Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you shop at your local market?

+5
karlypants
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Do you shop at your local market? Empty Do you shop at your local market? Sat Feb 14 2015, 21:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When I was at Uni, people living in halls used to rave about food shopping at Bolton Market.

I was never keen on the idea myself, but decided to give it a go a few weeks ago.

I bought a piece of fish that seemed like a bargain until I got up the next day to find it had left my fridge smelling like shit. I took the fish back and got a full refund but that's not the point.

I've heard all-sorts of stories about local market traders refreezing stock and holding it for a lot longer than they should.

Can these small-time dealers be trusted?

2Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sat Feb 14 2015, 21:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you've stopped following Tim Ream round Asda?

3Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sat Feb 14 2015, 21:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rarely shop at local markets these days. 
Had a walk round the Pembroke Hall Market in Walkden on Monday,but found it a depressing experience. Ended up in Tesco and Aldi.

4Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 15:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:So you've stopped following Tim Ream round Asda?

I haven't seen Tim in Asda for a good while, not since he signed a new contract actually.

5Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 15:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Market in Norwich is Ok but the local ones like Aylsham are all premium products from "artisans" so if you need Habanero jam, or stuffed quail on a bed of samphire it's fine.
But there's nothing round here like e.g. Leigh market (2 roast chickens for a fiver back in the day) or Bolton or Bury markets where you could feed a footie team for the price of a match programme.

6Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 16:00

I used to work on brandwoods fish and meat stall on Bolton market. Great job for a 14 year old. I enjoyed it that much my mum made me quit when i got expelled as a punishment

7Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 16:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You got expelled from School, not suspended?

Do you feel a bit of a pillock for it now that your older? Very Happy

8Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 16:06

karlypants wrote:You got expelled from School, not suspended?

Fully expelled. And not at all. It was the best thing that could have happened to me. Thornleigh in my year was full of pricks.

Went to st james in farnworth after that and it was a hell of a lot better.

9Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 17:11

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

y2johnny wrote:
karlypants wrote:You got expelled from School, not suspended?

Thornleigh in my year was full of pricks.
True this. I was lucky enough to be a year behind. Lot of good lads in my year with the exception of a few.

10Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 17:28

Do you remember andy sid? He was one of my best mates growing up. His older brother was a decent ref too. Not sure what level hebis now but he was 4th official a few times in the champ n prem i think.

11Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 17:56

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote: Not sure what level hebis 

Who did he catch herpes from?

12Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 18:14

scottjames30 wrote:
y2johnny wrote: Not sure what level hebis 

Who did he catch herpes from?

He is i meant. Fat fingers

13Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 18:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

He is i meant.  Fat fingers

Laughing  No Prop Spliffy

14Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 18:21

scottjames30 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

He is i meant.  Fat fingers

Laughing  No Prop Spliffy

Im not stoned.......

15Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 18:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

Im not stoned.......

I'm not your mum.....

16Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 18:28

scottjames30 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Im not stoned.......

I'm not your mum.....

I think you might be. .....

17Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 18:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

Watch it then!

18Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Sun Feb 15 2015, 18:34

scottjames30 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Watch it then!

I think I'm older than you. This is getting a bit weird now

19Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Tue Feb 17 2015, 15:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i don't use the local markets much but i do miss a proper butchers shop. The one near me closed recently and was really good. The quality of meat was so much better than the supermarkets.

20Do you shop at your local market? Empty Re: Do you shop at your local market? Tue Feb 17 2015, 15:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a myth that butchers sell better meat than supermarkets. They sell the same meat for double or triple the price.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum