Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers could be beaten to Andre Moritz by Cypriot club APOEL

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andre Moritz is weighing up whether to turn down an offer from Wanderers and move to Cypriot title winners APOEL instead.

The Brazilian star, who scored seven goals for Dougie Freedman’s side last term, has been weighing up his options back home.

Moritz has been holding on to see if a deal materialises from the Premier League, but with APOEL able to offer Champions League football next season, they represent an attractive proposition for the 27-year-old.

Freedman has put his offer on the table and is currently unable to negotiate, potentially leaving the Scot without another member of the side that finished last season well.

Even more was expected from Moritz this season as his preparations for the previous two campaigns had been disrupted because of changing clubs.

He struggled with a number of niggling injuries on his arrival at the Reebok from Crystal Palace but found his top form at the turn of the year when he made all but two of his eight starts for the club.

Despite his relative lack of match time, only Jermaine Beckford scored more goals for the Whites – which leaves another worrying gap to fill if Moritz takes up the offer from Cyprus.

Moritz was strongly linked with Championship rivals Leeds United a fortnight ago with one of his two advisors claiming a deal had been signed – but the player took to Twitter to deny the reports.

But it is understood he has spoken with a handful of clubs at home and abroad in the hope of securing a longer deal.

APOEL, managed by former Blackburn winger Giorgos Donis, won the Cypriot league last season and will enter the Champions League at the third qualifying round.

They reached the quarter-finals three years ago, knocking out Lyon in the last 16, before losing to Real Madrid.

Source

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

"Freedman has put his offer on the table and is currently unable to negotiate"

Since when have we EVER negotiated?

Hence why we only sign around 1% of our actual targets.

This club is a fucking joke.

Sick of the bullshit we are fed, make your mind up BWFC - do you WANT promotion - if not tell us and why.

Do you want to sign permanent players, Loans or nobody unless free - tell us, dont keep bullshitting promising signings that never materialize.

Do we need a striker and left back? I would assume so as we keep getting told we do, however, why has the signing of one not been attempted?

Lying twats the lot of them. Freedman should walk now, id refuse to work under this bunch of cunts.

I'm happy we're not negotiating with Moritz, he did nothing during any game he started to suggest he deserves a contract. We need players who can compete for 90 minutes, not 20.

Vendor

Vendor
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Passi wrote:I'm happy we're not negotiating with Moritz, he did nothing during any game he started to suggest he deserves a contract. We need players who can compete for 90 minutes, not 20.
I agree, he did show in a few games that he had a good touch and could shoot, but only seemed to do it when we were in a good position ie 2 up already. Apart from away at Leicester. For me he is a luxury player that under DF's system doesn't seem to work.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He was injured most of the time during the first half of the season then started complaining about not getting enough game time - once he did, he did fuck all on the pitch so I won't be gutted if he doesn't come back.

For the right money he's a good option off the bench. Can definitely see why Douoe bought him in. If he goes and frees up wages for somebody else I'm not arsed.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Frees up wages for somebody else? 

Come on, this is us.... Free up wages for the directors bonus you mean...

Fair enough, it's more likely to go towards balancing the books than wages. I seriously doubt any directors are getting a wage rise though.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is just one more indicator that for all Phil Gartside's "everything is peachy" talk about us not really being in the financial dustbin is utter nonsense. Added to the situation with Jutkiewicz and you can see we're going to spend next season doing much the same as last. Hoping to grab a few loanees here and there and stumbling to mid table obscurity with a mediocre manager and ever more mediocre squad.

I don't however blame Freedman in this case because any player offered a shot at Champions League Football compared to Championship is going to at least think about it. Moritz in my opinion is a decent squad player and I'd like to keep him if only to see what he can do when fully fit from the start of a season but in all honesty it's not a total disaster if he goes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum