Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide.

+10
terenceanne
wanderlust
doffcocker
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Who's the better striker?

Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Vote_lcap92%Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Vote_rcap 92% [ 23 ]
Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Vote_lcap8%Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Vote_rcap 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:19

I'm starting this thread to settle a dispute between Boggers and Scott.

It's quite simple: Anelka or Klasnic - Who's the better striker?

(The answer is obviously Anelka but let's indulge Scott for a bit.)

One vote each, don't waste it trying to be "ironic" and "clever" by voting for Klasnic.

2Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anelka. Best striker ever to play for Bolton wanderers. One of the best strikers the prem has seen

3Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Klasnic is a better striker, Anelka is a better player.

Stats don't lie.

4Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anelka for me as well.

Klasnic didn't have a bowel problem, it was his kidneys!

5Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Klasnic is a better striker, Anelka is a better player.

Stats don't lie.

Anelka scored more goals!

6Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Klasnic is a better striker, Anelka is a better player.

Stats don't lie.

Anelka scored more goals!

I know, he played more games that's why.

Goals to mins on the pitch though.

7Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Show me the goals to mins on pitch stats

8Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Klasnic was a better finisher. Criminally underused in his time at Bolton.

9Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anelka.

As for colostomy bags,I get the impression most of our present lot are wearing them.

They're taking the piss. Literally.

10Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:33

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Klasnic was a better finisher. Criminally underused in his time at Bolton.

You talk shit

11Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:34

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Klasnic scored more goals minute per goal, in a shitter team.

12Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:37

scottjames30 wrote:Klasnic scored more goals minute per goal,

What does that even mean.....? scratch

13Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Klasnic scored more goals minute per goal,

What does that even mean.....? scratch

Goals per minutes on the pitch, take a percentage.

14Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 17:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

You talk shit

So bitter for one so young.

Klasnic hardly missed a chance, Anelka missed loads but played in a much better team so had loads of chances per game.

If Gary Madine played in the current Bolton team and scored 1 goal from 1 chance, and I played in a team with Messi, Bale, Ronaldo, Earnshaw etc and scored 3 goals from 12 chances does that make me the better striker?

Of course not.

15Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 18:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anelka was better in my opinion although i did like Klasnic as well but on pure ability and career it has to be Anelka

16Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 18:13

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

17Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 18:55

Agreed.

You don't get to play for Mumbai City if you're a mug. Very Happy

18Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 19:16

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Agreed.

You don't get to play for Mumbai City if you're a mug. Very Happy

Exactly!

19Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 19:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Most people tend to agree that playing with Klasnic was tantamount to playing with ten men, minus the fact he averaged about a goal every four matches.
Let's imagine for a minute he scored one goal every game. That's four times as many goals as he actually scored for us and with a lot more regularity, as he would often score two together then go months without scoring one.
If given the choice, would you start every match with a one goal advantage and a one man disadvantage? I don't think most people would, yet a lot of people seem to think we missed a trick not starting Klasnic every match.

Obviously Anelka was a million times the player Klasnic was. Klasnic is phenomenally overrated at Bolton and I don't imagine us being an worse off had we never signed him.

20Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Empty Re: Anelka Vs Klasnic - You decide. Wed Nov 04 2015, 19:25

Throughout their careers Anelka would always create more chances for himself in a game than Klasnic ever could, his pace and movement were responsible for that hence he scored so many goals in his career and the talk of who's the better finisher is largely irrelevant.

I was a fan of Klasnic but by the time he reached us he'd never have made it as a regular Premier League stater, his partnership with Ailton at Bremen was a bit legendary though so maybe he had moer to offer pre kidney ops.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum