Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

British democracy in action

+6
scottjames30
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
okocha
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41British democracy in action - Page 3 Empty Re: British democracy in action Thu Aug 27 2015, 19:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Bonce: that's what I did originally, and the image appeared on the thread for a short time, then vanished. Obviously, I lack your magic touch.

Have to say, when I first saw this image, I was more appalled than amused, but then realised I should have expected no less from our elected representatives whose whole motivation is to strive selflessly to improve the lot of Britain and its citizens......
At least we've seen it.
And we all know it's their own lot they're trying to improve.
Can't describe how I felt when I saw Prescott in ermine.
British democracy in action - Page 3 Politicians

42British democracy in action - Page 3 Empty Re: British democracy in action Thu Aug 27 2015, 20:04

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Prescott in Ermine. Cripes! I've only ever seen him in sheep's clothing.

43British democracy in action - Page 3 Empty Re: British democracy in action Thu Aug 27 2015, 20:55

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

not all politicians are the same...

44British democracy in action - Page 3 Empty Re: British democracy in action Thu Aug 27 2015, 21:37

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That may be literally true, Manda, but the photos don't lie. What percentage of MPs attended the House to debate and vote on the crucial issues represented here, and what percentage attended to debate MPs' pay and expenses? 
Or perhaps you're just making the point that you personally have genuine concern for your constituents....which may well be true.
 You know, however, that the general impression given is one of self-interest, and the puerile way in which debates are conducted only reinforces the stereotype of overgrown, undisciplined public schoolboys simply there to indulge in drunken mockery. The image created has undermined respect for our "leaders" and made the public become disillusioned and disinclined to vote for any of the rabble. Children in school would not be allowed to conduct discussions in such a way.

45British democracy in action - Page 3 Empty Re: British democracy in action Thu Aug 27 2015, 21:53

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

There's a bit of an urban myth that MPs want all unions to settle pay increases beforehand so that the MPs can get their OTT pay ASAP.

46British democracy in action - Page 3 Empty Re: British democracy in action Thu Aug 27 2015, 22:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

47British democracy in action - Page 3 Empty Re: British democracy in action Fri Aug 28 2015, 07:56

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:not all politicians are the same...
They are..

48British democracy in action - Page 3 Empty Re: British democracy in action Fri Aug 28 2015, 07:59

scottjames30 wrote:
They are..

You do realise that even though Manda isn't a "Westminster" politician, she's still a politician, right....?

Just thought I'd make sure.

49British democracy in action - Page 3 Empty Re: British democracy in action Fri Aug 28 2015, 08:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
They are..

You do realise that even though Manda isn't a "Westminster" politician, she's still a politician, right....?

Just thought I'd make sure.
I was taking the piss, go and have a cup of coffee and get your grumpy head off.

50British democracy in action - Page 3 Empty Re: British democracy in action Fri Aug 28 2015, 08:39

Fair enough.

Sorry.

It's just hard to tell with you sometimes.

51British democracy in action - Page 3 Empty Re: British democracy in action Fri Aug 28 2015, 08:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the House of Lords is a complete waste of time and money and an excuse to dish out more treats and favours to their already wealthy cronies. It needs to be scrapped

52British democracy in action - Page 3 Empty Re: British democracy in action Fri Aug 28 2015, 09:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Since when has the British system been democratic?
The electoral system certainly isn't and never has delivered power (kratos) to the people (demos) - or at least power to all the people as amply demonstrated in the last general election.

Lots of people bang on about the accountability of MPs but whilst they are exercised by MPs salaries, expenses, sexual relations and other gossip most constituents don't even check if their representative is actually turning up to work to represent their views.

53British democracy in action - Page 3 Empty Re: British democracy in action Fri Aug 28 2015, 10:18

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I suppose MPs would defend their absence from crucial debates by saying that they have lots of other duties to perform in their own constituencies which sometimes prevent them from attending the House. I don't buy it! ::seething2::

On a separate note, check out the number of people whose recent death has been linked to IDS's draconian benefits cuts. 
Also, it seems that the disgraceful appointment of totally undeserving folk to the House of Lords yesterday, at massive cost to the tax-payer, was deliberately timed to coincide with what DC thought would dominate the headlines instead:- the total failure to meet net migration promises. And two people who turned down the chance to become peers have been knighted instead. You couldn't make it up and yet the Tories do.....daily!

Well, we voted them in!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum