Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon charged by FA

+2
terenceanne
karlypants
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Neil Lennon charged by FA Empty Neil Lennon charged by FA Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:14 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers boss Neil Lennon has been charged for misconduct in relation to media comments he made following the 4-3 defeat at QPR on Saturday.

Lennon criticised referee Darren Drysdale and said: "He is a disgrace, an absolute disgrace.

"I have not seen a more biased performance from a referee in a long, long time.

"He gave QPR everything he possibly could."

An FA statement read: "It is alleged his post-match remarks constitute improper conduct in that they allege and/or imply bias on the part of the match official, and/or bring the game into disrepute, in contravention of Rule E3(1)."

Lennon has until 6pm on Thursday to respond to the charge.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Neil Lennon charged by FA Empty Re: Neil Lennon charged by FA Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:50 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The FA are just a bunch of pussies .... who cares what they think.  Pay the fine and be dun with it.

3Neil Lennon charged by FA Empty Re: Neil Lennon charged by FA Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:01 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's about time the bloody referees are accounted for!!!

4Neil Lennon charged by FA Empty Re: Neil Lennon charged by FA Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Touchline ban coming I reckon. I know it's frustrating but we can do without him getting banned from the touchline at the minute. He should really have a bit more sense and  take it to the FA after the fact imo. They won't do sod all but at least he stays out of trouble. If he's that pissed off then send the assistant out to do the after match stuff. Pratley did the right thing when he said the players need to take responsibility. However shit he was, the ref wasn't the one defending poorly and conceding goals was he, that was all us.

5Neil Lennon charged by FA Empty Re: Neil Lennon charged by FA Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:57 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's not an easy job they've got but the referees in this league really are awful, and it's not just the big decisions - there's no consistency in anything they do.

Lennon has always been a complainer, but I think he's been justified in most of his comments.

6Neil Lennon charged by FA Empty Re: Neil Lennon charged by FA Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

doffcocker wrote:Lennon has always been a complainer, but I think he's been justified in most of his comments.
He's definitely justified, and yes, the referees in this league are truly awful but you know what's coming if you start saying the stuff he did. I would be justified in kicking the shit out of some of the little scroats that live in my area but I can't go ahead and do it.

7Neil Lennon charged by FA Empty Re: Neil Lennon charged by FA Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:53 pm

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Lennon showed very poor judgement in making these comments, thought so at the time. He knows the rules, and like them or not, he knows the consequences of ignoring them. There is also a big difference between saying the referee was bad, had a poor game, words like that, and saying the ref showed bias. One is questioning competence, the other is impugning integrity.

8Neil Lennon charged by FA Empty Re: Neil Lennon charged by FA Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:52 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:I think Lennon showed very poor judgement in making these comments, thought so at the time. He knows the rules, and like them or not, he knows the consequences of ignoring them. There is also a big difference between saying the referee was bad, had a poor game, words like that, and saying the ref showed bias. One is questioning competence, the other is impugning integrity.

However, the fine will be insignificant and the touchline ban inconsequential and in behaving this way he has curried favour with some fans, taken some flac away from the players, provided a small degree of justification for losing the match to his Directors, gained more media coverage (no publicity is bad etc) and blown off some steam in the process.

Perhaps it was a well judged and intentional strategic move?

9Neil Lennon charged by FA Empty Re: Neil Lennon charged by FA Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:08 pm

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:I think Lennon showed very poor judgement in making these comments, thought so at the time. He knows the rules, and like them or not, he knows the consequences of ignoring them. There is also a big difference between saying the referee was bad, had a poor game, words like that, and saying the ref showed bias. One is questioning competence, the other is impugning integrity.

However, the fine will be insignificant and the touchline ban inconsequential and in behaving this way he has curried favour with some fans, taken some flac away from the players, provided a small degree of justification for losing the match to his Directors, gained more media coverage (no publicity is bad etc) and blown off some steam in the process.

Perhaps it was a well judged and intentional strategic move?
He can be banned from more than just the touchline, I think a touchline ban does have an impact in any case, but he can be banned from the ground on matchdays. He also strikes me as a stubborn individual, not always a bad thing, but I am sure he will be asked to fully retract his statement, and apologise and pay recompense to the ref...if he refuses to do so, the ramifications can be huge. I disagree with you on this, wanders, though appreciate your argument. If he had just said ref was rubbish, he would have been fined but achieved much of what you say above as positives, by not confining himself to that and accusing the ref of conscious bias, he has really over stepped the mark. The refs union is very strong, and he will not have done the club any good in terms of getting close decisions. Yes, I know it shouldn't be like that, but if someone had accused one of your colleagues basically of cheating, its hard to remain impartial. Do you think the ref was biased in terms of deliberately giving QPR decisions he knew should have gone Bolton's way?

10Neil Lennon charged by FA Empty Re: Neil Lennon charged by FA Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:56 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think the ref was particularly biased and do think that Lennon was way out of line but I also think he got some little wins out of it and won't be too bothered about the punishment. As you say - he comes across as a stubborn bugger.

In terms of strategic risk, there was little downside IMO however you come across as risk-averse.

Let me know when you need a new campaign manager Smile

11Neil Lennon charged by FA Empty Re: Neil Lennon charged by FA Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:I don't think the ref was particularly biased and do think that Lennon was way out of line but I also think he got some little wins out of it and won't be too bothered about the punishment. As you say - he comes across as a stubborn bugger.

In terms of strategic risk, there was little downside IMO however you come across as risk-averse.

Let me know when you need a new campaign manager Smile
I think standing for the LibDems belies that Shocked ! I think the time for Lennon's personal representation ends today, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

12Neil Lennon charged by FA Empty Re: Neil Lennon charged by FA Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:35 pm

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Neil Lennon given a warning by the FA and is handed £3,500 fine

Neil Lennon has been fined £3,500 by the FA and warned as to his future conduct after he admitted a charge of misconduct in relation to media comments.

The Bolton Wanderers manager accepted he had breached FA Rule E3 in that his post-match remarks following the Queens Park Rangers game on 3 October 2015, alleged and/or implied bias on the part of the match official, and/or brought the game into disrepute.

Lennon criticised referee Darren Drysdale after the 4-3 defeat to the Hoops at Loftus Road.

The Northern Irishman claimed the Lincolnshire official's performance was a "disgrace, and absolute disgrace,” he said after the final whistle.

“I have not seen a more biased performance from a referee in a long, long time. He gave QPR everything he possibly could."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Think this vindicates your argument wanders, thats me saying you were right, and I was wrong!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum