Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Squad the same bar one!

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Squad the same bar one! Empty Squad the same bar one! Sun Jun 03 2012, 17:29

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Mr P Gside says the squad which will be starting in the Championship is the same as we would have planned to go into the Premiership with had we survived. Really?

The players in red are gone, purple are either going to prison, out injured long term or likely to leave. I know there are a couple of additions not listed here but it's the only list I had.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Would we have really gone into the Prem thinking that squad would be good enough?

Edit: Are Obedayi and Riley out? Not sure.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Squad the same bar one! Empty Re: Squad the same bar one! Sun Jun 03 2012, 17:40

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Aren't you taking this a bit literally? Isn't he talking about the players who would have been released/asked to stay at this stage would have been the same anyway?

Clearly in both scenarios we are going to make signings from here.

I don't think Gartside is saying we'd be ready for kick-off in August in either league. That's why on the club's website he talks about signings.

And in any case there are so many errors in that list it is untrue. I hope you didn't go to the trouble of creating that image, because if you did, it's a bit sad.

3Squad the same bar one! Empty Re: Squad the same bar one! Sun Jun 03 2012, 21:48

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Gartside meant the players which have left would have gone regardless of which league we were in, which apart from Knight and Jussi I believe him 100% on.

What ever happens between now and August, we are going to need to do A LOT of recruiting for the amount of games were going to be playing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum