Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers call time on pursuit of winger Jordon Ibe and striker Max Clayton

+5
Hipster_Nebula
Alf Hooker
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Well, not really because how would I know, I just think he's downplaying other factors like the lads/Liverpool's preference. I'm just speculating.

Never admit you were wrong on the internet.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This isn't really a shock as both deals were looking unlikely ages ago.
The question is whether any other targets are being pursued or have we run out of options in the absence of money?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:seriously... 

HOW THE FUCK can we be 'priced out' of a fucking loan deal!? 

Bolton are seriously in the shit big time here, somebody needs to come clean and tell us what the fuck is going on.
It looks like we are now planning to be in the Championship long term, the Champ is the new Prem for us where we face relegation battles just like in the Prem.

We simply have no ambition anymore, it says it all with having a clueless cock for a manager where Gartside won't sack (2 clueless greedy cocks to be precise!).

Totally agree with the first sentence. Everything seems to be set up for 5 years of austerity and the hope that we can stay in the Championship for that time.

Disagree with the second sentence - the ambition is to stay in the Championship and I suspect that is the target that the manager has been set - and will achieve even with the journeyman players he can afford.

The only logical reason for setting this target would be financial and I would guess that the period of austerity is in line with the investment schedule. When the off-pitch investments start to make a return perhaps then the manager will get something to help us move back up to the Premiership. Or perhaps they'll just take the money and the football side will never see serious investment again?

If the plan really is to hang round in the Championship for five years or so, wait 'til the "non football" investments start to bear fruit and then crack on with trying to escape back to the Prem, surely, it'd be in Gartside and the club's best interests to come clean now, tell us what's going on and get us all back on board?

The fact that all we ever get is "Don't worry about the debt, everything's fine" either means we're actually bumbling along without a plan and just hoping for the best or, if the five year thing is true, Gartside is too arrogant to think we either need or deserve to know.

I can't help thinking that things would be better all round if somebody just came out and explained what's going on.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I might be wrong on this but here goes anyway.

I DO know that in the transfer window clubs can be charged a 'fee' for 'loan' players, BUT I'm not certain that the same applies in the 'emergency' transfer window.

I've noted that in the last two seasons the vast majority of our loans took place AFTER the transfer window had shut - and expected the same this time around as well.

Maybe the problem is we simply don't have the money to even compete for loan signings in the proper 'window' and are forced to wait until the emergency window opens to snap up the best we can, when we can pick them up without paying an 'arrangement' fee, so to speak?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:If the plan really is to hang round in the Championship for five years or so, wait 'til the "non football" investments start to bear fruit and then crack on with trying to escape back to the Prem, surely, it'd be in Gartside and the club's best interests to come clean now, tell us what's going on and get us all back on board?

The fact that all we ever get is "Don't worry about the debt, everything's fine" either means we're actually bumbling along without a plan and just hoping for the best or, if the five year thing is true, Gartside is too arrogant to think we either need or deserve to know.

I can't help thinking that things would be better all round if somebody just came out and explained what's going on.
Couldn't agree more - the club's PR people are appalling.

I can only imagine that they daren't publicly suggest anything other than they are aiming for the premiership as they are worried about being accused of not having any ambition.

Or that in revealing their strategy it could affect their ability to attract further investment into their projects.

Or that they are telling the bank/Eddie that they'll get paid when the investments come good - and are telling the manager that he'll get money to spend too.

Or they haven't got a long term plan and we're just fooked.

Whatever the truth of the matter they could do a lot better than the occasional trite generalisation thrown out to the media. That approach went out in the 70s.
They certainly seem to think the public should be told nothing.

27Wanderers call time on pursuit of winger Jordon Ibe and striker Max Clayton - Page 2 Empty Bolton rule out signing duo: SSN report Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:36 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/9444309/transfer-news-bolton-wanderers-rule-out-signing-jordon-ibe-and-max-clayton

Bolton Wanderers have ruled themselves out of the running to sign Liverpool winger Jordon Ibe and striker Max Clayton from Crewe Alexandra.
The Sky Bet Championship side have been interested in recruiting the attacking duo before the end of the summer transfer window.
However, Bolton manager Dougie Freedman has now admitted that they are unable to raise the funds that would be needed to sign them.

While 18-year-old Ibe could join Derby County on a season-long loan deal before Monday’s deadline, 20-year-old Clayton has travelled to Denmark to speak with FC Midtjylland.
“Jordon looks like he is going to Derby,” The Bolton News quotes Freedman as saying. “It looks like we have missed out on that one once again.
“The contribution that we would have had to make financially was too difficult for us to meet.”
Freedman added on Clayton: “He’s a good player and we liked him – he’s the kind of player we should be bringing to the club. But the fee that Crewe wanted is out of our reach.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source at the top of the article. Note the use of the usual  "fee was out of reach" balls spouted by the management about a player currently with the BOTTOM OF LEAGUE ONE outfit who NEARLY kicked us out of the Carling Cup. 

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t8892-wanderers-call-time-on-pursuit-of-winger-jordon-ibe-and-striker-max-clayton

Jesus Pete, you're even behind the BN.

That's like getting beaten in a sack race by Arthur Askey.......

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

ouch, breaders I just took my pain pills and now I need more after that even if iy was justified Sad

Behind the BN? Oh the shame. There's only one answer.  :suicide:

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

sluffy or biggie can you delete this thread or merge it with then one Breaders quoted in his comment please? Ta, help me get the egg off my face. Smile

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:sluffy or biggie can you delete this thread or merge it with then one Breaders quoted in his comment please? Ta, help me get the egg off my face. Smile
Merged. Smile

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thank you karly. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum