Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next Season - A Positive Thread!

+8
Quent
xmiles
Spillthebeans
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 11:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We got relegated on Sunday. That’s a bugger. But life goes on so it’s time to embrace the Npower Championship.

Who are you looking forward to playing? Any grounds you’re particularly keen to visit? And who will be the teams to beat?

There are some big clubs in the Championship next season – Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester, Wolves, Blackburn, Notts Forest, Boro, Leeds, Birmingham, Derby and maybe West Ham. It really will be tough to finish above all of them. I fancy Leicester will be strong and I suspect Wolves will keep the majority of their players, including a fit again Jamie O’Hara who will be excellent at that level.

One thing I am looking forward to is going into every game expecting to win, hoping to fluke a point here and there does become tiresome after 11 years. If we could get rid of the deadwood and Coyle could find a leader on the pitch there is a chance relegation could be a positive thing in the longrun.

I’m going to be positive. Join me.

2Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 11:41

I was gutted when we went down, but I actually feel next season could be really exciting. If Holden is fit and Sordell can get going we could see some great entertainment at The Reebok. There are some big teams in the division, but no one we should fear. We need to find our home form and take it from there.

3Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 11:57

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We got relegated on Sunday. That’s a bugger. But life goes on so it’s time to embrace the Npower Championship.

are you going to 'embrace' the championship yourself or refuse to watch them?

I myself have renewed my season ticket already, id rather have a strop in the ground than not ... Laughing

4Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 12:03

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Already made a bet with a friend of mine, over here, as he is a Palace fan that we will take all 6 points off them next season.

Also won't be drinking as much as won't be on Television as much - unless its one of the Al-Jazeera stations, which keeps freezing and losing pictures. Otherwise its Jeff Stelling and co for Soccer Saturday, and possibly Tower FM!!!

Another mate is a Wednesday fan, and he is already announced he will try to get flights over from LA to UK to watch the matches between us, when fixtures are announced in a few weeks.

The continuing melodrama of Bolton haters mock mocking of Bolton - we all know its Phil Gartside!

5Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 12:05

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Also looking forward to what sponsors we get for the back of the shirts and the back of the shorts. But please, just to make sure we do get TV appearnces each week can we have "The Nipple Shop" as our main shirt sponsor next season?

6Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 12:08

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:Also looking forward to what sponsors we get for the back of the shirts and the back of the shorts. But please, just to make sure we do get TV appearnces each week can we have "The Nipple Shop" as our main shirt sponsor next season?

we all know Carrs Pasties will be poised to snap up the shirt sponsorship rights... Laughing

7Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 12:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Also looking forward to what sponsors we get for the back of the shirts and the back of the shorts. But please, just to make sure we do get TV appearnces each week can we have "The Nipple Shop" as our main shirt sponsor next season?

we all know Carrs Pasties will be poised to snap up the shirt sponsorship rights... Laughing

So they will be sponsoring the back of the shorts then....... Wink

8Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 12:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are plenty of northern teams in the Championship. It beats travelling all the way to London.

9Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 12:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm looking forward to next season to be honest, as I have said on other threads it's a refreshing change going to new away grounds instead of going to OT and Anfield every week knowing we won't get sod all.

Going to renew my season ticket tonight online.

10Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 12:36

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm looking forward to next season to be honest, as I have said on other threads it's a refreshing change going to new away grounds instead of going to OT and Anfield every week knowing we won't get sod all.

im looking forward to it in that sense too, but its seeing players walk away, the cuts, the realisation that half your fan-base is only there becasue your in the prem and worrying about if we will make the play offs, end up in league 1 or complete a 100+ points season as champions...like we did in 96...

Its my own bloody fault for being a Bolton boy and believing you should support your local team. although i suppose I could have been born somewhere like Torquay or Chester... or worse, been a dingle! or a manc scum pig

11Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 12:40

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm looking forward to next season to be honest, as I have said on other threads it's a refreshing change going to new away grounds instead of going to OT and Anfield every week knowing we won't get sod all.

im looking forward to it in that sense too, but its seeing players walk away, the cuts, the realisation that half your fan-base is only there becasue your in the prem and worrying about if we will make the play offs, end up in league 1 or complete a 100+ points season as champions...like we did in 96...

Its my own bloody fault for being a Bolton boy and believing you should support your local team. although i suppose I could have been born somewhere like Torquay or Chester... or worse, been a dingle! or a manc scum pig

Can't say i'm looking forward to seeing a half empty reebok every week next season either, we will see who the real die hards are come August.

Just watch the numbers come back if we start doing well in the league and about a sudden rise in 10.000 fans if we get to a play off final.

I'd rather go watch Non league football than a manc fan or even worse a scouse red! Sad

12Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 13:09

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

for the first time in a few years I am looking forward to the new season, think we should see some cracking games without wondering how many the big boys are going to thump us by

13Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 14:40

Rovers will come back stronger, if we keep the Yak he's good for 30 goals at championship level. Leicester will spend big again, they may finish behind us. Bolton will struggle to stay up.

14Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 14:46

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton Hater wrote:Rovers will come back stronger, if we keep the Yak he's good for 30 goals at championship level. Leicester will spend big again, they may finish behind us. Bolton will struggle to stay up.

you really should stop injecting heroin...it clouds your judgement. Laughing

15Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 14:51

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

OK I will try being positive but I reserve the right to revert to being a miserable pessimist if we are not in the top 8 after 10 games.

16Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 15:07

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Bolton Hater wrote:Rovers will come back stronger, if we keep the Yak he's good for 30 goals at championship level. Leicester will spend big again, they may finish behind us. Bolton will struggle to stay up.

But he does make a valid point about struggling to stay up whilst we keep 1 dimensional Coyle. But Rovers will struggle even more than us all due to the way Venky's run the club!

17Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 15:12

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

But he does make a valid point about struggling to stay up whilst we keep 1 dimensional Coyle. But Rovers will struggle even more than us all due to the way Venky's run the club!

we are in agreement that he should stop injecting heroin though?

18Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 15:59

I think Leicester, Wolves and Blackpool/West Ham will be our biggest competition next year. If we can hold on to Lee, Holden and Ream, and develop Vela, Riley, Mark Davies and Sordell, then I think our first team should be good enough next year. Retain Jussi, Ricketts, SKD and Petrov if they're willing to take big pay cuts. Chuck the rest, especially Reo-Coker and Zat Knight, the classless twats.

Blackburn will only be a threat if they can hold on to Yakubu and NZonzi, which they won't. If they retain Kean, I'm sure they'll be no threat whatsoever, the mans a moron.

19Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 16:05

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

we are in agreement that he should stop injecting heroin though?

yep!Very Happy

20Next Season - A Positive Thread! Empty Re: Next Season - A Positive Thread! Tue May 15 2012, 16:09

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

bwfc1874 wrote:I think Leicester, Wolves and Blackpool/West Ham will be our biggest competition next year. If we can hold on to Lee, Holden and Ream, and develop Vela, Riley, Mark Davies and Sordell, then I think our first team should be good enough next year. Retain Jussi, Ricketts, SKD and Petrov if they're willing to take big pay cuts. Chuck the rest, especially Reo-Coker and Zat Knight, the classless twats.

This. Good post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum