Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Beatles or The Stones?

+10
wanderlust
Jake McHale
Soul Kitchen
Banks of the Croal
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
Norpig
okocha
boltonbonce
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 08:51

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jake McHale wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
Breadman wrote:
wessy wrote: Its always Beatle mania not stones Mania

Was it not just all teenage girls screaming and wetting their knickers?

They were just the One Direction of their day, surely....?

:bomb:
At last somebody who sees it as it is!
And add T Rex to the gusset dampening brigade!!Very Happy
Absolute fucking idiots especially SK how the fuck can anyone compare 1D to the Beatles is beyond belief you fucking moron you have no credibility at all .Your taste in music is shit, I bet your fucking dustman sings Hey Jude better in your mind you absolute Bellend what a fucking clown you are you know fuck all about music beyond your wierd obscure shit that next to nobody gives a shit about.

Oh dear, mind your blood pressure AD!
Read the post properly, I never mentioned 1D, but to me they have similar significance!!!
Music is all objective and personal opinion, the only fucking morons, as you put it, are the people that can't see that?
Not as you can't, of course, AD.
As for my dustman and Hey Jude, never see him so I'll pass on that, but Picket sings it the best!Smile

42The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 09:00

Come on, Jake.....be serious for a minute now.

It's a well documented fact nowadays that Brian Epstein put The Beatles together because he wanted a boy-band in the Westlife / Take That mould that he could use to cash in on the chart success that Gerry & The Pacemakers and The Merseybeats were having at that time.

They were aimed squarely at the teenage girl market because they were the ones buying records.

Surely even you have to admit that's true....?

And let's be honest, Let It Be's not a terrible tune but it's nowhere near the quality of say Back For Good or Take That And Party, is it?

Gary Barlow's a miles better songwriter than either Lennon or McCartney - just look at the Ivor Novello awards he's won and the number of records he's sold.

43The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 10:22

Breadman wrote:

Gary Barlow's a miles better songwriter than either LennonĀ 
damn you straight to hell breadman, damn you

44The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 10:33

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Breadman wrote:Come on, Jake.....be serious for a minute now.

It's a well documented fact nowadays that Brian Epstein put The Beatles together because he wanted a boy-band in the Westlife / Take That mould that he could use to cash in on the chart success that Gerry & The Pacemakers and The Merseybeats were having at that time.

They were aimed squarely at the teenage girl market because they were the ones buying records.

Surely even you have to admit that's true....?

And let's be honest, Let It Be's not a terrible tune but it's nowhere near the quality of say Back For Good or Take That And Party, is it?

Gary Barlow's a miles better songwriter than either Lennon or McCartney - just look at the Ivor Novello awards he's won and the number of records he's sold.
Barlow about fuckin time you saw sense he leaves Dylan and Springsteen way behind not my cup of tea though try soup kitchen.

45The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 10:35

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Soul Kitchen wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

The beatles even broke america.
And so did Led Zeppelin on a bigger stage!!
And arguably the biggest band Britain ever produced!
LZ mainly forgotten now,Beatles Timeless.

46The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 10:37

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Jake McHale wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Absolute fucking idiots especially SK how the fuck can anyone compare 1D to the Beatles is beyond belief you fucking moron you have no credibility at all .Your taste in music is shit, I bet your fucking dustman sings Hey Jude better in your mind you absolute Bellend what a fucking clown you are you know fuck all about music beyond your wierd obscure shit that next to nobody gives a shit about.

Read the post properly, I never mentioned 1D, but to me they have similar significance!!!
Music is all objective and personal opinion, the only fucking morons, as you put it, are the people that can't see that?
As for my dustman and Hey Jude, never see him so I'll pass on that, but Picket sings it the best!Smile
Wilson shitits version is at best crap.

47The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 11:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:The Damned
The Rolling Stones
The Beetles

In that order

Saw the Damned for a charity gig very early in their career as the punk scene was starting to infiltrate so it would be winter '76, possibly early '77. Punk was new to Scotland where I was living then but there were a few enthusiastic lads in the crowd. The Damned came on and played a kicking first tune. Punks danced and spat at the band. Vanian looked pissed off but said nothing. Straight into a second song. More spitting and an empty can was thrown on the stage. They stopped playing. Vanian gives the audience a lecture ending with "any more cans thrown on the stage and we're off". Three beats into the next song and full can of Tennants sailed in from the crowd and hit the hi hat - and they walked.
I went round the back of the stage with my mate who was the head bouncer and joined in the discussion about them going back on - it being a charity event after all.
They refused.
Having seen the early punk scene in London the previous summer I was left wondering why they even wanted to be a punk band if they weren't going to get into the spirit of it.
Elf and Safety tastic and a big disappointment.

48The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 12:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jake McHale wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

49The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 12:56

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jake McHale wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

If you say.
And so is Son House!!
Not forgotten by their followers though.

50The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 13:06

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jake McHale wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
Jake McHale wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Wilson shitits version is at best crap.

Oh dear you are angry aren't you? Why?
I don't like lager, I sup real ale.
Do you get the jist of personal opinion now?

51The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 14:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never rated McCartney in particular. As a song writer he's the musical equivalent of Patience Strong.

52The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 15:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This thread is like asking which is better: Liam Trotter or Jay Spearing.

53The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 15:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spearing?

54The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 16:08

Ok, Nat:

Fear Of A Black Planet or Straight Outta Compton?

And I want three reasons to substantiate your answer.

(For me, PE shade it but only just.)

55The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 16:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Ok, Nat:

Take 'Fuck Tha Police' and the title track out of Straight Outta Compton and you've got a very weak album. Fear Of A Black Planet is full of crackers - so on a musical level it wins every time.

Lyrically NWA were one dimensional and obsessed with bitches and hoes. And while PE weren't above a bit of sexism they generally wrote fantastic lyrics with meaning.

Reason 3: Chuck D.

56The Beatles or The Stones? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beatles or The Stones? Tue Mar 24 2015, 17:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:Ok, Nat:

Take 'Fuck Tha Police' and the title track out of Straight Outta Compton and you've got a very weak album. Fear Of A Black Planet is full of crackers - so on a musical level it wins every time.

Lyrically NWA were one dimensional and obsessed with bitches and hoes. And while PE weren't above a bit of sexism they generally wrote fantastic lyrics with meaning.

Reason 3: Chuck D.

Saw PE at the Apollo in 1990 when they were doing FOABP stuff but can't remember if the album had been released in the UK at the time - it was there or thereabouts. Bunch of uppity kids from Moss Side in the concert all wanting to fight the power but ended up having a battle with some lads from Ardwick as I recall. I knew some of them from when they were little and when their dads let them in the Great Western or hanging round the blues at night and told them off for trying to be "gangstas". They listened and went home to my amazement. TBF I knew a lot of people in Moss Side in those days and they knew it.
Enjoyed the concert and the vibe (I was pretty caned TBF) and the fact they put on a show (not as impressive a show as e.g. the Tubes or the Alberto's used to serve up) but didn't buy the album as it's doesn't really float my boat and they went downhill from there. I guess I just have difficulty in relating to the plight of inner city Afro-Americans - being a middle class white English geyser of a certain age.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3