Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

League Cup Action: Bolton 0-1 Burton Albion (R1)

+12
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
Jack Russell
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
wessy
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
boltonbonce
karlypants
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our next game is round 1 of the Capital One Cup against Burton Albion on Tuesday evening.

These two teams have never played each other in a competitive competition.

Neil Lennon has stated that he wants a good cup run so he will be up for it.

Is it going to be a walk in the park?

My prediction: Bolton 2-0 Burton Albion

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Aug 11 2015, 21:54; edited 1 time in total

6-0

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope we don't score too many.
I've got a charity thing going at work where I donate 50p a goal throughout the season.
I want us to succeed,but I'd like to remain solvent. Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could be a banana skin, but we should win. Jimmy Floyd has done a good job at Burton and following promotion they beat Scunny at the weekend so they won't just roll over for us. Good opportunity to get match fitness and perhaps experiment a little with fringe players?

wanderlust wrote:perhaps experiment a little with fringe players?
Kinky

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They'll give it a good go but quality will shine through. 3-0 win

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:They'll give it a good go but quality will shine through.

I agree, 2-1 to Burton.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:They'll give it a good go but quality will shine through.

I agree, 2-1 to Burton.
You're just becoming even more so of a caricature of what you once were.

Shame

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
You're just becoming even more so of a caricature of what you once were.

Shame

I don't think you understand what a caricature is. Shame.

Still, we're all desperate to hear about your day at work.

Why don't we all calm down a bit before this escalates into something unpleasant, eh?

The season's only two days old so there's plenty of time for trying to kill each other later on towards Christmas when Lennon's bailed and we've only got about twelve points......

Breadman wrote:Why don't we all calm down a bit before this escalates into something unpleasant, eh?

The season's only two days old so there's plenty of time for trying to kill each other later on towards Christmas when Lennon's bailed and we've only got about twelve points......

It's ok. She's in full on cunt mode.

The forum would be better if it was just nat posting and the odd poster saying how great she is.

In her world.

I can't be arsed to tell you the truth. I'll so fucking boring you all

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

5-0.

Easy game .

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Richard Clark to oversee Burton cup clash

Richard Clark will take charge of Wanderers’ Capital One Cup first round tie against Burton Albion on Tuesday night.

The Northumberland based official, who took charge of his first Football League fixture in 2012, has overseen one Bolton game in the past – a 3-0 victory over Doncaster Rovers at Macron Stadium in December 2013.

In 28 games last term, Clark dished out 89 yellow cards and six reds throughout the entire campaign.

Steven Copeland and Danny Gratton will run the line, while Danny Coote is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton v Burton Albion

SETTING THE SCENE
Having opened their Sky Bet Championship campaign with a 0-0 draw against Derby County, Bolton Wanderers face the Rams’ local rivals Burton Albion in the first round of the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night.

Unbeaten in five games, the Whites will be keen to replicate their cup success from last season having enjoyed visits to Stamford Bridge and Anfield, while manager Neil Lennon also has fond memories of the competition having won it twice as a player.

Meanwhile League One new-boys Burton, who last tasted defeat in February, travel to Macron Stadium having won their first ever match in the third tier against Scunthorpe United on Saturday.

Led by former Chelsea striker Jimmy Floyd-Hasslebaink, the Brewers are no strangers to cup upsets after knocking out both Wigan Athletic and Queens Park Rangers last season.

TEAM NEWS
Jay Spearing will definitely miss Tuesday night’s game against Burton as he serves a one-match suspension, while captain Darren Pratley will be assessed after picking up an ankle ligament strain against Derby County.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tom Walker is available having sat out the end of pre-season through injury, but Tim Ream remains out with a dead leg.

Max Clayton remains a few weeks away from a first team return, while Derik Osede and David Wheater are both still unavailable.

LAST BURTON XI (v Scunthorpe United, W2-1)
Matthews, Edwards, Mousinho, Cansdell-Sherriff, McCrory, Akins, Naylor, Weir, El Khayati (Binnom-Williams 74), Duffy (Palmer 81), Beavon, Thiele 87).

ONE TO WATCH
Burton Albion’s Player of the Year last season, Stuart Beavon will be keen to replicate that form in League One having previously stood out in the third tier for both Wycombe Wanderers and Preston North End.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Initially signing on loan from the Lilywhites, the 31-year-old scored the winner on his home debut as Burton knocked then-Championship side Wigan Athletic out of the Capital One Cup, with his move to the Pirelli Stadium swiftly being made permanent at the end of August.

Starting his career in non-league with stints at Ardley, Wallingford, Didcot Town and Weymouth, Beavon broke into the Football League during the second half of the 2008/09 season after joining Wycombe initially on loan as they won promotion to League One.

Making the move permanent, Beavon again won promotion to the third tier with the Chairboys in 2011, before his 25-goal 2011/12 campaign earned him a move to Preston.

While unable to replicate that form at Deepdale, he quickly won over his supporters with his work-rate and a debut goal against Swindon Town.

With his first team opportunities limited following the appointment of Simon Grayson as Preston manager, Beavon joined Burton and finished his maiden season with the club as a League Two champion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

60 Second Press Conference:

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can see this being tough, we will make enough changes to equal this out, and they are a team on the up. 1 goal either way. remember Bury last year!!

Bolton Nuts

Admin

How much is it?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A tenner for adults

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Not going then. Hehe.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just to let you all know that Radio Nuts WILL be available for this match this evening. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum