Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where did all the water come from?

+5
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
Bwfc1958
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Where did all the water come from? Empty Where did all the water come from? Wed Dec 10 2014, 22:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm fascinated by all the space stuff as I said in the thread I started a while back on the little space craft that we landed on the comet.

Well news in from that landing is that it now seems very unlikely that the water on the earth came (as was thought) from them.

When the earth was born in was bascially a ball of fire and brimstone, massive volcanoes all over the place spewing out lava. So how then did all the worlds water get here?

It was thought that loads of 'ice' comets bombarded us over the eons and 'filled' us up with all the water we have - not so it seems now.

Putting it simply the earth's water 'signiture' and that from the comet don't match - it's the wrong type of water - so we are back to the begining - how did our water get here?

Anybody got any bright ideas?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30414519

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Jesus having a piss.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Mr Magoo wrote:Jesus having a piss.
I'm sure that was the sort of well thought out and measured contribution sluffy was hoping for there magoo. You should put that idea forward to the science bigwigs and see what they think. You might be onto something.  Very Happy

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Jesus having a piss.

The agnostic voice of reason strikes again! Laughing

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Prove i am wrong

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Magoo explains a lot.
Where did all the water come from? 2Q==

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Thank you bonce, he must drink alot of water.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Thank you bonce, he must drink alot of water.
Where did he get it?

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Ah that is the question, maybe planet vapour.

10Where did all the water come from? Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Wed Dec 10 2014, 22:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Or Buxton.

11Where did all the water come from? Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Wed Dec 10 2014, 22:58

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Don't be stupid.

12Where did all the water come from? Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Wed Dec 10 2014, 22:59

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Condensation ... on a massivec scale ... the Cold Air of Space hits the Hot Air of Earth and Creates ... Water. Very Happy

Last edited by Banks of the Croal on Wed Dec 10 2014, 23:01; edited 1 time in total

13Where did all the water come from? Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Wed Dec 10 2014, 23:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Don't be stupid.
Prove I am wrong.

14Where did all the water come from? Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Wed Dec 10 2014, 23:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Magoo should have his own alternative theory show on BBC3. He could be the next Magnus Pyke or Charlie Pontoon.

15Where did all the water come from? Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Wed Dec 10 2014, 23:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Magoo should have his own alternative theory show on BBC3. He could be the next Magnus Pyke or Charlie Pontoon.
I could see channel BBC3 after a couple of days of Magoo..........Closed! Laughing

16Where did all the water come from? Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Thu Dec 11 2014, 00:18

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Wanker's the lot of you. :zzz:

17Where did all the water come from? Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Thu Dec 11 2014, 00:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

18Where did all the water come from? Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Thu Dec 11 2014, 11:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Recent measurements of the chemical composition of Moon rocks suggest that Earth was born with its water already present. Investigating lunar samples carried to Earth by the Apollo 15 and 17 missions found a deuterium-to-hydrogen ratio that matched the isotopic ratio in carbonaceous chondrites. The ratio is also similar to that found in water on Earth. The findings suggest a common source of water for both objects. This supports a theory that Jupiter temporarily migrated into the inner Solar System, destabilizing the orbits of water-rich carbonaceous chondrites. As a result, some of the bodies could have fallen inwards and become part of the raw material for making Earth and its neighbors.[4] The discovery of water vapor out-gassing from Ceres provides related information on water-ice content of the asteroid belt.[5]

19Where did all the water come from? Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Thu Dec 11 2014, 17:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There was a TV series a year or so ago that suggested water came from comets and that the moon was just as likely to be hit as the Earth. I still think this is the case because the time span for this development phase was hundreds of millions of years so I think it's statistically likely given what we know about the earth's formation.

20Where did all the water come from? Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Thu Dec 11 2014, 21:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:There was a TV series a year or so ago that suggested water came from comets and that the moon was just as likely to be hit as the Earth. I still think this is the case because the time span for this development phase was hundreds of millions of years so I think it's statistically likely given what we know about the earth's formation.

The problem with this though - if you re-read my initial post - is that the comet's contain a DIFFERENT kind of water to that which is found on the earth / moon - therefore the water is not from the comets - hence this thread asking where all the water came from?

Sadly God's piss seems to be winning with gas giant Jupiter going walk about and pitching up to fill us full of water in second place.

I don't think we've nailed this one yet tbh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum