Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When do you see us challenging?

+9
doffcocker
bryan458
finlaymcdanger
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1When do you see us challenging? Empty When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 19:22

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Given today's reports of a possible takeover, or extra investment, how long are to suffer mediocre/crap football?.

For what it's worth I think Lennon knows his stuff, and has been dealt a cruel hand,, and with a few bob in transfer cash, could probably mount a top 6 challenge next season.

If it's all bollox about the takeover, then we can look no further than our current position or worse, as one poster on here has already stated there is a greed mentality that has bled us dry, that cancer needs to be removed, with investment, and a good business acumen, progression, and the removal of the nasty tumour the future could look bright.

2When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 19:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Getting rid of Liam Trotter would be a good start.

3When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 19:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I truly believe under NL, a few astute signings and with key players back for the start next season we will have a squad capable of top 6. Maybe even top 2

4When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 19:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just can't see that happening next season Boggers.

5When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 19:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never.

6When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 19:57

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Luckily I know what I'm talking about.

7When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 20:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Boggers.

8When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 20:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need a new team and millions of pounds spent before we even start to think about challenging.

Staying up should be the mindset until then.

9When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 20:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anything is possible in this league if you build the team spirit. Just look at burnley and Bournemouth.

10When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 20:10

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Anything is possible in this league if you build the team spirit. Just look at burnley and Bournemouth.

I just don't see this team ( slop ) having the fight, when things get tough they fake injuries.

11When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 20:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, some of the players in this team don't but players like Vela,  Clough, Walker, Clayton, Bogdan, Ream, Pratley and Mark Davies (if he can stay fit) have the right attitude. If lennon can add a big bastard to bully other teams and protect our flair players, a solid CB and a goalscorer then we will definitely challenge at this level.

12When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 20:21

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we keep most of them fit for 80% of the season, but look at our stats, they will not change.

We're cursed with injuries.

13When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 20:58

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

2 or 3 years at the earliest is my guess…

2015/16: 'the team needs time to gel after releasing and bringing so many players in too late to join us for pre-season training'.

2016/17: 'it is a great opportunity for Neil to take forward a club he played for, and loves, so we wish him well with Crewe Alexander next year'.

14When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 21:03

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I might be wrong Nat, but i get the feeling that you aint a Liam Trotter fan???

15When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 21:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:I might be wrong Nat, but i get the feeling that you aint a Liam Trotter fan???

One of the worst signings ever made.

16When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 22:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Simple answer, don't know.

You get the likes of Forest that spend a fortune on players and managers and never look improved from one year to the next, then you get a Burnley that somehow get promoted with a nobody manager and a team built on a shoestring.

I think the longest serving Championship club is Ipswich who got relegated about 15 years ago. Just gives you an indication of how long we could potentially be in this league. Then there's the likes of Leeds, Forest, Wolves, Wednesday, Sheff United - all bigger clubs than us - that have done time in League One as well.

It's a negative way of looking at it, but it beats being disappointed year after year.

17When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Sun Apr 12 2015, 22:31

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A consistent goalscorer or two very often make the difference.

18When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Mon Apr 13 2015, 14:02

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We can definitely challenge next season IF ......

1. Most of our players remain fit.
2. We don't start dead bottom again
3. Neil can bring in a two or three decent players
4. Fix our away form problem

I can't see why we are not a 6th place team if all that falls into place.

19When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Mon Apr 13 2015, 15:10

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I agree with Boggers and Nat. Resolve our injury, backbone and consistency issues and we are as good as any team in this league.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

20When do you see us challenging? Empty Re: When do you see us challenging? Mon Apr 13 2015, 18:11

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We're not a million miles away if we can add some width and another decent striker to the side, but if our lack of consistency goes on through next season we will be in this mediocre position for many years to come.

I think Lennon can easily sort the last minute goals out no problem, sadly with the lack of money I don't see many decent permanent signings being made in the summer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum