Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coolest person of the 20th Century thread.

+8
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
karlypants
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Just watching a documentary on BBC4 about Neil Armstrong.

Decorated fighter pilot, test pilot in the US navy and the first man on the moon.

And then, after that, he became a relative recluse who didn't want to cash in on his fame and rarely gave interviews. (Tres cool in my book.)

And let's not forget, he achieved "proper" fame, as opposed to "X-Factor" or "The Apprentice" fame like we get nowadays....

(He was the first man to set foot on the moon. Stacey Solomon flogged chicken nuggets for Iceland after she got famous - there is a difference.)

Who would your Nuts vote go to for the coolest person of the 20th Century?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to agree with your comparison, those who claim to be 'stars' have really done nothing compared to people who have saved lives and protected people such as the folk who work in our hospitals, firebrigade and our police force!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think I am barking up the wrong tree with my last post!

With me being in the I.T industry, I am going to go with Chuck Hull who is the inventor of the 3D printer as you can print just about anything with one of those in the comfort of your own home!

I'm surprised that sales haven't rocketed with the ability to make sex toys at home for the fraction of the price! Very Happy

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nobody has ever set foot on the moon.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Nobody has ever set foot on the moon.

scratch

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously, seeing it's made of cheese and wouldn't support a lunar landing craft would it Scott?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chuck D is easily the coolest person of the 20th century.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

How many other conspiracy theories do you believe?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Chuck D is easily the coolest person of the 20th century.

As a political commentator using the medium of music to get his point across, Chuck D did very well but he's down the list in terms of popularity, awareness and sales compared to e.g. Dylan and loads of others - possibly even Pete Seeger. 
Always surprised me that a supposed businesswoman and Tory lackey like yourself could have any interest in the anti-capitalist musings of Public Enemy.

As for coolest person of the 20th century look no further than Lloyd George and his "people's budget" of 1909 which laid the foundations of the welfare state by starting a "war on poverty" in the UK.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Just watching a documentary on BBC4 about Neil Armstrong.

Decorated fighter pilot, test pilot in the US navy and the first man on the moon.

And then, after that, he became a relative recluse who didn't want to cash in on his fame and rarely gave interviews. (Tres cool in my book.)

And let's not forget, he achieved "proper" fame, as opposed to "X-Factor" or "The Apprentice" fame like we get nowadays....

(He was the first man to set foot on the moon. Stacey Solomon flogged chicken nuggets for Iceland after she got famous - there is a difference.)

Who would your Nuts vote go to for the coolest person of the 20th Century?

A TRUE STORY

ON JULY 20, 1969, AS COMMANDER OF THE APOLLO 11 LUNAR MODULE, NEIL
ARMSTRONG WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO SET FOOT ON THE MOON.

HIS FIRST WORDS AFTER STEPPING ON THE MOON, "THAT'S ONE SMALL STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND," WERE TELEVISED TO EARTH AND HEARD BY MILLIONS.*

BUT JUST BEFORE HE RE-ENTERED THE LANDER, HE MADE THE ENIGMATIC REMARK - "GOOD LUCK, MR. GORSKY."

MANY PEOPLE AT NASA THOUGHT IT WAS A CASUAL REMARK CONCERNING SOME RIVAL SOVIET COSMONAUT. HOWEVER, UPON CHECKING, THERE WAS NO GORSKY IN EITHER THE RUSSIAN OR AMERICAN SPACE PROGRAMS ..

OVER THE YEARS, MANY PEOPLE QUESTIONED ARMSTRONG AS TO WHAT THE - 'GOOD LUCK, MR. GORSKY' STATEMENT MEANT,

BUT ARMSTRONG ALWAYS JUST SMILED.

ON JULY 5, 1995, IN TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA , WHILE ANSWERING QUESTIONS
FOLLOWING A SPEECH, A REPORTER BROUGHT UP THE 26-YEAR-OLD QUESTION ABOUT Mr Gorsky TO ARMSTRONG.

THIS TIME HE FINALLY RESPONDED BECAUSE MR. GORSKY HAD DIED, SO NEIL ARMSTRONG FELT HE COULD NOW ANSWER THE QUESTION.

HERE IS THE ANSWER TO "WHO WAS MR GORSKY":

IN 1938, WHEN HE WAS A KID IN A SMALL MID-WESTERN TOWN , HE WAS
PLAYING BASEBALL WITH A FRIEND IN THE BACKYARD. HIS FRIEND HIT THE
BALL, WHICH LANDED IN HIS NEIGHBOR'S YARD BY THEIR BEDROOM WINDOW.

HIS NEIGHBORS WERE MR. AND MRS. GORSKY. AS HE LEANED DOWN TO PICK UP THE BALL, YOUNG ARMSTRONG HEARD MRS. GORSKY SHOUTING AT MR. GORSKY,

"SEX! YOU WANT SEX?! YOU'LL GET SEX WHEN THE KID NEXT DOOR WALKS ON THE MOON!"

It broke the place up.

NEIL ARMSTRONG'S FAMILY CONFIRMED THIS IS A TRUE STORY.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Frank Zappa for me was definitely the coolest bloke of the 20th century.
Articulate, intelligent, excellent musician, told it as it was and two fingers to the establishment!!
Pity he didn't push hard enough for president.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The coolest person of the 20th Century?
Do you really need to ask. Very Happy

Nat's along the right lines, the coolest person of the 20th century is of course going to be a hip hop star. Where else can you call yourself names like Ol Dirty Bastard, Del the Funky Homosapien and Quest Love?

Any number could be the coolest, but in terms of shunting fame who better than MF DOOM - 

Never seen in public without his mask on, (hence Metal Face Doom)

Coolest person of the 20th Century thread. Doom1

boltonbonce wrote:The coolest person of the 20th Century?

that's cheating though as he has lived through the 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:The coolest person of the 20th Century?

that's cheating though as he has lived through the 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st.
No,it just seems like it.

Here's his graduation photo.

He's not changed a bit in over 400 years, has he?

Coolest person of the 20th Century thread. 610ad8626f328e40ac54dff09ccceac7

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Any number could be the coolest, but in terms of shunting fame who better than MF DOOM - 

Never seen in public without his mask on, (hence Metal Face Doom)

Coolest person of the 20th Century thread. Doom1
Anyone wearing a mask to imbue a sense of "mystery" a la Slipknot is more likely to be a candidate for "Most Desperate Twat of the 20th Century" or potentially "Ugliest Mug"

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His mother did very well for herself.
Coolest person of the 20th Century thread. Brucie10_1751492a

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's about tome Bonce was banned for turning every thread into a Brucie thread.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Nat's along the right lines, the coolest person of the 20th century is of course going to be a hip hop star. Where else can you call yourself names like Ol Dirty Bastard, Del the Funky Homosapien and Quest Love?

ODB was pretty cool. Managed to escape from prison while being transported to a rehab centre, and then managed to perform at a Wu-Tang Clan gig despite the cops covering all the entrances to the venue. Then got re-arrested in McDonalds. Which wasn't so cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum