Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worth a punt? - Brede Hangeland, Damien Duff or Steve Sidwell

+4
Natasha Whittam
JAH
WhiteBic
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

All been released by Fulham -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

All three would certainly improve our squad. I am sure they will be asking for a nice pay that we couldn't afford but a few of our rivals probably could.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Brede Hangeland was being chased by Arsenal 3-4 years ago! It amazes me how quickly these players fortunes change - even though they are remunerated extremely well for the job they have some pretty big ups and downs.

If it were last season I'd have said dump Zat for Hangeland, but now I've seen Oscar Threlkeld play in a competitive match and I think that the kid looks pretty good and by playing more games will get much better.

We need a striker! Tho Sidwell knows where the goal is.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd take Duff.

A midfield of Feeney on the right, Duff on the left and Spearing & Ream in the centre would certainly give us a chance.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hangeland's a donkey ..... Sidwell I don't rate at all....... Duff is not bad but probably not worth his wages to us. 

Keep looking.

Duffs been way past it for a couple of years now, anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't seen him play! Hangeland would be good at this level but we've got no chance.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Duffs been way past it for a couple of years now, anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't seen him play! Hangeland would be good at this level but we've got no chance.

:agree:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Duffs been way past it for a couple of years now, anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't seen him play!

He'd be ok at this level. I like wingers that hog the touchline and Duff is certainly one.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With Dervite on board Hangeland isn't needed although I'm still gutted we didn't sign him when he signed for Fulham for £3million as I recall - a steal IMO. He was one of my "worth a punt" recommendations at the time.
Duff isn't what he used to be and anyway we've got Feeney now for better or worse.
Don't think Dougie is going to be interested in released Prem players unless he gets a firm knock back on Juke and Mason and even then his first port of call is likely to be in the countries he's scouted where he's more likely to pick up a bargain if the quality is available.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Duff spends more time injured than fit. A bad buy for any team imo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum