Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chung-Yong deal flies under the radar

+2
largehat
Lofty_Love
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chung-Yong deal flies under the radar Empty Chung-Yong deal flies under the radar Tue May 29 2012, 11:40

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

News emerged yesterday that the Korean winger had secretly penned a contract extension last August – around the same time he sustained a double fracture of his leg playing against Newport County in a pre-season friendly.

Club contacts, who confirmed the news last night, say Chung-Yong is tied to the Reebok until 2015, meaning Trabzonspor would face a near impossible task if they chose to pursue him in the coming months.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well done Coyle and co

Ye credit to them for actually sorting out a contract early. I'm sure some will moan about giving a contract to an injured player but if he comes back to the level he was at I'm sure he'll be worth every penny. I don't think he's on the highest wage anyway.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Excellent news, we either get to keep the player, or we get a fair fee.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

that's good news...

buttoks unclenched now till the next 'sensational' story breaks... Rolling Eyes

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it was a good move. Lee is still only young and should have a few good seasons ahead of him.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

With Chungy on the right with back up of Eagles and Ryo, and Petrov on the left with Wylde and Ryo backup we should have the strongest wingers in the league to be honest.

+ stick Ryo on for Petrov in the last 20-30 mins and watch him do this to tired Championship legs:

I think Ryo will be a great loan for the Championship.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

'Tired Championship legs' ... methinks we have unrealistically high expectations of our ex-Premiership team when compared to Championship teams, including their physical abilities.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:'Tired Championship legs' ... methinks we have unrealistically high expectations of our ex-Premiership team when compared to Championship teams, including their physical abilities.

They are compared to Chelsea legs

+ I don't think we are for the lower teams, image Ryo vs Lloyd Doyley for speed.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Maybe. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I think we will do well in some ways, but fall short in others, because the Championship may not always have as much skill as the Prem, but its fiercely competitive. We will have some confidence when we start, from the fact that we are from the Premiership, but that also gives the other teams somtheing to have a go at, as a measure of how good they are in comparison. Interesting times ahead, but much better for the fans, as we will be expected to do well, (and should), and it gives us a much more varied choice of styles, and places to choose from. I just hope OC and his 'group' meet the challenge.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

That is one of my main concerns with next season and the pressure will no doubt be under, we are now the big boys which we haven't been for a long time in football terms.

The fact we have players like Vela and Riley who are not really tested at any level really, ok Riley has had a couple of games but it makes me wonder how they will handle the pressures of first team football in the championship.

Going back to the Lee situation, if we were to bring in Ryo again I would imagine Lee would be on his way our regardless of a new contract.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum