Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crystal Palace close in on £1.5m deal for Bolton winger Lee despite £30,000 per week wage Demands

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crystal Palace are close to striking a deal worth £1.5million for Lee Chung-yong, but chairman Steve Parish is believed to be baulking at the South Korea international’s £30,000 per week wage demands.

Lee has six months left on his current contract and is understood to have told team-mates of his desire to leave Bolton Wanderers following a successful six years.

The 26-year-old, signed for £2m in August 2009, has made nearly 200 appearances for Bolton, scoring three goals in 26 games this season.

Alan Pardew is keen to add to his attacking options despite possessing Yannick Bolasie, Wilfried Zaha and Jason Puncheon. But it is understood Parish is reluctant to commit to Lee’s current salary requirements.

It had been thought a leg injury sustained by Lee during South Korea’s 1-0 win over Oman at the Asian Cup last week might curtail a transfer away. Lee was stretchered off 12 minutes from time.

But Bolton manager Neil Lennon revealed on Thursday morning that he should be back within two weeks. 'Chungy’s out, but he’s only out for a week to 10 days,' he said. 'There’s a minuscule hairline fracture which will heal very, very quickly so he’ll be fit in a week or two.’

Source

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Crystal Palace are close to striking a deal worth £1.5million for Lee Chung-yong, but chairman Steve Parish is believed to be baulking at the South Korea international’s £30,000 per week wage demands.

Lee has six months left on his current contract and is understood to have told team-mates of his desire to leave Bolton Wanderers following a successful six years.

The 26-year-old, signed for £2m in August 2009, has made nearly 200 appearances for Bolton, scoring three goals in 26 games this season.

Alan Pardew is keen to add to his attacking options despite possessing Yannick Bolasie, Wilfried Zaha and Jason Puncheon. But it is understood Parish is reluctant to commit to Lee’s current salary requirements.

It had been thought a leg injury sustained by Lee during South Korea’s 1-0 win over Oman at the Asian Cup last week might curtail a transfer away. Lee was stretchered off 12 minutes from time.

But Bolton manager Neil Lennon revealed on Thursday morning that he should be back within two weeks. 'Chungy’s out, but he’s only out for a week to 10 days,' he said. 'There’s a minuscule hairline fracture which will heal very, very quickly so he’ll be fit in a week or two.’

Source

I know it is in the title of the thread but I though I'd just point out again that a footballer who as more or less not done anything for the last two years as drawn THREE MILLION POUNDS in wages in the time!!!

He kicks a ball ffs!

The world as gone mad.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think CYLs wage demands are what he wants now from Palace as opposed to what he's on with us.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The article says 'current' not 'future' or 'potential'.

Even if he was on half of that (which he isn't) he still would have got £1.5 million for kicking a ball about for 2 years - how much do nurses, firemen, etc, who do meaningful jobs earn in - even doctors, surgeons, specailists, etc who saves lives every day don't get anywhere near that.

Lennon said Lee was the top earner at the club - we know that players such as Baptiste was signed for £18,000 a week, so I really do believe Lee is 'currently' on £30,000pw.

As I say, the worlds gone mad.

We get what we deserve.

it says current salary Requirements

I could be on £1.50 an hour but currently require £3.50 per hour

It is very cleverly worded but i do beleive he is one of our top earners.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes it does but it's still prefereced with the word 'current'.

The way the sentence is written is that Palace will not meet Lee's present salary (and 'add-ons').

Sluffy wrote:Yes it does but it's still prefereced with the word 'current'.

The way the sentence is written is that Palace will not meet Lee's present salary (and 'add-ons').

Either way Sluffy, you're right, even mediocre footballers are commanding wages well in excess of what they are truly worth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum