Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things that irritate the shit out of you

+38
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Norpig
karlypants
wessy
Danno
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Bolton Rebirth
Kane57
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
Sluffy
Lard Lad
Bread2.0
whatsgoingon
okocha
Lever ender
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
Numpty 28723
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Keegan
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
Emma Jansen 1
BoltonTillIDie
Michael Bolton
Bollotom2014
Chairmanda
doffcocker
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 50]

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

People who say "My Bad" should be shot.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamie Oliver. He really is a twat!

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Jamie Oliver. He really is a twat!
Can't argue with that.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it because you eat a packet of Turkey Twizzlers every night?

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bolton Bonce wrote: "Love.....Chorley cakes smothered in butter

Bonce, is that a veiled reference to some clandestine passionate eroticism you've been engaging in with our Nat.....? 

( Must admit "tarts" would have been better than "cakes")

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Bolton Bonce wrote: "Love.....Chorley cakes smothered in butter

Bonce, is that a veiled reference to some clandestine passionate eroticism you've been engaging in with our Nat.....? 

( Must admit "tarts" would have been better than "cakes")
I'm not sure who is the more horrified by that thought. Me, or Nat.

And I wouldn't want to upset her new man, Eric.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Is it because you eat a packet of Turkey Twizzlers every night?
What’s a turkey twizzler? Is that a euphemism? 

I only eat foie gras!

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Crocs were bad enough now we got Sliders with socks i do not like them the chippy was full of them tonight so while i was sitting down all i can see is Sliders. I could feel it building up inside me, never a good sign with me then this big fecking lump wearing jeans and flip flops comes in and i saw the funny side.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Crocs were bad enough now we got Sliders with socks i do not like them the chippy was full of them tonight so while i was sitting down all i can see is Sliders. I could feel it building up inside me, never a good sign with me then this big fecking lump wearing jeans and flip flops comes in and i saw the funny side.
These people make me sick. Get a pair of decent slippers, like any normal human being.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Crocs were bad enough now we got Sliders with socks i do not like them the chippy was full of them tonight so while i was sitting down all i can see is Sliders. I could feel it building up inside me, never a good sign with me then this big fecking lump wearing jeans and flip flops comes in and i saw the funny side.
These people make me sick. Get a pair of decent slippers, like any normal human being.
Yes I agree although not the care home style zip up ones!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Yes I agree although not the care home style zip up ones!
I wouldn't dismiss the zip ups KP. They're great for running. Anything else and the nurses soon catch up with me. you. Neutral

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy's inability to distinguish between "as" and "has"......Trivial perhaps but still irritating!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Agreed. Expect a diatribe as to why he does it 😀
okocha wrote:Sluffy's inability to distinguish between "as" and "has"......Trivial perhaps but still irritating!
Agreed. Expect two pages on why he does it 😀

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Agreed. Expect a diatribe as to why he does it 😀
okocha wrote:Sluffy's inability to distinguish between "as" and "has"......Trivial perhaps but still irritating!
Agreed. Expect two pages on why he does it 😀
And why the ST is to blame. Very Happy

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

And while we are on the subject, how is it that Sluffy could write at length about TROY's "crimes" and ban him, at the same time as (xxhasxx) he says he was absorbed by the cricket? He can't possibly have been as (xxhasxX) engrossed as (xxhasxx) me and many, many others. Of course, he may be able to multi-task....

PS: Would welcome advice on how to put a line through words already typed!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Click on the s with a line through it.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm dyslexic.

Never made a secret of being so and have been posting on forums for I guess around 15 years or more now.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:And while we are on the subject, how is it that Sluffy could write at length about TROY's "crimes" and ban him, at the same time as (xxhasxx) he says he was absorbed by the cricket? He can't possibly have been as (xxhasxX) engrossed as (xxhasxx) me and many, many others. Of course, he may be able to multi-task....

PS: Would welcome advice on how to put a line through words already typed!

You for real?

I am able to fart and chew gum at the same time.

(President LB Johnson re Gerald Ford's intelligence - or rather lack of it).

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I'm dyslexic.

Never made a secret of being so and have been posting on forums for I guess around 15 years or more now.

There are, apparently, several different types of dyslexia. Might be interesting to learn more about it.
An insight would be interesting Sluffy, if it's not too much trouble.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I'm dyslexic.

There are, apparently, several different types of dyslexia. Might be interesting to learn more about it.
An insight would be interesting Sluffy, if it's not too much trouble.

I'm no expert, I just know how it effects me.

Apparently it is hereditary, about one in two kids of a parent who has it, is passed down to them in their genes.

When I was in primary school many years ago I was a bit of an enigma for my teachers as on one hand I could hardly spell yet on the other hand was clearly brighter than the rest of my class (the heads words to my parents, not mine).

I could read ok, in fact I've always been a prolific reader even back then but I couldn't spell for toffee.

When I did my 11 plus the head basically said to me that out of the marking scheme of 100, I would lose all the 20 marks allocated for spelling and grammar and thus my chances of passing would be that much harder for me.

I and only one other from my year passed to go to grammar school.

I've learned to life with it over the years and now there is automatic spell checking I virtually have no problem spelling wise but obviously still have grammatically such as has and as, where and were, and surprisingly even in my own opinion, of most and must. I know what the words are and what they mean but time after time for reasons I can't understand myself I use the wrong ones.

As a kid the teachers used to make me write out any word I spelt wrong ten times, then twenty if I did so again, until I learned how to spell it correctly - for me however the words never stuck and I could and did misspell them again the next day - and not deliberately either. I used to be bottom of the class in spelling tests obviously!

I kind of like have a blindness in the sense that I can see the words but they don't 'look' wrong if I've misspelt them, or at least not initially.

I can write something, preview it, amend some stuff, read through it again and post - only to look at it on screen and think, that's not right, or the way I've composed something doesn't read how I thought it had.

Can you skim read?  If so maybe I can explain in that when I write or compose something it is like skim reading in reverse - almost as though my brain is telling my eyes what they should see rather than my eyes telling my brain what is actually there that I've physical wrote.

If anything dyslexia has toughened me up.  It's a problem from an early age I've had to face alone and overcome and I've had to use my brain to get around words I can't spell to find ones with similar meanings that I can.  Probably helped expand my vocabulary immensely over the years and helped me to think around problems rather than accept them at face value.

It's certainly not been an issue in my work and academic careers/achievements.

Probably also why name calling as never bothered me, kids might have taken the piss out of me because I couldn't spell in real life, so I can certainly laugh off nutjobs on the internet.

Fwiw my daughter has not been effected by dyslexia but one of my brothers kids did - although in his turn his children seem to be free of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum