Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newspaper bull? - Bolton set Fee at £3.5 million for Mark Davies

+11
CEF
doffcocker
Lofty_Love
terenceanne
chipbutty
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Born to be a wanderer
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:The whole time I have been talking about his Bolton career, why would I talk about anything else? When we say Ngog is crap are we supposed to include his Liverpool career as well?

I suspect you just can't accept I am right, Okocha was ok but nowhere near a Bolton legend.

Whoa nat. JJ is the best player to ever pull on a Bolton shirt -and I saw frank Worthington. Believe me, no competition!!!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

All this talk about Mark Davies is all hypothetical, because when you think about it, Coyle will probably play him in the same role, which negates all a lot of his ski8lls.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Jay Jay could not nod on a hoofed ball or elbow an opponent in the face .....that's why SKD is a legend Evil or Very Mad
But seriously,,,, JJ was a good 'un in my opinion.
Good Ol Frankie Worthington shagged mi mates girlfriend back in the day.....he was a good 'un too.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

CEF wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:The whole time I have been talking about his Bolton career, why would I talk about anything else? When we say Ngog is crap are we supposed to include his Liverpool career as well?

I suspect you just can't accept I am right, Okocha was ok but nowhere near a Bolton legend.

Whoa nat. JJ is the best player to ever pull on a Bolton shirt -and I saw frank Worthington. Believe me, no competition!!!

Jay Jay wasnt a legend... Laughing

Maybe not in a Nat, Jussi or Super Kev sense.. but he was possibly the best player EVER to wear the shirt!

that free kick (the 2nd one) against villa almost gave me a semi!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:Jay Jay could not nod on a hoofed ball or elbow an opponent in the face .....that's why SKD is a legend Evil or Very Mad
But seriously,,,, JJ was a good 'un in my opinion.
Good Ol Frankie Worthington shagged mi mates girlfriend back in the day.....he was a good 'un too.

super kev is a legend becasue he's played his tits off for us for nearly 10 years...

also, the respect the fans give him is reciprocated...

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
CEF wrote:

Jay Jay wasnt a legend... Laughing

Maybe not in a Nat, Jussi or Super Kev sense.. but he was possibly the best player EVER to wear the shirt!

that free kick (the 2nd one) against villa almost gave me a semi!

The best player to ever wear a bolton shirt is Anelka IMO, though Okocha runs him very close.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm starting to get a little worried now. I know it's all speculation and I shouldn't pay it any attention, but the only minor consolation for getting relegated was the prospect of building a young team around Holden and clearing out some of the high earning older players. So far all I've heard of is talk of younger players moving on and nothing about the older ones.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am deeply concerned that the club are opening contract talks with Zat Knight, very very worrying.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:I'm starting to get a little worried now. I know it's all speculation and I shouldn't pay it any attention, but the only minor consolation for getting relegated was the prospect of building a young team around Holden and clearing out some of the high earning older players. So far all I've heard of is talk of younger players moving on and nothing about the older ones.

?

we have had 6 older players leave and as of yet no younger players who are in the first team squad have left.

The only older players left are SKD (who will try harder than anyone else to get us promoted + on a far reduced wage), Petrov (one of the best performers last season), Mears (whos wage will be small anyway) and possibly Knight.

Knight is the only person I would like to leave from our current squad. I also think Knight would have likely gone already if Wheater hadn't got injured. (or the fact that Megson splashed out 5 mill on him might be making Gartside unwilling to let him go free)

The only rumours so far of our youngsters leaving have been for Mark D and Coyle has come out and said hes not looking to sell him.

So personally I think Coyle is doing as promised, getting rid of the old, over paid players, and bringing in younger ones.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oh yeh and Jussi, but it isn't unusual for a club to have a old experienced keeper so I don't think Jussi can really be included in the lowering the squad age project. Keepers don't have the same career age range as outfield players

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I would have no issues with Jussi and Zat both continuing their careers elsewhere. I rate Jussi - I just don't see him as the future of our goalkeeping.

JJ is the most talented player to ever wear the Bolton shirt in my humble opinion. His demise started in earnest when Big Sam made Nolan captain and they started to remake him.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum