Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Neil Lennon still the right man?

+19
Bolton Nuts
luckyPeterpiper
JAH
Barryjw
rammywhite
FullofSprite
karlypants
doffcocker
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
Chairmanda
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Numpty 28723
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Is Lennon still the right man?

Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Vote_lcap80%Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Vote_rcap 80% [ 24 ]
Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Vote_rcap 20% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

141Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 13:02

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think Jesus Christ could do much about the shower on the pitch. But whether or not Neil can find a way to turn this around after a takeover is not something I'm as sure of as I was a month ago.

142Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 13:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:I finally made my mind up after the first goal yesterday that he's got to go. We were overrun from the kickoff and the midfield needed to be shored up some way. Pratley was fucked, as all season, and the change came after the goal.
He won't go anytime soon though, who'd step into the hangman's noose?
Interesting point of view there sk. Literally everyone else's account of the game is that it was is that was us that were all over them in the first 25 minutes or so and that's when we stopped pressing (for reasons unknown) and Huddersfield began to take control.
Meant to say second half kick off which makes the post correct as it should be. 
We were under the cosh straight away from that kick off and Pratley should have gone after ten minutes, thought that injury might have done it, but not to be.
Sure we played some good stuff early doors given the momentum from Monday no doubt, but no goals and the heads go in the usual manner. Then the initiative and the match was Huddersfield's.
We are shit and we know we are!
Playing the way Lennon seems to want we need massive engines in the midfield and Pratley has - or rather had that. But I just don't think he can press for 90 minutes especially without at least one other helping him out. We lack genuine box to box athletes to hold it together.

143Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 13:10

My intense dislike of "that pink building on Chorley New Rd" stems largely from one night when I was about 18 and I was in Halliwell Lodge with a few of my mates (all Grammar School oiks like wot I am) and a group of your lot came in accompanied by two of their teachers.

I knew a couple of them from primary school and we exchanged pleasantries, whilst milking the quiz machine.

At the risk of sounding immodest here, it was me who was casually hitting the buttons and coming up with the correct answers (I used to be quite good on pub quiz machines, no idea why - possibly mild autism) and one of the prick teachers said:

"You're quite bright for a state educated boy, aren't you? Where did that come from?"

And all the chinless minions trailing in his wake guffawed loudly at his wit and magnificence.

It really rattled me and I had to be physically restrained by a couple of my mates and it's stayed with me to this day.

Looking back now, I take solace from the fact that he was probably bumming the life out of his band of acolytes and I hope they've still got sloppy sphincters now as a direct result.

Not bitter though........ Mad

144Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:14

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Glad you said had there list. He's been poor all season since he came back IMO, and as a captain he is less than inspiring. However Lennon won't fetch off or drop his skipper so there you go.

145Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:18

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:I hate you Bolton School twats........... Very Happy
wanders, you and me at least need to form a gang

146Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:23

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Breadman wrote:My intense dislike of "that pink building on Chorley New Rd" stems largely from one night when I was about 18 and I was in Halliwell Lodge with a few of my mates (all Grammar School oiks like wot I am) and a group of your lot came in accompanied by two of their teachers.

I knew a couple of them from primary school and we exchanged pleasantries, whilst milking the quiz machine.

At the risk of sounding immodest here, it was me who was casually hitting the buttons and coming up with the correct answers (I used to be quite good on pub quiz machines, no idea why - possibly mild autism) and one of the prick teachers said:

"You're quite bright for a state educated boy, aren't you? Where did that come from?"

And all the chinless minions trailing in his wake guffawed loudly at his wit and magnificence.

It really rattled me and I had to be physically restrained by a couple of my mates and it's stayed with me to this day.

Looking back now, I take solace from the fact that he was probably bumming the life out of his band of acolytes and I hope they've still got sloppy sphincters now as a direct result.

We used to take great pleasure using their school caps as bus frisbees, of the poor little souls that used to brave the 505 to their side gates, as we made our way up to 'Cuffberts' - all good fun - for us

147Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:
There are others in our midst but we should let them stay incognito for now - every gang needs sleepers. However you may not want me in as I'm a bit of an oik myself. I went to Bolton School but being smarter than the average bear I was on a scholarship and my education was paid for by the Council (Lancashire CC).
Are you prepared to let oiks like me in?

148Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:My intense dislike of "that pink building on Chorley New Rd" stems largely from one night when I was about 18 and I was in Halliwell Lodge with a few of my mates (all Grammar School oiks like wot I am) and a group of your lot came in accompanied by two of their teachers.

You won't get any argument from me as there were some complete dickheads at Bolton School as well as a sprinkling of "Victorian" teachers who would delight in beating the shit out of kids who stepped out of line or "looked at them funny." Although we did give them hell TBF and at least 3 teachers in my time left due to nervous breadvans.

That said, there were some arseholes at your gaff too and I'm particularly thinking of two bullies who I had the pleasure of sorting out.

Seeing as we cuffed you regularly at footie, I bear no grudge Smile

149Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:41

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I feel a bit sorry for all you guys- seems you had a sad school life. I was blessed- I went to Thornleigh when it was a grammar school and all boys. None of that  other chromosomatically challenged gender to stop our antics and fantasising
And we were simply the best when it came to sport- at football we beat everyone in the north west including all the other schools in Bolton.

150Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:43

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:
There are others in our midst but we should let them stay incognito for now - every gang needs sleepers. However you may not want me in as I'm a bit of an oik myself. I went to Bolton School but being smarter than the average bear I was on a scholarship and my education was paid for by the Council (Lancashire CC).
you and me both, wanders, you and me both

151Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I feel a bit sorry for all you guys- seems you had a sad school life. I was blessed- I went to Thornleigh when it was a grammar school and all boys. None of that  other chromosomatically challenged gender to stop our antics and fantasising
And we were simply the best when it came to sport- at football we beat everyone in the north west including all the other schools in Bolton.
As mentioned previously we used to stuff Thornleigh regularly. Smile

Last edited by wanderlust on Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:45; edited 1 time in total

152Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:44

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Chairmanda wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:

Pair of parasites on the poor ratepayers of Bolton!!!

153Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:

Lancashire. Bolton, Lancashire.

154Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:48

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:I feel a bit sorry for all you guys- seems you had a sad school life. I was blessed- I went to Thornleigh when it was a grammar school and all boys. None of that  other chromosomatically challenged gender to stop our antics and fantasising
As mentioned previously we used to stuff Thornleigh regularly. Smile

Not when I was there- we were invincible. it was only after it became a secondary modern and allowed girls in that its sporting achievements went to pot!!

155Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:49

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:

Lancashire. Bolton, Lancashire.

....presumably that was before the Labour inspired Greater Manchester existed!! When Bolton was in Lancashire.

156Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:52

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
I think you'll find that Breaders was at Thornleigh....who we used to stuff at footie.Smile
you Thornleigh boys, any of you in touch with the Greenhalsh brothers? There were 5 boys, I lived round the corner from them, and we were great friends, along with a few others in the Markland Hill gang  (Andy Fearns, Nick and Chris (surname withheld), Tim Wilson) with whom I had some formative experiences (get your minds out of the gutter). Andy, the eldest Greenhalsh, or closest my age, cant remember, once saved someones life from Doffcocker Lodges, and my mother seemed to think he also made the news when he joined the police and was bitten by his own police dog. I'd love to know how they were all doing.

157Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 16:58

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Chairmanda wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
I think you'll find that Breaders was at Thornleigh....who we used to stuff at footie.Smile
you Thornleigh boys, any of you in touch with the Greenhalsh brothers? There were 5 boys, I lived round the corner from them, and we were great friends, along with a few others in the Markland Hill gang  (Andy Fearns, Nick and Chris (surname withheld), Tim Wilson) with whom I had some formative experiences (get your minds out of the gutter). Andy, the eldest Greenhalsh, or closest my age, cant remember, once saved someones life from Doffcocker Lodges, and my mother seemed to think he also made the news when he joined the police and was bitten by his own police dog. I'd love to know how they were all doing.

Manda- I knew the Greenhough brothers- 3 of them and they lived around Markland Hill. Eldest one (Mick) was bit handy with his fists. He emigrated to Canada eventually and became an accountant. But I don't remember the Greenhalsh brothers. But with 5 boys they were obviously a fecund and fertile set of parents!!

158Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 17:02

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

rammywhite wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Manda- I knew the Greenhough brothers- 3 of them and they lived around Markland Hill. Eldest one (Mick) was bit handy with his fists. He emigrated to Canada eventually and became an accountant. But I don't remember the Greenhalsh brothers. But with 5 boys they were obviously a fecund and fertile set of parents!!
Catholic boys schools for you!!

159Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Jan 03 2016, 17:37

What school did Neil Lennon go to?

And for the record, I played in the Smithills team that defeated Bolton School 1-0 in the Mackereth Cup final at Burnden in 1986.

So there....!

160Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Mon Jan 04 2016, 08:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

is he still the right man? No is my answer, his latest outpourings about him changing the system not being the reason we got beat on Saturday show a man desperately clutching at straws

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum