Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ipswich 2-0 Bolton

+14
scottjames30
Jack Russell
Hipster_Nebula
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
NickFazer
rammywhite
Norpig
karlypants
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
wanderlust
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking at the fixtures,we'll probably be toast by the new year.

62Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm

Told you we would lose 2-0

63Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:01 pm

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Absolute disgraceful.

64Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:07 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Ipswich Town 2-0 Bolton

IN BRIEF

Bolton Wanderers were beaten on the road, with goals either side of half time securing three points for Ipswich Town at Portman Road.

In a game that was closely-contested for large parts, it was the home side’s clinical finishing in the final third which ultimately proved decisive.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles and Brett Pitman were the scorers, as despite plenty of endeavour, Bolton were unable to find a way past a resolute Ipswich rearguard.

TEAM NEWS

Neil Lennon made just the two changes to the starting line-up that had battled to a draw at Preston three days earlier. Derik Osede dropped to the bench and Shola Ameobi missed out completely, with Prince-Desire Gouano, back from suspension, and Gary Madine back in the starting XI from the off.

Mark Davies missed out on the matchday squad completely.

FIRST HALF

Bolton started the game brightly. Inside the opening three minutes Darren Pratley twice stole in behind the Ipswich defence to the byline, and on one occasion picked out Max Clayton who saw a header smuggled clear by goalkeeper Dean Gerken.

The home side’s first sniff of goal came on eight minutes, when Pitman glanced a cross from the right goalwards that was easily held by Ben Amos.

But Bolton’s positive start was undone on 13 minutes.

Ipswich sprang a counter down the right side, with Arsenal loanee Maitland-Niles cutting infield before squeezing a shot into Amos’ far corner from the edge of the area.

A second almost followed when Pitman capitalised on a mix-up between Amos and David Wheater, only for his weak effort to be hacked away from the goalline by the covering Jose Manuel Casado.

Bolton needed a foothold in the game, as Freddie Sears escaped in the left channel before being denied by a point blank save from Amos.

On 26 minutes Clayton was hacked down on the whitewash of the area by Jonas Knudsen after a clever turn. Bolton worked the resulting free kick well, with Casado’s dummy run allowing David Wheater space to canon a shot into a ruck of Ipswich defenders.

For the remainder of the half Bolton saw much of the ball inside the Ipswich half, and despite working a couple of goalscoring opportunities saw efforts blocked by last-ditch challenges from blue shirts.

On the stroke of half time Amos was forced into another smart low save from Sears.

SECOND HALF

Ahead of the start of the second period Derik was introduced in place of Prince in a straight swap at right-back.

And within minutes of the restart Ipswich sub Jonathan Douglas thundered a volley from a half-cleared corner kick onto the Bolton crossbar.

Wheater then had to be alert to clear Sears’ goal-bound header from a Knudsen cutback from the byline.

The hour mark came and went without any real incident of note, before on 67 minutes Wheater saw a looping header comfortably saved from Derik’s right-wing cross.

But as Bolton pressed for a second, they were done on the break as the home side netted their second.

Sears pounced on a loose ball before surging forward and releasing Pitman, who took one touch to steady himself before sending an unerring effort high into the net.

Kaiyne Woolery was introduced in place of Clayton, as Bolton sought to half the deficit. 

Pitman once again saw an effort cleared off the line, with Jay Spearing in the right place at the right time to clear his header away.

In the final throes of the game Sears flashed an effort wide from an acute angle before seeing a dipping volley saved by Amos.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

65Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

:suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

66Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:12 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon gone

67Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:08 pm

I'm past ranting about this shit anymore.

We were always going to lose tonight - we all knew it before a ball was kicked.

We are fucked.

There's no money, Eddie D obviously died a while back, Gartside is holed up awaiting the inevitable "end of days" scenario which will see him scurry off to the bunker with whatever he can carry and we are royally screwed.

Lennon isn't capable of moulding the dross we've got into anything like a football team but the biggest problem is the people who run the club don't appear to care.

Obviously.

What the fuck is the plan.......?

There must be one, surely.......

68Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:15 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm at that stage in life where I would just lie there and take the beating honestly.
 i don't want a fight Hipster just a team i can be proud of.

69Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:53 am

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So do I.

70Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:47 am

simsamsuk

simsamsuk
David Ngog
David Ngog

can anyone tell me where Gartside is, I am not one who is blaming him for all the clubs woes but surely he needs to speak now just to calm things down the silence coming from the club is deafening, I don't expect him to say "don't worry lads all is OK" but even if he says "we are fooked sorry" at least I would know the truth and prepair my self for relegation or administration.
Come on Gartside you couldn't keep your mouth shut during the good times earn your money and lead now!!!

71Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:22 am

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

simsamsuk wrote:can anyone tell me where Gartside is, I am not one who is blaming him for all the clubs woes but surely he needs to speak now just to calm things down the silence coming from the club is deafening, I don't expect him to say "don't worry lads all is OK" but even if he says "we are fooked sorry" at least I would know the truth and prepair my self for relegation or administration.
Come on Gartside you couldn't keep your mouth shut during the good times earn your money and lead now!!!
Gartside is leading us. He's leading us into league 1 and administration and possibly oblivion. There's no way he'll come out and say anything because he would have to admit he's royally fucked up. There's no way the man can redeem himself now, so he's hidden away, hoping the results would turn and take the spotlight off him a bit, like the Lennon appointment seemed to do briefly. The man has no backbone. He needs to face it up and tell us exactly how fucked we actually are. I'm not holding my breath though. He will lurk in the shadows saying nothing until he either leaves, or the club folds.

72Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:24 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Ipswich fans were amazed they actually scored last night - their big concern being that "they didn't know where a goal would come from" following their recent results. They have no confidence in their strikers and are relieved their defence has started to show some solidity. All very familiar stuff especially to BWFC fans.
So how did they manage to win? We gave it to them by going for glory IMO.
Both goals came during a period when we were pressing for a goal ourselves. They weren't out and out goals on the break but it seems that in committing extra bodies forward to support an inefficient attack, we leave ourselves vulnerable.
How many times has that happened this season? Loads.
What can we do about it in our position with this squad? Not attack en masse, park the bus across the midfield and come back from a tough away match with a point. It would be boring as hell but an improvement on the last few seasons.

73Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:25 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon doesn't help himself does he? Why change a back four that had just kept a clean sheet? Prince at right back was bizarre, whats happened to Wilson and Pisano? Then he brings on Derik instead of Prince at half time  Mad

74Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:30 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:The Ipswich fans were amazed they actually scored last night - their big concern being that "they didn't know where a goal would come from" following their recent results. They have no confidence in their strikers and are relieved their defence has started to show some solidity. All very familiar stuff especially to BWFC fans.
Both goals came during a period when we were pressing for a goal ourselves. They weren't out and out goals on the break but it seems that in committing extra bodies forward to support an inefficient attack, we leave ourselves vulnerable.
What can we do about it in our position with this squad? Not attack en masse, park the bus across the midfield and come back from a tough away match with a point. It would be boring as hell but an improvement on the last few seasons.

You saw all that from your Pilates class? And here's me thinking you'd only gone to perve at the women.

75Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Lennon doesn't help himself does he? Why change a back four that had just kept a clean sheet? Prince at right back was bizarre, whats happened to Wilson and Pisano? Then he brings on Derik instead of Prince at half time  Mad

Agreed, he's just like fucking Freedman. He can't just keep it simple, always trying to be clever by playing players out of position.

76Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:14 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:The Ipswich fans were amazed they actually scored last night - their big concern being that "they didn't know where a goal would come from" following their recent results. They have no confidence in their strikers and are relieved their defence has started to show some solidity. All very familiar stuff especially to BWFC fans.

You saw all that from your Pilates class? And here's me thinking you'd only gone to perve at the women.
Had to disappoint the ladies in the end, despite buying a new purple lycra codpiece for the occasion. Do I get a badge or something?

77Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:19 pm

Did you go then or what?

78Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:21 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Men in lycra really is a big no no! (Bonce take note)Very Happy

79Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:26 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Men in lycra really is a big no no! (Bonce take note)Very Happy
OK.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

80Ipswich 2-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 2-0 Bolton Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:33 pm

I can't decide what's more offensive - the inappropriate use of lycra or the socks 'n' sandals combo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum