Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jim Murphy for Prime Minister

+2
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Empty Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Fri Mar 27 2015, 09:12

Yeah the scottish guy from last nights QT.  I only watched it because 1 - it was in bolton and 2 - I thought breadman might namecheck nuts.

But this guy was genuinely good on it and came across very well.  I know the atmosphere etc is a lot less intense on QT than it was on the debate before it, but i actually saw a glimmer of a personality that didn't seem to be forced/faked.

The tory with the bent nose was annoying.  the ukip guy was......well............ukip.  The welsh woman was a number maker upperer and JSP was just there to interupt and upset which she did very well.

What did everyone else think?

2Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Empty Re: Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Fri Mar 27 2015, 09:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought in the debate with Paxman that Miliband was very poor. Surely his advisors must have primed him on what questions he was likely to be asked?

3Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Empty Re: Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Fri Mar 27 2015, 10:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jim Murphy is a fucking tosser. 

Sanctimonious self serving prick of the highest order. 

Cunt.

4Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Empty Re: Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Fri Mar 27 2015, 11:00

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Jim Murphy is a fucking tosser. 

Sanctimonious self serving prick of the highest order. 

Cunt.
even more reason to like him Smile

5Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Empty Re: Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Fri Mar 27 2015, 11:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's about as popular in Scotland as aids.

6Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Empty Re: Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Fri Mar 27 2015, 11:13

just gets better

7Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Empty Re: Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Fri Mar 27 2015, 12:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stellar career TBF, but is a bit of a Tony Blair when it comes down to his actual politics, possibly right of centre and a bent for foreign intervention. He's held some very senior positions and certainly knows how to play the game. Didn't watch the show but I doubt Murphy would have even broken sweat dealing with Paxman. He may be hated in Scotland by some, but he's the former Minister of State and got into Parliament in the first place by taking a rock solid Tory "safe seat" so clearly some folk rate him.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if he threw his hat into the ring if Milliband gets the boot after the election.

8Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Empty Re: Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Fri Mar 27 2015, 12:27

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I prefer Jim Hacker.

9Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Empty Re: Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Fri Mar 27 2015, 13:17

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I agree with Y2J: Murphy was convincing despite being softly spoken, a welcome change from the loud-mouthed, jeering bullies at PM's Questions, a group of empty vessels that Janet Street-Porter seems to want to copy. 
Murphy even name-checked the Wanderers and reminded the nation of our recent past glories in Europe!
RT, you're way out of step with popular opinion about Milliband, who held his own despite some nasty personal barbs from Paxman. It was Cameron who had no answers to obvious questions about food banks, the mounting deficit and the richest in society.

As for the others on the QT panel, I really did not think that there could be a worse education secretary than the vile Gove, but Nicky Morgan just strikes me as a "bear of little brain" who simply supports whatever DC tells her to say without individual thought. She's been told to build bridges with teachers so undermined by the demoralising invective of Gove, but the same ridiculous syllabus that he enforced is still in place. I feel sorry for today's pupils who should be able to focus on preparation for finding a place in modern society but instead are forced, for example, to learn 15 poems by heart, because Gove did so back in the day. That will get teenagers a long way in the jobs market!

I wouldn't dream of voting UKIP but the representative here was one of the more palatable members of the party. Still very few policies to offer.

10Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Empty Re: Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Fri Mar 27 2015, 13:21

The UKIP bloke's half brother used to play for the Wanderers.

That's good enough for me.

Vote Kipper!

11Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Empty Re: Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Fri Mar 27 2015, 13:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:The UKIP bloke's half brother used to play for the Wanderers.

That's good enough for me.

Vote Kipper!
No appearances...no goals. Plays for Stockport now.

12Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Empty Re: Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Fri Mar 27 2015, 13:28

On that basis, I may now change my mind and vote for David Ngog instead.

At least he scored a couple......

13Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Empty Re: Jim Murphy for Prime Minister Fri Mar 27 2015, 14:08

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Didn't Jim Murphy also say something about a relative that played for us around the time of our adventure in Europe?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum