Calvin etc) as they were the only ones who could read Latin and could tell the people it meant whatever they wanted to. In both cases there was massive corruption.
So what drove this family to act this way was definitely rooted in culture, possibly aggravated by culture-reinforcing misinterpretation of the Koran and in response to circumstances. But completely against Islam and the teachings of the Prophet.
This is to do with tribal mountain people.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good point Lusty,although a bit harsh bringing me into it. I had to cry off the Little Big Horn with chapped lips. I fully agree that Islam can't be blamed directly for all these terrible things,nor any other religion,but the people perpetrating these offences always take cover behind their beliefs or religion. In the case of the poor woman murdered outside the court,a local reporter said the case had divided the country,with half the population saying she deserved to die. The sad thing is, if you removed religion from the equation people would still find excuses to hate: big nose,big feet,jug ears, anything to hang a prejudice on. So I agree you can't really blame Islam,nor any of the other religions,which are all basically decent, it's just that,for some reason, people have a deep seated desire to hate whoever or whatever might be different to their own particular norm. Take Burnley for instance....................

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Hipster is sure to call you a racist biggot for this, how dare you question another culture...

You clearly don't follow my work.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Good point Lusty,although a bit harsh bringing me into it. I had to cry off the Little Big Horn with chapped lips. I fully agree that Islam can't be blamed directly for all these terrible things,nor any other religion,but the people perpetrating these offences always take cover behind their beliefs or religion. In the case of the poor woman murdered outside the court,a local reporter said the case had divided the country,with half the population saying she deserved to die. The sad thing is, if you removed religion from the equation people would still find excuses to hate: big nose,big feet,jug ears, anything to hang a prejudice on. So I agree you can't really blame Islam,nor any of the other religions,which are all basically decent, it's just that,for some reason, people have a deep seated desire to hate whoever or whatever might be different to their own particular norm. Take Burnley for instance....................
Culture always impacts on religion. Some of our "Christian" celebrations are an accommodation of the pagan rituals that preceded them. Christmas for example is the Roman pagan Saturnalia during which time nobody could be found guilty of damaging property or people - a bit of a free-for-all just like the modern irreligious Christmas but without consequences.
Totally agree that religion is something to hang a prejudice on. 
In this case, it's tapping into a disdain for tribal culture which our own ancestors practiced but stopped years ago (effectively a selective dislike of old-fashioned values?) which has been laid at religion's door. I say selective as the Masai and Native Americans are viewed as "noble" whereas other tribal people are viewed as animals even though traditional Masai and Native American tribal practices are arguably "worse" in terms of modern Western values.

It's like arguing that religion is bad because it has caused so many wars. Difficult to argue that it was religion that caused the wars and not the prejudice, greed and personal ambition that underpinned them. Religion was both the justification and the scapegoat.

Consider yourself defied Bread!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:Hipster is sure to call you a racist biggot for this, how dare you question another culture...

Nat - you signed in as hipster again!  Rolling Eyes

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Doh.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Nat's catchphrase seemed apt on this occasion. 

I've made my views on religion very clear, so your original comment is wide of the mark.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That's what happens when you believe in fairy stories. Allah is Good!!
Ask that woman in Sudan?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

https://youtu.be/6GDIkb5CDUY
This was all in the name of God!!!
Repent your sins, become Christians, I'll feel much better when I slaughter you.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:That's what happens when you believe in fairy stories. Allah is Good!!
Ask that woman in Sudan?
That'll be Sudanese law made by Sudanese people and interpreted by some prick on a mission claiming it's something to do with Islam - which it isn't.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:That's what happens when you believe in fairy stories. Allah is Good!!
Ask that woman in Sudan?

If someone started posting gay bashing or racist posts on here they would be banned - but for some reason religious hate is acceptable to the mods.

Sort it out you plonkers.

And don't even get me started on the sexism on here - where is the banner showing a topless Ronaldo or Earnshaw?

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Our next banner should be that picture of Nat.

Here you go, Nat.

Just for you:

Meanwhile, back in the Stone Age..... - Page 2 16c3f-fats2

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You idiot, I didn't say post "selfies".

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Is this you Nat

Meanwhile, back in the Stone Age..... - Page 2 1130

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No,this is.Meanwhile, back in the Stone Age..... - Page 2 Z

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Nat after a night out.

Meanwhile, back in the Stone Age..... - Page 2 JayatSouthernHighlandsNSW_zpscf0ec618

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum