Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marc Iles answers your Wanderers questions from the pre-season tour in Austria

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

WOOHOO he answered one Smile

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Marc Iles wrote:" Not decided. There's a nice Japanese restaurant over the road... might give it a whirl. "

cheers

who was that one?  mine was the jussi one

i'm on a roll, he is answering another one of mine.  god i'm bored Smile

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:who was that one?  mine was the jussi one

Neil honey Bonnar ‏@bwfc1996

karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:who was that one?  mine was the jussi one

Neil honey Bonnar ‏@bwfc1996  
was that you?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just reading through the comments now - some imaginative names being used!

OriginalAngryDad wrote:Evening Marc.

There's a rumour doing the rounds that Darren Pratley's going to be given the captain's armband for the forthcoming season.

One particular individual's credibility is at stake on a certain Bolton Forum (that you'd have to be Nuts not to love) regarding this issue, so any light you can shed on the subject would be appreciated.

OriginalAngryDad wrote:Cheers for your reply to my earlier question regarding Pratley, Marc.

And now to more important stuff - Can you get decent Puddin' & Chips over there or is it all Schnitzel and Viennese Whirls?

What are you having for your tea tonight?

BAisPANTS wrote:Hi again Marc

Have you ever visited Magoo's hot tub emporium in devon?

Smile

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here are some of Marc Q&As

danielmay30 says: hi marc, havent seen neil danns at all on any of the videos, is he fit?
Marc: He's back in the UK, I understand. Trying to sort out exactly why but players and staff have been on day off today, so hasn't been easy to get answers.

cypry says: Good Evening Marc, question on everyone's mind is Leicester and NL. Any runbles? Also the return if Kevin Nolan is rumoured especially on sky sports, any truth in that, Medo looking very very trim is he ok?
Marc: Neil hasn't been contacted by Leicester, as of a few minutes ago.
Kevin Nolan is too expensive for the club right now. I know he'd like to come back to the North West but realistically, it isn't going to happen. And Medo is perfectly fine.

Andy.vickers80 says:
Bolton Need two things to happen!!
1- INVESTMENT, we need money to make it back to the premiership- do you think this squad can do it without extra investment?
2- STRIKERS!- are the strikers we have in the squad good enough to score 20----30----or 40 goals between them! Or do you think we need a big hitter to come in?!
Marc: 1 - Yep, agree entirely. This squad isn't good enough - in my opinion - to challenge for the top six right now.
2 - Need a big hitter. I think Gary Madine can be an asset this season and he's certainly looking sharp. But can he be a 20-goal-a-season guy? History suggests probably not.

Dng191 says: Marc ...I'm interested to learn if you've noticed any significant differences in the methods or techniques used at the Austrian NL training camp compared to the DF version last summer?...how's the mood amongst players and staff ? many thanks Dunc
Marc: The methods are different. You could tell Dougie wanted his side to sit back and break fast whereas Neil wants his side on the front foot. He doesn't want any undue messing around on the ball.
The mood among staff is fine - as you'd expect, they know each other well - but the players are still getting there. Not a bad mood, by any stretch, but there has been so much change in the past couple of years it does take time to forge a proper bond. Trips like this really help.

barry.young100 says: Hi Mark, After seeing almost a week of pre-season training, What do you think of the squad to date?
We seem to have a lot of youngsters in Austria and I wonder if they are all up to a full season in the Championship.
I hope NL, can sign a few more experienced players but without any cash to spend, I fear for the quality of signings. Of course there is always a gem out there for little money but can Neil tempt them to play for us with the wages that we can afford to pay?
Marc: The squad needs improving, no doubt.
I think there is a real need for another striker, and a right-sided defender, whether that be a wing-back or an out-and-out full-back.
Neil knows what he's up against. It isn't easy but I'd back him to be a success.

BoltonNuts says: Hello Marc - Have we tried to sign ALF on loan at all?
Marc: No. Cardiff want to sell. I've read stories saying £1million - and at present that's out of the question.

Ricko44 says: Hi Marc... Given the lack of a senior right back/good left back on the squad do you think Lennon will need to promote youngsters eg. White/Kellet or does he have a signing in mind?
Marc: Depends on the finances. I'm interested to see how Kellett fares in particular - but I'd be surprised if he doesn't try to get some experience in.
Ryan Taylor is an option, albeit one that would require some investment.

superamoras1874 says: If the club are so skint why are we offering 3 and 4 year contracts to players? The club appears to be very much looking at raising short term funds to keep things upright - selling car parks, selling players for small fees - so why the longer term contracts when revenues will fall off a cliff at the end of next season when the parachute money stops?
Marc: Accept your point - but to sign the players you want, surely you'd be limiting yourself if you only offered one year deals? That'd be the Blackpool way.
I think given what the accounts showed us today, the hope is that outside investment will carry the club on from here.

Benwanderers says: What has happened to the suggestion of Barry Bannan extending his loan?
Marc: I understand it was too expensive.

OriginalAngryDad says: Evening Marc.
There's a rumour doing the rounds that Darren Pratley's going to be given the captain's armband for the forthcoming season.
One particular individual's credibility is at stake on a certain Bolton Forum (that you'd have to be Nuts not to love) regarding this issue, so any light you can shed on the subject would be appreciated.
Marc: Have asked about the captaincy and Neil Lennon has not made a decision, is the short answer.
I'd like to see Prats as captain - but he did turn it down last season.
My gut feeling is that he wants to do his own thing, and concentrate on his own game. But I've been wrong before!

i confess to being BAisPANTS

Smile

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Doran: Is Lennon in the market for another keeper? Does Lennon see Fitzsimons as ready to be backup GK?

Marc: Yes, I think Neil will get another senior keeper in.
The rumour about Chris Kirkland was denied from within the club last week - but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him at training when we get back.

Richard Atherton: How involved are Spearing and Medo over in Austria. Do they look like they're getting another chance

Marc: They're right in the thick of it, especially Jay.
I don't think both of them will stay - but my money at the moment is on Spearing. He looks very hungry and I'd (personally) like to see him given another go.

Matt: who do u think will be the captain this season? Ream? Wheater? Or a new signing?

Marc: This was actually a topic of conversation at lunch.
My choice would be Spearing - assuming he gets back in the team.
Ream would be a valid one, as would Wheats - assuming he can get over those fitness issues.
Other than Jay, though, I don't think there is anyone you'd say is a 'natural' captain.

Jake Hayes: How long have you been bald?

Marc: Shaved my head the week after I got married, so 11ish years.

Ian Watson: Are the players aware of the Eddie story?

Marc: Oh Yes

Jack Walker: do you think Bolton have to potential to scrape a promotion push of any sorts? Or is it too optimistic and relegation is dooming?

Marc: It's easy to get doom and gloom. If - and it's an if - Bolton keep their best 11 together, they are as good as most teams in the Championship, for my money. More so, if they could sign another striker.
If not, Bolton have got one of the canniest managers around. Enjoy it. I'm sure in days to come we'll be looking back on these 'dark days' and laughing.

Graham Down: if you could sign 1 Ex player from the last 15 years who would you bring back Marc & why?

Marc: Hi Graham,
Blumming heck, great question.
Torn between Gary Cahill - who was just a pleasure to work with - and Kevin Davies in his absolute pomp. I'd go for Anelka but not sure he'd have liked the Championship.

Will Jones: is there anything in the Ryan Taylor story?

Marc: Yes, I'm led to believe there have been talks. Again, finances come into play. But people close to Taylor say he'd like to return to the North West and he's the kind of character I think Neil Lennon would really like at the club.
Wait and see...

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Joshua Dunlop: how is Gary madine performing in training? He doesn't seem to be bothered in the past. Any thoughts?

Marc: Seen a little bit of him in training and he looked good.
Surely if any club can claim to be a saviour of lost souls it's Bolton Wanderers. The lad has impressed me with the interviews he gave last season, when the pressure was really on him, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do

Vital Bolton: would I be right in thinking that Jordan Lussey has signed with us? If so, how long for?

Marc: Honestly, don't know. Will check. But yes - He's signed.

Daniel Mee: Do you think Dean Moxey or Tim Ream will be first choice left back for this season? Will Tim Ream be played more centrally? Thanks

Marc: I think Tim will be used in a back three.
Dean Moxey impressed me at the end of last season. I've always rated him - but for some reason it didn't work out at the start of his Bolton career. Hopefully a new system will suit him.

Neil honey Bonnar: what are you having for tea

Marc: Not decided. There's a nice Japanese restaurant over the road... might give it a whirl.

BAisPANTS says: could Jussi be in the pipeline as our back up keeper?

Marc: No - I'm told not.

NEsteevo says: If a million for Alf is right that is a bargain! Fingers crossed for some investment, be great to have him back, much needed and he already knows the club

Marc: I agree. Alfie was a really good guy to work with last season and he's got 20 goals a season written all over him.

BAisPANTS says: What can you tell us about jon ceberio, pretty please

Marc: Midfielder. Came through at Real Sociedad and played for their feeder club.
Tall lad, good on the ball.
Not a lot else.

Carl Boydell: any news on @EmileHeskeyUK contract? How's @RobHall46 looking, will he feature this season or do you think he will be shipped out

Marc: Emile still waiting for an offer. All been put on hold - but he's training like a demon. Have utmost respect for the fella.
Rob has been right in the thick of it here too. He's a talented lad - but whether he suits the manager's plans, I have doubts.

Neil honey Bonnar: does neil bonnar like honey

Marc: Yes, I think he does. Keeps hayfever away, apparently, but it's never worked for me.

Steven Battersby: Tom Eaves is neither over in Austria, , nor is he in the Bolton XI teams playing friendlies over here. Do you know if he has left?

Marc: I'm told Tom has an injury he's trying to sort out. After that, I'd imagine he's looking to move on, either permanently or on loan.
For the record, though, I think if he can get over his growing pains, he'll be a good player down the line.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Many thanks for posting all the tweets up BTID.

Sluffy wrote:Many thanks for posting all the tweets up BTID.
surprised you didn't try to do some promotion of the site last night sluffy.  although calling BA PANTS isn't exactly promotion for us  Smile

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So he pretty much knows nothing then.

finlaymcdanger wrote:So he pretty much knows nothing then.
no, but he will look into everything and not come back to us Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum