Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jordan Rhodes Would be a fantastic Capture him n Sordell

+7
xmiles
bwfc71
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Born to be a wanderer
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Quite a few premier leauge teams in for him but apparantley he would prefer a team where he would get regular football that are challenging for the Premier.If Coyle being a jock could pull it off (id forgive him for being such a tactically inept wanker)But not if he signs Zat Shyte up for another year.Would be great to see Rhodes n Sordell next year.Question Greg Wylde will be a mate of Rhodes Scotland u21;s although Rhodes as got a full cap now.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But he'd cost about £8m.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Probably be 4million plus add ons,Goals scored,if we win promotion.Id say £6 million with add ons.Rolling Eyes

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're not going to be getting Rhodes.

Time to move on i think.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rivaldo.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Even if we got him does anyone else think Coyle would actually play him?

He'd be sat on the bench with Sordell as Coyle goes with Kevin Davies and Ngog up front - for the first 32 matches or so until he realises his system isn't working.

It will just be Deja vu all over again!

You heard it here first!

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Even if we got him does anyone else think Coyle would actually play him?

He'd be sat on the bench with Sordell as Coyle goes with Kevin Davies and Ngog up front - for the first 32 matches or so until he realises his system isn't working.

It will just be Deja vu all over again!

You heard it here first!

Totally agree with you, Sluffy. After what we have experienced this last season - any newcomers to the club with be ineffectively used until it could be possibly too late.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes because that's what happened with Ngog, Ream, Eagles, Ryo, Pratley and Reo-Coker all last season isn't it.

Wonder why Sordell didn't get more game time? Surely an appearance related payment to Watford is the most likely explanation. If that was the case then it represents a pretty dumb move by Gartside, Coyle or whoever did it.

The only other explanation is that Coyle didn't rate how he performed in training, which is even more worrying.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He was signed to replace Klasnic.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol not this again.

though i understand these game based payments exist what club would agree to a minute based one which kicked in after 40 minutes?

I'll tell you, none.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:lol not this again.

though i understand these game based payments exist what club would agree to a minute based one which kicked in after 40 minutes?

I'll tell you, none.

Obviously none are going to kick in after a certain number of minutes, that's just ridiculous, but after a certain number of APPEARANCES is completely plausible, even as low as 5 for instance.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Possibly, maybe they are that nuanced. I assumed anything like that would be starts.

Even if it was the case i would be stunned if the club would put their premiership standing in jeopardy to save what is usually a small fee.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We get relegated = £30 million less income

Sordell scores the goals that keep us up and we pay say an extra say £2 million in transfer fee.

This buying him for next season simply does not stack up.

Coyle didn't play him for reasons known unto Coyle himself.

To be honest it would have made much more sense to have used the £3.5 million we paid for Sordell on somebody who could have come in and strengthened our team in our fight against relegation - just about any midfielder with two good legs would have fitted that criteria.

Yet we spend it on a player who never played for the last half of the season - it's just madness.

I'd be surprised too if it was an unwillingness to pay an appearance fee, but I'd prefer it be that than Coyle not thinking he was good enough or ready having spent money on him.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Quite a few premier leauge teams in for him but apparantley he would prefer a team where he would get regular football that are challenging for the Premier.If Coyle being a jock could pull it off (id forgive him for being such a tactically inept wanker)But not if he signs Zat Shyte up for another year.Would be great to see Rhodes n Sordell next year.Question Greg Wylde will be a mate of Rhodes Scotland u21;s although Rhodes as got a full cap now.

I've highlighted the two main problems with your wish (apart from the fact that Rhodes won't be coming here anyway):

1. what makes you think Coyle would play him because
2. we still haven't seen Sordell!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

How much longer are people going to be complaining about Sordell not being picked for? Get over it. The season's ended.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

largehat wrote:How much longer are people going to be complaining about Sordell not being picked for? Get over it. The season's ended.

In your desire to say "get over it" you are missing the point. Even if Rhodes did join us we have no guarantee that Coyle would start him and even less guarantee that both Rhodes and Sordell would start together.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There's no guarantee anyone will start.

If we were to get Rhodes (which we won't, not a cat in hell's chance), we'd have absolutely broken the bank to sign him, of course he would start.

We should have 4 strikers in the first team squad at the start of the new season, of course they won't all start every game.

It's a bit silly to say that because Coyle didn't start Sordell, for reasons that aren't, admittedly, particular clear, if we do sign another striker, they won't start either. People are just coming out with this out of frustration at not seeing Sordell.

It was the same back in September; "why isn't he playing Ngog?", He picks the team, he can pick who he likes for whatever reason he likes, I'm not defending all his selections or tactics or signings, but I am hoping we don't have two more months of "why didn't Sordell start?"

I do know one thing though: people who say we signed him to play in the Championship are talking absolute effing bollocks.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

largehat wrote:
I do know one thing though: people who say we signed him to play in the Championship are talking absolute effing bollocks.

That's something we can agree on. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum