Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should single people in employment who don't have children be entitled to benefits?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was listening to the radio yesterday about cuts to working family tax credits and how many families will be worse off as a result and I was thinking "What are they moaning for, I only have one income as opposed to their two incomes and I cannot claim for shit".

Do you think it is unfair that single people who have one income and who don't have kids cannot get any sort of benefits at all despite the huge cost of living on one income, whilst a family with two incomes and have chosen to have kids can all sorts of benefits and free money. 

I was talking to two people at work and they are both single and have to pay £650 a month on rent and then have bills such as council tax and all your other bills on top and they hardly can afford to live, would they be any worse off if they were on the dole and had their accommodation paid for, their council tax paid and given money each week to live off? 

With this rapidly growing population single people without kids should be the ones given money, not two incomes with lots of kids. Who should be getting hand outs - those ghastly families with 11 kids and two parents unemployed who rake in like £50,000 a year in hand outs or me on one income, no kids? 

What do others think about should single people in employment be entitled to benefits if families are?

They should find somewhere cheaper to rent then. Flats are usually about 4 to 500 quid a month. Or even shared accommodation which includes all your bills is 300 to 400 is a month.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum