Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where did all the water come from?

+5
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
Bwfc1958
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Where did all the water come from? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:00 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jupiter's gravity would have pulled icy objects now in the Kuiper belt towards earth, in the early formation of the solar system, nothing to do with Jupiter itself.

22Where did all the water come from? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:13 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never thought I'd see a reference to the Kuiper belt on here.  Shocked

23Where did all the water come from? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:54 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Jupiter's gravity would have pulled icy objects now in the Kuiper belt towards earth, in the early formation of the solar system, nothing to do with Jupiter itself.

I read it as it had gone walk about?

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Recent measurements of the chemical composition of Moon rocks suggest that Earth was born with its water already present. Investigating lunar samples carried to Earth by the Apollo 15 and 17 missions found a deuterium-to-hydrogen ratio that matched the isotopic ratio in carbonaceous chondrites. The ratio is also similar to that found in water on Earth. The findings suggest a common source of water for both objects. This supports a theory that Jupiter temporarily migrated into the inner Solar System, destabilizing the orbits of water-rich carbonaceous chondrites. As a result, some of the bodies could have fallen inwards and become part of the raw material for making Earth and its neighbors.[4] The discovery of water vapor out-gassing from Ceres provides related information on water-ice content of the asteroid belt.[5]

24Where did all the water come from? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:59 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously I'm not a scientist but all this would have been happening in the turbulent formation of the solar system before the earth was formed, so things as we know it wouldn't have been established at that point, such as Jupiters current orbit.

25Where did all the water come from? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:08 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Obviously I'm not a scientist but all this would have been happening in the turbulent formation of the solar system before the earth was formed, so things as we know it wouldn't have been established at that point, such as Jupiters current orbit.

I think Magoo would beg to differ on your thesis.

26Where did all the water come from? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where did all the water come from? Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:12 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Magoo equation.

Where did all the water come from? - Page 2 NewmanEquationOnlyToUse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum