Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hurrikane

+9
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
Boggersbelief
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

How good is Harry?

The Hurrikane Vote_lcap38%The Hurrikane Vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]
The Hurrikane Vote_lcap62%The Hurrikane Vote_rcap 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Hurrikane Empty The Hurrikane Mon Mar 30 2015, 22:41

Like everybody else I never rated him before this season, even now I wonder if he's just having one of those seasons where everything he hits goes in. 

How good do people on here think he is? He's getting raved about in the press (which means absolutely nothing) and he's never struck me as particularly gifted in terms of technique but he gets the job done and despite sounding thick as mince his link up play and movement are very intelligent. 

I was buzzing when he scored against Lithuania, he seems like a genuine guy who's living the dream. What do you lot think of him anyway? One hit wonder or the next Alan Shearer?

2The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Mon Mar 30 2015, 22:47

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm still not convinced about him, he doesn't have any stand out qualities, that I've seen. But Aslong as he's scoring a shed load that doesn't matter, I don't think he will ever score as many in a season again so we'll just see if everyone's raving about him this time next year

3The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 00:01

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Same as Bale. Disappears into the sunset and drops out of the frame but there's some games coming up so maybe he's the one who'll make the difference for now.

4The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 08:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:Same as Bale. Disappears into the sunset and drops out of the frame but there's some games coming up so maybe he's the one who'll make the difference for now.

Bale is a quality player, laughable that you would think otherwise.

Kane can finish so he'll always score goals, but I'd be surprised if he was the messiah people are making out.

5The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 08:51

He will lift the world cup as a winner

6The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 09:00

Rodney Marsh said his value is £100 million, no wonder he isn't on the telly anymore. 

Not seen Kane do anything that Micheal Ricketts couldn't do (apart from score for England).

7The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 09:07

Barb Dwyer wrote:Rodney Marsh said his value is £100 million, no wonder he isn't on the telly anymore. 

Not seen Kane do anything that Micheal Ricketts couldn't do (apart from score for England).
He can't stop scoring BD, 29 goals is it for the season, not including his well taken goal for england.

he reminds me of an old fashioned centre forward who gets in the right place at the right time.

if rooney, falcao and van persie are worth around 75 mill between them, then i'd say given harry's age he could quite easily be worth 60 to 70 mill already.

8The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 09:16

I wouldn't say Rooney, Van Persie and Falcao are worth 75 million combined Smile

That's the big problem with English players they have a good season and suddenly they are worth ridiculous money, same as Berahinho at West Brom.

Watched Germany under 21's last night, they had a striker who scored 2 and he plays in the German 2nd division. If he was English he would be on 80 grand a week and playing for Chelsea reserves.

9The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 09:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he will find it more of a struggle next season i think but i hope he carries on and does well, he seems like a normal bloke and hasn't turned into the typical rich arrogant footballer (at least not yet).

Not sure we will ever be world class but could be very important for England in the coming years.

10The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 09:31

Barb Dwyer wrote:I wouldn't say Rooney, Van Persie and Falcao are worth 75 million combined Smile

That's the big problem with English players they have a good season and suddenly they are worth ridiculous money, same as Berahinho at West Brom.

Watched Germany under 21's last night, they had a striker who scored 2 and he plays in the German 2nd division. If he was English he would be on 80 grand a week and playing for Chelsea reserves.

i wouldn't say they were worth that either, but people will pay it.  10-15 for RVP, rooney around 30 mill and same for falcao.

Kane has been consistent this season, be interesting to see if he can carry it on.  but going on form this season i can see a bright future for the lad.

11The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 09:33

Heard the other day that Sturrudge has had 14 injuries since joining Liverpool, works out at an injury 4 games, which is ridiculous isn't it?

Anyway think it shows Norpigs point about how important Kane will be for England in the coming years, world class or not.

12The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 09:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's having a great season for sure, but he's had a lot of "average" seasons until now so his career is definitely at a crossroads. Saw him play for Norwich a couple of seasons ago and he's improved no end since then in terms of his movement and finishing, but he's still fairly slow - even compared to top big strikers like Costa, Giroud, Djeko etc. and I suspect he'll get found out eventually. He seems to be finding space at the moment and maybe there's an element of defenders not concentrating on him as much as they would with a bigger name, but that will change if he keeps scoring.
I suspect that ultimately, he hasn't got the quality to stay at the very top, but we'll see.

13The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 10:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:He's having a great season for sure, but he's had a lot of "average" seasons until now so his career is definitely at a crossroads.

He's only 21. Shocked

14The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 10:47

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:He's having a great season for sure, but he's had a lot of "average" seasons until now so his career is definitely at a crossroads.

He's only 21. Shocked

That's right, he's passed it.  Very Happy

15The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 10:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Haha lusty on that troll shit again. 

Only watched him a few times but his work rate is superb. Don't think he's that gifted but I like his game a lot.

16The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 11:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Haha lusty on that troll shit again. 

Agreed. Sad to see a once disrespected member of the site stooping so low.

17The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 12:15

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doing the job - scoring goals, lets see if he keeps it up

18The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 12:55

Only 2 votes for legend! What's wrong with you people?

19The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 12:58

Have you developed a man crush on him, or what? Very Happy

20The Hurrikane Empty Re: The Hurrikane Tue Mar 31 2015, 13:00

bwfc1874 wrote:Only 2 votes for legend! What's wrong with you people?
Forgot to vote, sorry

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum