Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

the excited about next season thread

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Anyway. ....back in reality. .....some good transfer gossip today. All looking positive Smile

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm excited about next season. It hasn't been since the pre-Allardyce years that we've gone into a season with no transfer budget to speak of and the challenge of putting together a team on a shoestring.
Rioch succeeded by superb scouting in the less obvious places and although Lennon has been forced into trying to emulate the great man, he seems to have an appetite for it and may just do it with a bit of luck and some fancy talking.
I'm not saying having no budget is a good thing, but it does feel "honest" and nobody can accuse us of buying success by throwing money at the problem which is a criticism that could have been levelled at us since the millenium.
Starting to feel like the good old days and maybe the next white hot years are just around the corner...

wanderlust wrote:I'm excited about next season. It hasn't been since the pre-Allardyce years that we've gone into a season with no transfer budget to speak of and the challenge of putting together a team on a shoestring.
Rioch succeeded by superb scouting in the less obvious places and although Lennon has been forced into trying to emulate the great man, he seems to have an appetite for it and may just do it with a bit of luck and some fancy talking.
I'm not saying having no budget is a good thing, but it does feel "honest" and nobody can accuse us of buying success by throwing money at the problem which is a criticism that could have been levelled at us since the millenium.
Starting to feel like the good old days and maybe the next white hot years are just around the corner...

Definitely this. Great post lusty

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The squad is shaping up to be leaner, meaner, younger and hungrier than I can remember it being. With a little luck and some enthusiasm, I see us doing some damage in the league this year. A full back or two and another striker and goalie and we could have a good year!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am extremely excited about the new season, mainly because it could go either way. We could be awesome or really shit.

I can't understand people being negative, because even if we lose every game it still won't come close to the utter guff we witnessed under Dougie.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I am extremely excited about the new season, mainly because it could go either way. We could be awesome or really shit.

I can't understand people being negative, because even if we lose every game it still won't come close to the utter guff we witnessed under Dougie.

I can't understand people being negative because we haven't finished signing players (hopefully) or seen how the squad will shape up yet so who knows what's in store?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum