Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are we going down?

+14
scottjames30
doffcocker
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
wanderlust
terenceanne
Norpig
Copper Dragon
BoltonTillIDie
Chairmanda
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 14:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:No we aren't going down.  Once we loan a striker and play some of the 'lesser' teams out fortunes will change.
One of the lesser teams?

We are one of the lesser teams.

22Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 14:55

sounds shit, but it is #bizhour on twitter, 2pm - 3pm everyday, all small business' retweet and follow etc and it does seem to have attracted some positive attention.

hence the short answers Smile

23Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 14:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we will go down if Lennon is in charge come February. He clearly doesn't know his best team and has resorted to Dougie-like chop and change tactics.

Yes, we're skint but so are plenty of clubs. Yes, we have shit players, but Lennon brought most of them in.

But what we lack the most is bottle. And that costs nothing. A team can go a long way on bottle and effort. Our team has none.

For all the shit he takes Spearing is just about the only one who looks like he gives a shite.

24Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 15:04

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

25Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 16:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Yes, we're skint but so are plenty of clubs.

A year or two ago I would have shared that sentiment. But I think we're literally at the point now where there's one, maybe two or three managers in this division with less to work with financially.

Freedman at least had a million or two to spend here and there and could offer competitive wages to certain players.

And I think the gap between the top and bottom of the Championship - which used to be markedly slim - is just getting bigger and bigger. Imagine Middlesbrough or Brighton or Derby having to make do with a Gary Madine or 37 year old Emile Heskey.

26Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 16:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I think we will go down if Lennon is in charge come February. He clearly doesn't know his best team and has resorted to Dougie-like chop and change tactics.

How have the tactics changed? I thought he has dogmatically stuck with the same system for the most part and needs to reconsider as he hasn't got the quality needed to play that way - which is very Dougie-like.

Or do you mean changing the players is a tactic? (as opposed to "squad rotation" or not risking those with knocks?)

27Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 16:37

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll still go up, only three points behind Leeds.

28Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 17:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I think we will go down if Lennon is in charge come February. He clearly doesn't know his best team and has resorted to Dougie-like chop and change tactics.

How have the tactics changed? I thought he has dogmatically stuck with the same system for the most part and needs to reconsider as he hasn't got the quality needed to play that way - which is very Dougie-like.

Or do you mean changing the players is a tactic? (as opposed to "squad rotation" or not risking those with knocks?)

Should have said "personnel" not "tactics". Mistakes happen.

29Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 19:00

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

scratch  For the most part we have loanees and cast-offs .... the quality is non-existent.  I fail to see how putting a rocket under Madine's ars for example will make him a better striker. Same for the rest of them.  As I keep repeating myself....You can shout all day at a donkey......it's still a donkey.

30Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 19:36

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

dnn't Know what this fixation is with strikers !!! the ones we have know where the back of the net ie and have proved it in the past !!! unfortunately we have an utterly shit midfield who cannot create anything for the strikers, think about it !!!

31Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 19:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:dnn't Know what this fixation is with strikers !!! the ones we have know where the back of the net ie and have proved it in the past !!! unfortunately we have an utterly shit midfield who cannot create anything for the strikers, think about it !!!

When have Heskey and Madine ever been regular goal scorers?

32Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 19:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hahahaha.

33Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 19:40

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:
bryan458 wrote:dnn't Know what this fixation is with strikers !!! the ones we have know where the back of the net ie and have proved it in the past !!! unfortunately we have an utterly shit midfield who cannot create anything for the strikers, think about it !!!

When have Heskey and Madine ever been regular goal scorers?

When have Danns and Pratley been creative midfield players ?? along with the rest of the shite  !!!

34Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 19:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Madine has had a shit load of chances created for him, he just misses them all.

35Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 19:45

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Aint sayin Madine is a good striker but put it on a plate for him and he will score, i'm saying our midfield create nothing !!

36Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 20:44

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Have to say I agree with boggers there. Madine has had plenty of chances. Some of them served up on a plate. He's just a bad finisher. You can't blame midfielders for that.

Might have known you'd pop up as soon as there's mention of a donkey, Brian.  Very Happy

37Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 20:54

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

lets put it this way, put ant top striker in our team and he would struggle !!!

38Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 20:57

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Le Fondre didn't struggle.

39Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 20:58

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I said top striker !!!

40Are we going down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we going down? Mon Oct 19 2015, 20:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:put ant top striker in our team and he would struggle !!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum