Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More Second Amendment related fun & games from over the pond.

+6
Norpig
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

If you're a "civilised" society, why would you think it's a good idea to create a place called "Bullets & Burgers" where small children are encouraged to fire automatic weaponry?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734769/Arizona-girl-9-accidentally-shoots-shooting-teacher-head-visit-range.html

I know this guy's been killed and that's a terrible tragedy, but it's yet another story that makes me think that this whole obsession they have in 'Murica with "the right to bear arms" and spending a good chunk of their free time shooting stuff can't be a healthy idea.

This little girl is nine years old.......

And yet her parents thought it'd be a fantastic treat for her to go to a gun range, shovel down a cheese-burger then let off a few rounds from an Uzi.

How is that normal thinking?

I'm not sure, but I think my sister spent her ninth birthday at The Water Place with her friends from school and then they came back to our house for a bit of a party.

And my memory's a bit hazy, but I'm almost certain that there weren't any fully-automatic firearms involved on the day.

And as a result, nobody got shot in the head.

Crazy........

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I never liked The Water Place, I always preferred The Sandcastle.

I wouldn't have thought a posh bird like you would have been seen dead in Blackpool......

Anyway, cheers for the comment - it's great to know that you can be relied upon to move the debate along with your erudite contributions.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If kids aren't taught how to handle automatic weapons how will they ever learn to defend themselves against terrorists and invaders?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Americans are that thick and stupid they still haven't realised that gun licenses etc don't work.  In this article, the parents are irresponsible as well.

Look at all the murders that have happened at countless number of schools!

Americans are just power hungry!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Americans are that thick and stupid they still haven't realised that gun licenses etc don't work.  In this article, the parents are irresponsible as well.

Look at all the murders that have happened at countless number of schools!

Americans are just power hungry!

I suspect if someone broke into your home while you were sleeping you'd wish you had a gun. And that's the crux of the matter, Americans are shit scared of everything, and because they live in one of the most violent countries in the world they see guns as a necessity.

I lived in New York for 3 years and never once felt in danger or threatened, but the people who live there all the time think there's a mugger/rapist behind every corner. It's all in the mind.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder if the kid actually wanted to take part in learning to use a gun properly or her mum and dad just forced her into it perhaps?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:it's great to know that you can be relied upon to move the debate along with your erudite contributions.

I'll take that with a pinch of salt coming from the man who could turn a thread about washing machines into a gay sex topic.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mother and Father recording their nine year old daughter firing her first Uzi. How quaint. Their daughter will no doubt remember the occasion for the rest of her life.

The sooner the Senate and Congress take on the NRA the better. If Obama cannot force change then the American people must voice their discontent to the point where the 'right to bear arms' is removed from the statute books once and for all.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I lived in New York for 3 years and never once felt in danger or threatened
Laughing

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Mother and Father recording their nine year old daughter firing her first Uzi. How quaint. Their daughter will no doubt remember the occasion for the rest of her life.

The sooner the Senate and Congress take on the NRA the better. If Obama cannot force change then the American people must voice their discontent to the point where the 'right to bear arms' is removed from  the statute books once and for all.

the NRA are too powerful it would be political suicide to try and change the gun laws, even after the last big school shooting they prattled on about getting rid of semi-automatic weapons but nothing has happened yet and probably never will.
The right to bear arms is something Americans will never let go no matter how many Colombines happen

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

wanderlust wrote:If kids aren't taught how to handle automatic weapons how will they ever learn to defend themselves against terrorists and invaders?
Also, how are they supposed to murder schoolmates/classmates/teachers when someone pisses them off? Without practice, they'll miss!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Keegan wrote:
wanderlust wrote:If kids aren't taught how to handle automatic weapons how will they ever learn to defend themselves against terrorists and invaders?
Also, how are they supposed to murder schoolmates/classmates/teachers when someone pisses them off? Without practice, they'll miss!

I thought that was what Grand Theft Auto was for?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

I thought that was what Grand Theft Auto was for?

Disgraceful comment. A gun nut died here remember.

What, playing GTA?

When was this....?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The death toll in America will continue to rise year on year because of the nations obsession with the ownership of firearms. By and large I have found the Yanks to be a pretty simple bunch. They seem clueless about world affairs and very few of the population have broadened their horizons by travelling abroad. I suspect a lot of them still imagine us Brits going about our day to day business in our pin stripe suits with our Bowler hats, umbrellas and copy of the Spectator under our armpits.

I'm proud of the fact that the UK is the only major country in the world where the police are not routinely armed.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That's because they're too fucking trigger happy if they were given them.
Two examples come to mind some geezer in Liverpool a few years back,not taken his Mede for Schizophrenia n starts waving a samurai sword.Not good but the Police arrive and instead of say shooting him in the leg to put the guy down shoot him dead!.
The second was Manchester Firearms team are training,one set of Cops are chasing another set of Cops who are playing Armed Robbers,as Cops A pull Cops B ( playing Robbers) one of the Cops in The chasing Car gets a little excited and shoots his pal DEAD! Whoops FFS right royal fuck up that was.
I presume they now use blank cartridges instead of live rounds.

Now if they're gonna shoot their mates in a training exercise god help us if they are ever given side arms.Armed Response shooting their pals OMG.No to Cops with Guns.Our Gun Laws are among the strictest in the World,that's why our Murder rate by firearm is probably one of the lowest in the World.
Long may it stay that way.

Here we go again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34419802

Obama looked visibly angry when I saw him addressing the press over this and he stated that it's "becoming almost routine" now over there.

It never ceases to amaze me that the most technologically advanced and powerful country on the planet is still so beholden to religious idiots and gun-toting lunatics who can't see that the reason this keeps happening is because they're desperately hanging on to a piece of legislation passed in 1791, on the back of having just fought a revolutionary war against a foreign nation.

It's got cock all to do with being able to protect "your kin folk" from your neighbour - it was adopted in case we (The British) changed our minds and decided we wanted The US back.

Ridiculous.

And sad.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Here we go again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34419802

Obama looked visibly angry when I saw him addressing the press over this and he stated that it's "becoming almost routine" now over there.

It never ceases to amaze me that the most technologically advanced and powerful country on the planet is still so beholden to religious idiots and gun-toting lunatics who can't see that the reason this keeps happening is because they're desperately hanging on to a piece of legislation passed in 1791, on the back of having just fought a revolutionary war against a foreign nation.

It's got cock all to do with being able to protect "your kin folk" from your neighbour - it was adopted in case we (The British) changed our minds and decided we wanted The US back.

Ridiculous.

And sad.
Very true. The death toll will continue to rise year on year. Those states that have adopted tougher restraints on ownership of firearms have less shooting related fatalities than the rest. And still they just don't get it.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I heard on the radio this morning that this is the ninth time this year this has happened. Ninth time!!

We're only just into October ffs!! 

I heard Obama saying something along the lines of, "we're the only nation in the world that has to put up with this shit on a regular basis".

Well, it's their stupid laws that make it so easy. You get the feeling though, that if they started messing around with the peoples right to bear arms, the nation would be in uproar. 

I can only conclude that they don't mind the odd massacre as long as they get to walk round with a gun.

Crazy people, crazy nation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum