Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

i really am useless without sat nav

+4
Jake McHale
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21i really am useless without sat nav - Page 2 Empty Re: i really am useless without sat nav Tue Feb 03 2015, 20:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Sat Navs are great - no pre-planning required, just put in the postcode and off you go...

You still need to question them though, at least I do.

I don't tend to have a great need for one but I have used them and probably 99% of the time they have been great but every now and again, I think what they are telling me can't be right.

A couple of years back I used one to drive from New York to Toronto - no problem going there but coming back the sat nav wanted for some reason or other, send me about 300 miles out of my way!?

I literally saw a sign saying New York 175 miles and the sat nav was telling me almost 500!

Obviously I didn't know the roads over there but if you've ever been to the states every road - even minor ones - seem to be as big as our motorways and have next to nothing on them.

I followed my instincts rather than the sat nav and had no problems at all getting back (it recalculated after a few miles anyway to something very much closer to what the sign had said).

Sat navs are indeed very good but not always 100% perfect imo.

22i really am useless without sat nav - Page 2 Empty Re: i really am useless without sat nav Wed Feb 04 2015, 13:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:You can't read a map, Nat, because you are a bird and your brain doesn't work in the right way to interpret the images and convert them into what you are seeing in front of you out of the car window.

Fact.

Shoes and handbags - yes.

Getting from A to B without getting lost and bursting into tears - no.

I'm coming for you once my fanny heals.

Is that what happens if you don't use it?

23i really am useless without sat nav - Page 2 Empty Re: i really am useless without sat nav Wed Feb 04 2015, 13:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have never fully recovered from being trapped in a taxi from Newcastle to Hexham with a lunatic driver and his Kenneth Williams voice satnav which he found hilarious but I got bored with after the the first "OOOOOOHH! Turn right in 150 yards". Get a life you effing sad Geordie twazzock.

Satnavs are irritating and unnecessary if you have a reasonable sense of direction, a bit of common sense and aren't afraid to ask for directions if required.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum