Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lost in the post

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lost in the post Empty Lost in the post Mon Sep 03 2012, 01:57

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A Norwegian art gallery has confessed that it has lost a Rembrant etching worth £5,400 as a result of sending it in the general post.

The gallery's chairman Ole Derje said they had used regular mail as couriers and insurance were "quite expensive". The etching remains lost in the Norwegian postal system, or more likely stolen by some crooked bastard.

I have to order shoes by mail order. Once, a pair of shoes sent to me were lost by Royal Mail. They weren't very expensive but it took weeks and weeks to get the cost of the shoes refunded. In the meantime I ended up ordering new shoes from elsewhere.

Have you ever been a victim of postal theft? Have you ever sent anything valuable in the post and got away with it?

When you go to post anything at the Post Office these days the counter staff try and rip you off by selling you an overpriced postal service, and it's hard to know what postal service to use as there are so many.

Maybe you've bought or sold something on eBay and been stung by their ridiculous policies.

I once sent an eBay scammer a turd in a butty box. He was expecting a Samsung camcorder.

2Lost in the post Empty Re: Lost in the post Mon Sep 03 2012, 10:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've never had anything expensive stolen or lost so I'm quite happy to send items via Royal Mail. They get a lot of stick but they're pretty good in my opinion.

I've sent parcels all round the world, to dodgy addresses in Taiwan, Japan & Honduras and even they're arrived so clearly other countries have decent postal systems.

On the subject of the turd, someone once sent me a turd, probably a cat or small dog dump, about 10 years ago. To this day I have no idea who sent it other than it was posted in Brighton.

3Lost in the post Empty Re: Lost in the post Mon Sep 03 2012, 10:17

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

How awful, it must be horrendous to open a random parcel in the post and find it is poo. How was it packaged? I used a Dsngermouse kiddies' lunch box.

4Lost in the post Empty Re: Lost in the post Mon Sep 03 2012, 10:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:How awful, it must be horrendous to open a random parcel in the post and find it is poo. How was it packaged? I used a Dsngermouse kiddies' lunch box.

It was well packaged in a shoebox, I thought one of my admirers had sent me something special.

You clearly have connections in Brighton, can you find out who sent it?

5Lost in the post Empty Re: Lost in the post Mon Sep 03 2012, 10:28

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
You clearly have connections in Brighton, can you find out who sent it?

I've never been to Brighton in my life, but I have read Graham Greene's 'Brighton Rock' and seen the 70s movie 'Quadrophenia', which features a Phil Daniels-led mod mob having a right old barney with the old bill on Brighton seafront. I don't know if that helps.

6Lost in the post Empty Re: Lost in the post Mon Sep 03 2012, 10:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I've never been to Brighton in my life, but I have read Graham Greene's 'Brighton Rock' and seen the 70s movie 'Quadrophenia', which features a Phil Daniels-led mod mob having a right old barney with the old bill on Brighton seafront. I don't know if that helps.

Don't be coy Largehat, I'm talking about your "friends" Summer & Sunshine - they seem well connected.

Lost in the post Article-0-06BF5253000005DC-681_468x749

7Lost in the post Empty Re: Lost in the post Mon Sep 03 2012, 11:07

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not being coy, I just hoped to avoid you derailing my thread with your homosexual aspertions.

This is a thread to discuss items being lost in the post.

8Lost in the post Empty Re: Lost in the post Mon Sep 03 2012, 11:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I'm not being coy, I just hoped to avoid you derailing my thread with your homosexual aspertions.

This is a thread to discuss items being lost in the post.

No, it's a thread about items lost in the post, and sending/receiving poo.

I once lost one of those little gadgets that measure the tread on your tyres.

9Lost in the post Empty Re: Lost in the post Mon Sep 03 2012, 11:41

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A few years back I sent a birthday card to my niece with a £20 gift voucher inside and it never arrived. Shortly after, there was a story in the local paper about some bent postman who'd been opening letters & cards and stealing everybody's stuff.

It's probably wrong to generalize but since then I've developed a deep and intense hatred of postmen - to such an extent that if I'm driving and a post van is trying to get into my lane I never let them, that's how strongly I feel.

The dog poo idea sounds good though. Next time I send a birthday card, I'm putting poo in it - that'll teach the robbing bastards.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum