Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Beatles or The Stones?

+10
wanderlust
Jake McHale
Soul Kitchen
Banks of the Croal
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
Norpig
okocha
boltonbonce
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 16:47

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The Air that i breathe, written By Albert Hammond and Mike Hazelwood originally recorded by Albert Hammond, Hollies hits other peoples creations,Beatles all their own, way way out on there own far and above any others over one Billion records sold and they wrote and gave the stones there first big hit , I wanna be your man.

22The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 17:16

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The Small faces are another band i like listening to but again mainly a singles band, Humble Pie as well love Natural Born Woman and Wrist Job.

23The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 17:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jake McHale wrote:The Air that i breathe, written By Albert Hammond and Mike Hazelwood originally recorded by Albert Hammond..

Didn't Albert Hammond have a free electric band?

24The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 18:09

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Jake McHale wrote:The Air that i breathe, written By Albert Hammond and Mike Hazelwood originally recorded by Albert Hammond..

Didn't Albert Hammond have a free electric band?
He had an album called that.

25The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 18:25

Anyway, i know this is going to get me slated beyond belief judging by the comments but id have the stone ROSES over the rolling stones

26The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 19:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:Anyway, i know this is going to get me slated beyond belief judging by the comments but id have the stone ROSES over the rolling stones
Given your age, I expect you would, and I obviously don't see the problem.
Two soul giants, Otis Redding and Wilson Pickett, covered Stones and Beatles songs. Otis covered Satisfaction and Pickett covered Hey Jude.
The latters Hey Jude cover blows the original out the water for me, all the na na na shit at the end replaced by the guitar of Duane Allman. Quality.

27The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 20:26

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Only one band will be remembered and it ain't the Hollies or even the Stones Lennon and McCartney for there song writing ability alone puts them on a much higher level. Its always Beatle mania not stones Mania Opinions are valid, but history will always talk up the Beatles before the rest.

28The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 20:35

wessy wrote:Its always Beatle mania not stones Mania Opinions are valid, but history will always talk up the Beatles before the rest.

Right place, right time is one of the reasons for that though.

29The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 20:38

wessy wrote: Its always Beatle mania not stones Mania

Was it not just all teenage girls screaming and wetting their knickers?

They were just the One Direction of their day, surely....?

:bomb:

30The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 20:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preferred The Monkees. Razz
They had a TV show as well.

31The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 21:04

Ive always likes the beatles. But as ive got older ive found that really its more lennon that i like and mccartney gets on my tits. Never really listen to the rolling stones much but may download an album to give it a good listen. Is forty licks a good place to start? I can see where bread is coming from with the beatles comparison to one direction, but i cant imagine 1d (i feel ashamed just calling them that) will quite stand the test of time. But then there is also the fact that i think scousers have a lot to do with why the beatles are still rammed down peoples throats. Capital of culture and all that shit.

The beatles are the biggest band the uk has ever produced and even broke america.

32The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 21:06

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:

At last somebody who sees it as it is!
And add T Rex to the gusset dampening brigade!!Very Happy

33The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 21:10

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:

The beatles even broke america.
And so did Led Zeppelin on a bigger stage!!
And arguably the biggest band Britain ever produced!

34The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 21:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't really like any if im totally honest.

35The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 21:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes Forty Licks is a good place to start.

36The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 21:19

Soul Kitchen wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

The beatles even broke america.
And so did Led Zeppelin on a bigger stage!!
And arguably the biggest band Britain ever produced!

Record sales/number 1s etc?

I'm torn on this i really am. Like i say I'm more of a lennon fan as there is just something about the smugness of mccartney i can't stand

37The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 22:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Y2johnny. There's loads of stuff on the net about them, particularly their stadium gigs.
They were a love or hate band at the time, but always hit the sweet spot for me.

38The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Mon Mar 23 2015, 22:41

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The Damned
The Rolling Stones
The Beetles

In that order

39The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 02:15

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Absolute fucking idiots especially SK how the fuck can anyone compare 1D to the Beatles is beyond belief you fucking moron you have no credibility at all .Your taste in music is shit, I bet your fucking dustman sings Hey Jude better in your mind you absolute Bellend what a fucking clown you are you know fuck all about music beyond your wierd obscure shit that next to nobody gives a shit about.

40The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 08:36

Jake McHale wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Absolute fucking idiots especially SK how the fuck can anyone compare 1D to the Beatles is beyond belief you fucking moron you have no credibility at all .Your taste in music is shit, I bet your fucking dustman sings Hey Jude better in your mind you absolute Bellend what a fucking clown you are you know fuck all about music beyond your wierd obscure shit that next to nobody gives a shit about.
in the grand scheme of things its a varying opinion Jake, have a snickers, your not your self when your hungry

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next