Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers v Burnley

+9
Banks of the Croal
karlypants
Hip Priest
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 18:43

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Why use the word 'debt' then Boggers?

42Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 18:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Why use the word 'debt' then Boggers?

Because it is a debt, technically. One that will be written off.

43Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 18:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:Why use the word 'debt' then Boggers?

Because it is a debt, technically. One that will be written off.
And how do you just "write off" a debt Boggers?  scratch

It's not like you borrowed 50 quid of your mum for that handbag and never paid her back is it!

44Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 19:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The 'debt' is owed to ED, the owner and supporter of the club. He's never going to call the debt in and it will die when he does.

45Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 19:08

Boggersbelief wrote:The 'debt' is owed to ED, the owner and supporter of the club. He's never going to call the debt in and it will die when he does.

Really....?

That's not my understanding of it.

I thought the debt was owed to Moonshift (or whatever they're called nowadays) and ED was only one of several people on its board of directors.

Hence all the continued speculation about what will happen when he snuffs it.

46Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 19:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nope. All owed to ed, I supose the only worry is that his family could call it in when he dies but I doubt he'll let that happen.

47Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 19:24

How does that work then, given that ED's personal wealth was never more than about £85m even when he was at his flushest when he flogged his kettle heater company?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just struggling to understand how he could personally lend the club £150m+ when he never had that sort of wedge in the first place.

scratch

48Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 19:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Plus he wouldn't be daft enough to put all his "eggs" in one basket either would he...

49Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 19:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've said it before and I will say it again, the only way we will survive as a club is to spend around £10-15 million (if we can pursuade one of the investors to part with that) to get us back into the prem where we have a really good chance of paying the debt off.

If not then we will end up like Portsmouth.

50Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 19:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need to do a Burnley. Get promoted, spend very little. Pay off some of the debts - and if we are lucky enough we could survive

51Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 19:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was worth 80 odd mill and the remaining amount is owed to him through his investments with moon shift. And with the relatively small remaining debt being owed to the banks I see no reason for us to worry

52Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 19:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We need to do a Burnley.  Get promoted, spend very little.  Pay off some of the debts - and if we are lucky enough we could survive
This is what I'm saying. Smile

53Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 20:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:He was worth 80 odd mill and the remaining amount is owed to him through his investments with moon shift. And with the relatively small remaining debt being owed to the banks I see no reason for us to worry
Are you in denial?

54Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 20:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:He was worth 80 odd mill and the remaining amount is owed to him through his investments with moon shift. And with the relatively small remaining debt being owed to the banks I see no reason for us to worry
Are you in denial?

I just know the facts

55Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 20:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it worries me i can tell you. He must have other backers and what happens if they suddenly decide to jump ship?

56Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 21:29

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
I just know the facts

One of the facts are that you've had to scale down spending over the last few seasons because of this non debt, which is nothing to worry about. 

I brought it up as a jokey response to Keegan's post and he took it as it was intended. 

I take no pleasure in the fact that Bolton have a massive non debt because it's always the fans who suffer and they are the ones who haven't caused it.

It may be nothing to be extremely worried about but a £172 odd million debt is not a good thing for a mid sized football club.

57Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 21:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nobody would ever plough in the huge amounts of money into the club, year upon year, upon year if they were at all worried that they would never get it back.

Moonshift is based in the Caribbean.

Now what sort of people would have millions of pounds of loose change hanging around every single year and have nowhere better to invest it than Bolton Wanderers financial black hole?

Answers on a postcard please.

58Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 22:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why would anyone worry about the debt? When did a league club last go out of business? 20-30 years ago?

We'll still be posting shite about BWFC in 50 years time.

59Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Wed Apr 01 2015, 22:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why would anyone worry about the debt? When did a league club last go out of business? 20-30 years ago?

We'll still be posting shite about BWFC in 50 years time.

Would you be happy if we started again right from the bottom?

60Bolton Wanderers v Burnley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers v Burnley Thu Apr 02 2015, 00:59

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He 'gets it' that's why he's loved.

He's not just a manager but a custodian of the club.

A class act.......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum