Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smack The Little Bastards

+10
scottjames30
rammywhite
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Norpig
okocha
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 17:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I notice  that you wen to the shop to but some twirls ,pepsi and mini eggs- but only slammed the money down for the twirls!
You thieving shoplifting sod.
You should have been thumped more as a kid and then you wouldn't be out thieving now!!

You nit-picking arsewipe. I did pay for everything but didn't realise I had to make that clear.

I was traumatised, you should show more compassion.

22Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 18:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When i was a kid we went for a gang fight with another rival on their estate, there were about 8 of us.
When we got there we was out numbered 3 or 4 to 1 so we were getting chased by a huge gang with bats and stuff, we all ran, split up , we didn't know the area as well as they did, i had about 6 or 7 after me, wanting to take me out, i jumped a fence, rolled over a hedge and landed streight through someones greenhouse, i think the guy in the garden wanted to plant one on my jaw right there, i managed to get away, just.
I learnt something that day, if you roll over a hedge, its better to stop rolling just before the edge.

23Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 18:44

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Question. Do you think the youth of today are more or less respectful than they were, say, 20 or 30 years ago?
There was a time when children were expected to be seen and not heard.

In school they were expected to listen and to "respect their elders and betters".
Now, however, they are encouraged to speak their minds and learn through participation rather than absorption. 
The trouble is that, given an inch, most youngsters (and adults!) will take a mile.  Inviting comment can lead to cheekiness.

Of course, corporal punishment is forbidden in schools but there is some truth in the old adage:" Spare the rod and spoil the child".
 Most old-timers often claim that they were smacked as children and "it never did me any harm".
I should be resentful that I was caned for throwing a snowball at a fellow-pupil who ducked and it broke a window.....but I really don't think I am

24Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 21:47

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Sorry to be "cliche" but all the evidence that violence only leads to more violence, not to mention psychological damage does kind of weigh heavily on me, especially towards children.

Question. Do you think the youth of today are more or less respectful than they were, say, 20 or 30 years ago?
As a matter of interest, given your supposed age, how do you know what youth was like 30 years ago?
This is another one of your bullshit fests!!!

25Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 21:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always did as I was told.Starting work at a young age also taught me the value of money.
And soot.
Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Childsweep2

26Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 22:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
As a matter of interest, given your supposed age, how do you know what youth was like 30 years ago?

:facepalm:

I talk to people and read books. Try it sometime you bellend.

27Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 23:05

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

My childhood memories are of my old man beating my mother unconscious ,breaking a broom handle on her head kicking her in the tits smashing her face in with a heavy kettle kicking me in the kidneys with his heavy brogues on and putting me off school for a week as I could'nt walk and trying to drown me in the kitchen sink I used to wet the bed with nerves on occasion which would ensure another hard time but worst of all fucking worst of all he died before I was big and strong enough to kill him.

28Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Sun Mar 29 2015, 23:07

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I was a good kid that did all I could for my mum,my old man just did'nt like me.

29Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Mon Mar 30 2015, 07:39

Or your mother, it would appear.......

30Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Mon Mar 30 2015, 09:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jake McHale wrote:My childhood memories are of my old man beating my mother unconscious ,breaking a broom handle on her head kicking her in the tits smashing her face in with a heavy kettle kicking me in the kidneys with his heavy brogues on and putting me off school for a week as I could'nt walk and trying to drown me in the kitchen sink I used to wet the bed with nerves on occasion which would ensure another hard time but worst of all fucking worst of all he died before I was big and strong enough to kill him.

Isn't this the plot from Hot Rod?

31Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Mon Mar 30 2015, 09:21

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

:facepalm:

I talk to people and read books. Try it sometime you bellend.

I've experienced it!!

32Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Mon Mar 30 2015, 10:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:

I've experienced it!!

I have no doubt, I suspect most people you come into contact with want to smack you.

7pm Whittam Towers if you want more.

33Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Mon Mar 30 2015, 10:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm in two minds about this issue. I suppose I was a naughty kid (although I saw it as being spirited) and I duly got whupped by my parents and attended a school where corporal punishment was the order of the day - and I got punished plenty from the age of 5. Wouldn't be surprised if I don't still hold the junior school record for the number of beatings in a week. It stopped when I grew up and could handle myself although I like to think it's because I was better behaved rather than the teachers bricking it.

I spanked my kids when they were naughty and sometimes it was emotional, perhaps out of my frustration at failing to understand why they did it.

I like to think they learned from it, but I can't disguise the fact that underneath everything else I feel guilty - perhaps because of the shift in societal values since then. Equally, I wonder if they'd be running round a-robbin' and a-shootin' nowadays if I hadn't disciplined them. Who knows?

34Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Mon Mar 30 2015, 11:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

" Spare the rod and spoil the child." ................. Cyril Smith 1978.

35Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Mon Mar 30 2015, 12:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:" Spare the rod and spoil the child." ................. Cyril Smith 1978.

I never rodded the kids - unlike Cyril apparently...

36Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Mon Mar 30 2015, 15:00

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

I've experienced it!!

I have no doubt, I suspect most people you come into contact with want to smack you.

I've experienced decent youf of today!
I have no requirement to get involved with violence, that's for children and folk that have lost the plot!
Was it only common assault you dished out or full grievous bodily?
Fancy losing control of yourself, you need a carer to keep you out of mischief.

37Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Mon Mar 30 2015, 15:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

I've experienced it!!

I've experienced decent youf of today!
I have no requirement to get involved with violence, that's for children and folk that have lost the plot!
Was it only common assault you dished out or full grievous bodily?
Fancy losing control of yourself, you need a carer to keep you out of mischief.

Nat could do with one of them "companion" dogs I reckon! :biggrin:

38Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Tue Mar 31 2015, 00:30

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Jake McHale wrote:My childhood memories are of my old man beating my mother unconscious ,breaking a broom handle on her head kicking her in the tits smashing her face in with a heavy kettle kicking me in the kidneys with his heavy brogues on and putting me off school for a week as I could'nt walk and trying to drown me in the kitchen sink I used to wet the bed with nerves on occasion which would ensure another hard time but worst of all fucking worst of all he died before I was big and strong enough to kill him.

Isn't this the plot from Hot Rod?
Go fuck a chainsaw.

39Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Tue Mar 31 2015, 01:56

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

y2johnny wrote:
Keegan wrote:Different strokes, Johnny. I had a beating or two as a child and I grew up to be respectful of others and their opinions. I would never call you a twat because I disagreed with you. Remember my culture is vastly different to yours so my view is bound to be different on topics such as these. Cheers.

For one i said you sound like one.

Two: beating children is wrong in any culture

I did see red and i apologise for calling you a teat what i meant was that what you wrote made you sound like one and id never seen that from you before.

At the end of the day time outs and naughty steps are designed for young children.  You said these didnt work and a smack would be better. Advocating smacking 2 to 5 year olds for things they dont fully understand is fucking ridiculous.  

Y2j: The original post mentioned a kid 13-14. I'm sure I don't know where you got the impression that I was advocating smacking 2-5 year old infants from. I know that in the US, 12-13 year olds and older are grounded or sent to their rooms as punishment - where they have their game consoles, smart phones and computers to enjoy. I really don't see the punishment there. Even the beatings I got as a child - few and far between as I was a sweet-natured and exceptionally well-behaved child - were never abusive. These admonishments reinforced the lessons in life I was being taught by my parents and are partly the reason for my being a sweet-natured and exceptionally well-behaved man. I hold no hard feelings against you for the strong language used and I would not tell any parent how to discipline their child. We each have our own path to walk and we do it in the best way we can. This story might interest you.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

40Smack The Little Bastards - Page 2 Empty Re: Smack The Little Bastards Tue Mar 31 2015, 09:02

i'll have a read later keegs.  the only reason i thouht you meant younger kids is you mentioned time out and naughty step.  which is what we use for, like i said, 2 - 5 year olds.

I must admit whilst the timeout/naughty step worked for my little lad, my little girl is still too young to know it is a punishment and just sits there swinging her legs.  And when her big brother gets sent to the step she goes and sits next to him.  She is going to be a little bugger compared to him.

The way i am doing it with my kids is making sure i spend quality time with them.  not just sitting in the same room while they play on the ipad and watch tv but actually going out and doing things.  my little lad has been playing rugby for almost two years now and swimming for the same.  My little girl will probably play rugby too.

We go on days out all the time and i am trying my best to get him into football as much as i was but i must admit the rugby meets are a lot more family oriented than the football and less cliquey.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum