Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Get real... we could have lost...

+12
Hipster_Nebula
NickFazer
wanderlust
Hip Priest
ege66
boltonbonce
karlypants
Banks of the Croal
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
Bolton Nuts
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Get real... we could have lost... Empty Get real... we could have lost... Sat Oct 25 2014, 21:54

Bolton Nuts

Admin

All this "we look ten times better", "I love Lennon's passion when we scored", "how different we look"... is all bollocks.

Seriously we had one decent opening in the first thirty seconds and then practically nothing for the next 45 mins. Lonergan kept us in it with a string of top saves and Brentford also missed a couple of glorious chances across the face of goal. Then in the second half we looked exactly like a Dougie performance - only the players actually pulled off a win.

Brentford pressed and pressed and won a load of corners and loked quite dangerous. A better side would have equlaised and we were kind of fortunate that it wasn't Forest or Cardiff or something. Dougie has been asking for a decent counter attack all season to seal a game and he got one today - only a few games too late... And that's not because we specifically broke better, it's mostly down to their keeper hanging around in our box for too long.

However on the plus side we can finally see all Dougie's hard work coming to fruition now.

I am just saying don't get carried away.
That is all.

Lennon, Danns, Mavies, Lonergan and Dervite were all very decent today!
Keep up the good work.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sat Oct 25 2014, 21:58

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sat Oct 25 2014, 21:59

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It's a nice night for fishing.

4Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sat Oct 25 2014, 22:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Terrible Wumming.

5Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sat Oct 25 2014, 22:04

Wadadik

6Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sat Oct 25 2014, 22:15

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

In theory we could lose every match we play Very Happy 

Today we didn't, so Fuck You Biggie Very Happy

7Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sat Oct 25 2014, 22:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This thread is BORING, bye! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

8Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sat Oct 25 2014, 22:49

Bolton Nuts

Admin

omg. Is everyone just so glad we won they are closing their eyes?

9Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sat Oct 25 2014, 22:55

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

::sulk::

10Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sat Oct 25 2014, 22:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie,for the first time in ages we're feeling confident,happy with the performance of team and manager,and looking forward to a push up the table. Stop pissing on our parade. ::bwfcfan::

11Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sat Oct 25 2014, 23:10

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The next game we don't win, I'm fully expecting a thread called "Get real... we could have won..."

12Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sun Oct 26 2014, 00:15

ege66

David Ngog
David Ngog

My first game in ages. Really enjoyed it. Lots of positives, a few negatives. Always nervy with the whites but anything other than a win would have been very hard to take. I can only see that we are moving onwards and upwards with Neil Lennon in charge.

13Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sun Oct 26 2014, 01:46

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fuck off Biggie. Tosser!

14Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sun Oct 26 2014, 10:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are right Biggie but you might allow us a couple of days to enjoy the delusions of grandeur before this come down.

TBF I was impressed with the away win at Brum until Bournemouth put 8 past them and put our result into context.

We will play many better teams than Brentford, but we can only beat what is in front of us and today it's a case of job done for Lennon and the lads. We all know there's a lot of work to be done if we are going to survive, but it's important to enjoy the occasional win when we get it.

15Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sun Oct 26 2014, 11:20

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The main point is that we are improving.

16Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sun Oct 26 2014, 11:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't mind but none of it is true.

"string of top saves" "brentford pressed and pressed" No they didn't. 

If you had to compare a half to Dougie it would have been the first, lots of huff and puff and absolutely no quality in the final third, Danns was at fault, loads of good work in the middle but always fluffed his lines near the goal, took 2 or 3 poor shots when he should have passed too.

second half was much better, pressing high up the pitch, hemming Brentford in and getting chances, scored 2 good goals, subs were the right ones at the right time.

their goal, awful carless stuff think it was Spearing then Brentford had their tails up and we were nervous and pretty poor but even then we had 2 or 3 chances to break on them we wasted.

all in all much better with lots of work to do, no one is getting carried away.

17Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sun Oct 26 2014, 11:58

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Since the next game is Norwich away nobody will be surprised if we get hammered. That's a tough game no matter who is in charge. So that should bring most back to earth.  Just an on-going better performance and maybe nick a point will do us.

18Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sun Oct 26 2014, 12:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aaahh...Norwich. I'll be there on Friday hoping that we do enough to make sure life with my Norfolk friends and neighbours doesn't descend into a season-long pisstake.

19Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sun Oct 26 2014, 14:21

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Shame on you Biggie Mad

20Get real... we could have lost... Empty Re: Get real... we could have lost... Sun Oct 26 2014, 19:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Aaahh...Norwich. I'll be there on Friday hoping that we do enough to make sure life with my Norfolk friends and neighbours doesn't descend into a season-long pisstake.

We'll be playing in white, just in case you get confused.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum