Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnley 2-0 Bolton W

+15
Norpig
Chairmanda
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Hip Priest
aaron_bwfc
rammywhite
karlypants
terenceanne
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
Copper Dragon
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Sat Oct 17 2015, 19:39

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Midfield is where our defensive woes start Copper, oh and a 9 Million pound striker wouldn't go amiss either. Impressed with Gray when I've seen him.

62Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Sat Oct 17 2015, 19:46

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Spearing, Pratley and Danns had it pretty much sussed and with our Barton way off colour we didn't look up to much in the middle.

I was surprised that Clayton didn't come on instead of Heskey, is he coming back from an injury?

Gray is going to be a star.

63Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Sat Oct 17 2015, 22:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Awful team. Simply atrocious

64Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Sun Oct 18 2015, 00:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Worst team ever.

65Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Sun Oct 18 2015, 01:41

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:Worst team ever.

66Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Sun Oct 18 2015, 01:50

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oh, I don't know. They scored two goals after all.  Evil or Very Mad

67Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Sun Oct 18 2015, 04:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just seen the goals. I've mentioned a couple of times what a thoroughly conniving little shit Wellington Silva is - absolutely typical of an Arsenal player - and it seems he got his just desserts with that second goal. Not that he'll be bothered as there's no way he'll be a Bolton player this time next year. Absolutely shameful attempt to win a free kick, straight out of the school of Arsene Wenger.

68Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Sun Oct 18 2015, 10:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:

Oh, I don't know. They scored two goals after all.  Evil or Very Mad

I wasn't talking about Burnley either.

69Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Mon Oct 19 2015, 13:28

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What's everybody moaning about?  most on here predicted a loss as per usual. I don't know what the current stats are but we must still be once of the worst away teams in all four divisions and that's not changing anytime soon. Our points will come from home games this season that's all there is to it lads.

70Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Mon Oct 19 2015, 13:37

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:What's everybody moaning about?  most on here predicted a loss as per usual. I don't know what the current stats are but we must still be once of the worst away teams in all four divisions and that's not changing anytime soon. Our points will come from home games this season that's all there is to it lads.

Agreed- but there's a real danger that there won't be enough of the home points to keep us afloat. 8 points from 11 games - if that continues then we'll end up with around 33 points and that means relegation. So does 1 win in 11- if continued throughout the season would mean 4 wins all season.

Although I'm usually fairly optimistic I'm beginning to feel that the chance of success is running away from us fast.
To me its fairly simple- get someone who can put the ball in the net (at the minute 9 goals from 11 games) or  prepare for a catastrophic end to the season.
Anyone who thinks that bringing an oil tanker like Heskey on when we're 2-0 down is simply deluded.

71Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Mon Oct 19 2015, 13:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
terenceanne wrote:What's everybody moaning about?  most on here predicted a loss as per usual. I don't know what the current stats are but we must still be once of the worst away teams in all four divisions and that's not changing anytime soon. Our points will come from home games this season that's all there is to it lads.

Agreed- but there's a real danger that there won't be enough of the home points to keep us afloat. 8 points from 11 games - if that continues then we'll end up with around 33 points and that means relegation. So does 1 win in 11- if continued throughout the season would mean 4 wins all season.

Although I'm usually fairly optimistic I'm beginning to feel that the chance of success is running away from us fast.
To me its fairly simple- get someone who can put the ball in the net (at the minute 9 goals from 11 games) or  prepare for a catastrophic end to the season.
Anyone who thinks that bringing an oil tanker like Heskey on when we're 2-0 down is simply deluded.
Something has to change that's for sure, but I'm not convinced it's the striker as we don't dominate midfield enough to create enough really good chances - just half chances and the occasional goalmouth scramble. 
If we were good enough to keep teams penned in for long periods we'd score more goals - and keep the pressure off the defence, but we're not.
So it's either new players or a new system and seeing as it's not looking too good on the new players front (unless Lennon decides to use the whole squad) we have to at least consider a different way of playing IMO.

72Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Mon Oct 19 2015, 14:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would like us to go back to how we played when Lennon first came in, we pressed teams and didn't give them a minute but that seems to have not happened for a while. Whether it's due to fitness or not i don't know but it was great to watch and got the fans behind the team.

73Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Mon Oct 19 2015, 14:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i would like us to go back to how we played when Lennon first came in, we pressed teams and didn't give them a minute but that seems to have not happened for a while. Whether it's due to fitness or not i don't know but it was great to watch and got the fans behind the team.
If we had 3 midfielders with the energy and engine of Pratley we'd stroll this league but sadly we haven't. He's pretty much our only genuine box-to-box player.

74Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Mon Oct 19 2015, 14:25

i didnt

75Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Mon Oct 19 2015, 14:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

did you go for your usual 6-0 to us Johnny?  Very Happy

76Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Mon Oct 19 2015, 14:42

Norpig wrote:did you go for your usual 6-0 to us Johnny?  Very Happy
of course!  (although i think it was 3-0, my confidence is waning!) Very Happy

77Burnley 2-0 Bolton W - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton W Mon Oct 19 2015, 19:10

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

rammywhite wrote:

Yup .... I was against giving Heskey another year from the start. I'm not blaming the player at all but you could have a situation here were Emile never gets a goal all season...now that would be a proud BWFC record right there. Evil or Very Mad  But even dafter is expecting something when he comes on...that is Neils fault and maybe he is suborn about this for some reason.  With all that said the whole team is not good enough not just the strikers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum