Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

School teachers you remember.

+7
Soul Kitchen
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
bryan458
boltonbonce
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21School teachers you remember. - Page 2 Empty Re: School teachers you remember. Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:36 am

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Spot on.

Yet again.....

The number of CV's I've received from recruitment companies on behalf of University graduates who want a job but who can't spell properly or construct a basic sentence is frightening.

I've always employed a simple rule - If the one piece of paper that you're going to send to me to try and convince me that you're worth taking seriously is full of spelling mistakes and poorly constructed bollocks, it's going in the bin.

That may sound harsh, but as a pupil at Smithills Grammar School, I had it drummed into me that a basic command of English (our language, FFS!) is a pre-requisite for success.

However, I'm starting to think that I'm alone in this.

I recently was embroiled in a heated discussion with colleagues about a candidate whose CV looked like it'd been put together by a  retarded chimp, but who looked "clean" on Facebook and "seemed like a nice girl" and because she'd been to a decent university, was considered a good catch.

Utter bollocks......

If you spell simple, uncomplicated words incorrectly on your CV and aren't bright enough to check it and don't know what a paragraph is, I don't give a shit whether or not there are no pictures of your genitals on a social networking site and you went to what is considered a "good" university........

We are dumbing down at an alarming rate in this country.

I may be slightly younger than you, and went to Thornleigh Salesian College, but I completely agree with you.

22School teachers you remember. - Page 2 Empty Re: School teachers you remember. Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:09 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I bet Norpig remembers Miss Finlay the history teacher and her "voluminous assets."

She wasn't much older than us and every lad in my class fancied her rotten.

The opposite of Miss Finlay was a fat, lesbian, hippy RE teacher and I can't remember her name.

(I think I've mentally blacked it out because she was so fucking rank....)
 ah Fit Finley, i once got caught by her staring at her tits for too long in a History lesson! i know who you mean about the other teacher but i can't remember her name either.

23School teachers you remember. - Page 2 Empty Re: School teachers you remember. Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:32 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm wondering SK if aforementioned fit teacher was LM?

Going off the reports of institutionalised corporal punishment I suspect I was at the same school as Bonce.

24School teachers you remember. - Page 2 Empty Re: School teachers you remember. Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:59 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Did I ever tell you about my music teacher who I shagged when I was 14-15 she was a babe,for you newcomers like mouldy old bread and pikey 84 you can look back in the archives.

25School teachers you remember. - Page 2 Empty Re: School teachers you remember. Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:44 pm

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:I'm wondering SK if aforementioned fit teacher was LM?

Going off the reports of institutionalised corporal punishment I suspect I was at the same school as Bonce.

Soz Lusty that wasn't her initials, but the incident caused a bit of a stir!

I went to Hayward Grammar and echo Breadders comments re. spelling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum