Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lennon urges his side to keep battling after draw with Derby

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon has told his players: Battle like you did against Derby County and the Wanderers fans will back you to the hilt.

Buoyed by a strong performance on Saturday, the Whites boss wants no let up from his side when they host League One Burton Albion in the Capital One Cup tomorrow.

A bumper home crowd went home happy from the Macron after a 0-0 draw in which Lennon’s side hit the woodwork three times.

And the manager is eager to build on a positive start to the season as quickly as he can.

“I’ve got to say I loved the atmosphere in the ground, I absolutely loved it,” he told The Bolton News. “Even if we’d been beaten – although that would have put a dampener on things – I’d still have enjoyed it.

“We’ve seen glimpses of it before but I said to the players after the game ‘there you are – it’s there for you, they’ll come and they’ll get behind you.’

“Derby’s support added to that too, I think the whole afternoon showed what this place is about.

“It all worked quite well but this can’t be a false dawn. We’ve got to pick ourselves up and go again for Burton, then another formidable opposition in this league, Middlesbrough.

“I don’t want to start making bold predictions but we’ve had a good pre-season and if we can keep players fit then we’ve got a shot.

“We’ve not got the strength in depth that sides like Derby have. They bring on an international in Hendrick or a £2.5million man in Weimann, I’m bringing on a 97-year-old striker in Heskey.

“But we’re still looking to add in a couple of areas. I think we’re still short in one or two and that could really help us with where we want to be.”

Lennon has said he will take the club’s first-ever meeting with Burton very seriously and resist the temptation to make too many changes to the squad.

“I want to progress in the cup,” he said. “We’ll see how the players are, whether any of them got any bumps or bruises but I wouldn’t want to over-change it.”

Tim Ream will almost certainly miss out, however, with Lennon revealing the defender could be out of action for at least another week.

“For a dead leg you’d think it shouldn’t be that serious but to look at it, it’s horrific,” he said. “It’s like an orange that has been squashed, the muscle.

“It shouldn’t be anything longer term, it’s just a case of it healing now.

“There was a lot of blood in there, and it’s taken longer than maybe some injuries of that type would to heal.”

Source

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Won't be many tomorrow Neil but should be a hostile atmosphere for the Forest game.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum