Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

At what point did you become a Wanderer.

+16
Chairmanda
wessy
bryan458
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
Soul Kitchen
Norpig
scottjames30
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Mr Magoo
rogercpc
White84
rammywhite
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Some time around 58/59  remember watching the 58 final on a black and white tv at my Aunties house, up Halliwell.

It's been up and Down Hill since .

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

First early memory was a Bolton v Birmingham game in the mid 70's  but what made me a life supporter was going to watch Bolton whilst we were in the 4th Division under Phil Neal.  Sure other friends lost interest and glory hunted but only true supporters stay with a club through thick and thin!

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Chairmanda wrote:1973 I was 6 my Dad took me I was hooked we were in Division 3 and we won 3-2 I remember John Byrom scored a hat trick.
Although you very seldom see men smoking pipes I always associate the smell of pipe smoke with sitting in the Manny road seats.
We then started going in the Lever End.
As I got older and my dad dropped off I'd go in the Burnden Paddock or Embankment till they built that monstrosity Normid.
How far we have come.

I sat in Manny Road stand from 1970 onwards. My seat was behind my Dad and Mr Mitchell, deputy head of Bolton boys, both avid pipe smokers. I never saw a goal live through the fug, just had to believe the crowd cheers. Good times.
i went to that game, great match first ever Sunday game, lots of placards saying the world will end. we were in Division two that year (Championship) 
we finished 11th ? We won the third division 72-3 played stoke January 74

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

1976/77 season. A midweek game against Mansfield Town. It was the first time my dad had taken me to a game on a schoolnight and the atmosphere was awesome. We drew 1-1 but to a seven year old the whole experience was amazing. When we left the ground dad took me into a nearby pub where he chatted to some other Trotter fans and I fell asleep on his knee. Mum went mad when we got home sometime around midnight but it was worth it. One of the best times I ever had with my father and one I'll never forget.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The morning I woke up to find that Bolton had 3 Jamaican players on the roster.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum