Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers call time on pursuit of winger Jordon Ibe and striker Max Clayton

+5
Hipster_Nebula
Alf Hooker
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman admits that Wanderers have been priced out of deals to sign Crewe striker Max Clayton and Liverpool’s Jordon Ibe.

The Whites boss had high hopes of landing the talented duo last week but has once again been frustrated by a lack of available funds at the Macron Stadium.

On Ibe, the highly-rated Anfield winger who had been close to signing a season-long loan until last week, Freedman confirmed that the 18-year-old was on the verge of a move to Championship rivals Derby.

“Jordon looks like he is going to Derby,” he said. “It looks like we have missed out on that one once again.

“The contribution that we would have had to make financially was too difficult for us to meet.”

On Clayton, the 20-year-old striker who had been training with the club last week, Freedman confirmed that he had now travelled to Denmark to speak with FC Midtjylland.

“He’s a good player and we liked him – he’s the kind of player we should be bringing to the club,” he said.

“But the fee that Crewe wanted it out of our reach.”

Crewe were understood to have put a £1million price tag on the youngster, who was out of contract with the League One club but whose value would have been set by a tribunal if Wanderers had pursued a permanent deal.

If he moves abroad, the fee received by the Railwaymen would be substantially lower than it would if he stayed in England.

Source

Can't say I'm too surprised.

Let's face it, if we had the money to bring these two in, we'd have signed Jutkiewicz in the summer.

Bottom six finish nailed on now.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

seriously... 

HOW THE FUCK can we be 'priced out' of a fucking loan deal!? 

Bolton are seriously in the shit big time here, somebody needs to come clean and tell us what the fuck is going on.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:seriously... 

Bolton are seriously in the shit big time here, somebody needs to come clean and tell us what the fuck is going on.
It looks like we are now planning to be in the Championship long term, the Champ is the new Prem for us where we face relegation battles just like in the Prem.

We simply have no ambition anymore, it says it all with having a clueless cock for a manager where Gartside won't sack (2 clueless greedy cocks to be precise!).

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Can't say I'm too surprised.

Let's face it, if we had the money to bring these two in, we'd have signed Jutkiewicz in the summer.

Bottom six finish nailed on now.
Bredders, Juke would have cost us 10 times as much as one of these - Juke was a proposed permanent signing, these 2 are loans. 

Juke would have commanded a salary of at least 20k a week - plus the agents signing on fees etc. 

But these kids would be on nowhere near that money, probably not even 10% of that, and would have been more or less free, the proportion of wages we would have had to pay, even if it was like 90% would have been about 2k a week if that. 

Things are worse than we thought if Derby can price us out of a fucking loan deal.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:seriously... 

It looks like we are now planning to be in the Championship long term, the Champ is the new Prem for us where we face relegation battles just like in the Prem.

We simply have no ambition anymore, it says it all with having a clueless cock for a manager where Gartside won't sack (2 clueless greedy cocks to be precise!).
so we cant afford to sign anyone, also cant afford to loan anyone either. 

I swear, we will not have a BWFC in 2 years. 

anyone else worried? 

All our shit fans need to get up off there arses and DEMAND answers.

I take your point Rebel, but reading the article, it sounds like the Clayton deal was going to be a permanent one, with Crewe wanting £1m for him.

ie, way out of our league......

I agree we're fucked and it's about time Gartside actually explained (A) where all the money's gone and (B) what we're actually trying to do about it.

But he won't....it's all smoke and mirrors at Bolton now and it's wearing thin.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:I take your point Rebel, but reading the article, it sounds like the Clayton deal was going to be a permanent one, with Crewe wanting £1m for him.

ie, way out of our league......

I agree we're fucked and it's about time Gartside actually explained (A) where all the money's gone and (B) what we're actually trying to do about it.

But he won't....it's all smoke and mirrors at Bolton now and it's wearing thin.
Fair enough. we cant afford 1m - peanuts even by championship standards. slightly worrying. 

However, we got priced out of a loan deal as well - so how bad are things really?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I couldn't give a shite about these two nobodies. Right now we need players who can go straight into our first team improve it.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This sounds like Freedman is actually having a go at his bosses here or trying to tell us something.

About time the Bolton News forgot about the free corporate tickets and other perks and demanded to know what the fuck was going on.

Natasha Whittam wrote:I couldn't give a shite about these two nobodies. Right now we need players who can go straight into our first team improve it.

The fact your extremely limited football knowledge doesn't cover this pair is your problem. Ibe would have definitely improved us, Clayton I'm not as convinced by and Crewe will never in a million years get what they want in a tribunal for him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:This sounds like Freedman is actually having a go at his bosses here or trying to tell us something.

About time the Bolton News forgot about the free corporate tickets and other perks and demanded to know what the fuck was going on.

No, it's about time Freedman shut the fuck up. He's one of the highest paid managers in the league and was well aware of our financial situation when he signed his bumper pay deal.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

The fact your extremely limited football knowledge doesn't cover this pair is your problem. Ibe would have definitely improved us, Clayton I'm not as convinced by and Crewe will never in a million years get what they want in a tribunal for him.

How many times have seen these players play 90 minutes?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:This sounds like Freedman is actually having a go at his bosses here or trying to tell us something.

No, it's about time Freedman shut the fuck up. He's one of the highest paid managers in the league and was well aware of our financial situation when he signed his bumper pay deal.
He wasnt. 

Gartside promised him a bit of money - money he never got. 

He was made to sell Eagles and get Ngog off the wage bill to finance some new signings. so he did, and then the money saved/made was snatched away from him. he was effectively told to go fuck himself by gartside.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

How many times have seen these players play 90 minutes?

Anybody who knows football knows Jordan Ibe, he's shown in his cameos for Liverpool, England and Blues the talent he has and he'd have walked into our first team.

Clayton I've only seen bits of, but he's a tidy player. Would have been a nice one to have in the squad in terms of potential but I'm not sure he's better than Cravies at the moment.

You don't need 90 minutes when you have an eye for talent like mine.

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

As Dave Whelan said a while back "theres something not right at Bolton" - now there's a fuckin understatement...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I seriously doubt money was the issue when it comes to Ibe.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What this really says is, Liverpool have a player with potential, why the fuck would they let Freedman drain him of his potential, we would send him back, and with Freedmans coaching skills, they would be lucky to get 3 bob off Marine FC, this way at least they have a chance of developing him.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I seriously doubt money was the issue when it comes to Ibe.

Are you calling Dougie a liar?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I seriously doubt money was the issue when it comes to Ibe.

Are you calling Dougie a liar?

Well, not really because how would I know, I just think he's downplaying other factors like the lads/Liverpool's preference. I'm just speculating.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum