Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is BWFC Holding This Site Back?

+3
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 10:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I first joined this site I thought it was going to be my daily fix of arguing with Bolton bellends about the strengths and weaknesses (mainly weaknesses) of our squad, fighting over petty things like who is the most injury prone player, and generally lording it over the Bolton locals with my superior football knowledge.

However, it seems to me that BWFC is now a tiny, tiny part of this site. 5 years ago a site like this would have page after page of rants about Lennon and the shiteness of the BWFC first team had they been bottom of the league. As I write this, some 18 hours after the Reading game ended there has been one brief post about the game. Topics about what Magoo ate for his dinner (cock most likely), Karlypants shampooing his eyeballs, and non existent snow have all been more popular.

It's clear to me that Bolton fans no longer want to discuss BWFC. It's clearly the reason so few new posters have been attracted to the site in the last 12 months. So is the way forward to ditch the BWFC element of the site and rebrand it as 'Dinner Nuts', 'Cock Nuts' or 'Shampoo Your Eyeballs Nuts'? That way we're opening up the site to a whole new chunk of society.

Why has the BWFC chat died? Am I onto something with a site rebrand?

2Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 11:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What is there to talk about regarding bwfc? Until the pattern of gutless performances and inevitable defeat is broken I have nothing to say

3Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 11:21

It's not a Nuts thing, they're all dead.

Social Media has pretty much killed the traditional model for a forum.

Everybody's Tweeting and Facebooking nowadays and sites like this one are soooooo 2005, dahling, hence why Aunty binned 606 all those years ago - not cost effective anymore.

You should be thanking us for still turning up everyday to be honest.

4Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 11:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:It's not a Nuts thing, they're all dead.

Social Media has pretty much killed the traditional model for a forum.

Everybody's Tweeting and Facebooking nowadays and sites like this one are soooooo 2005, dahling, hence why Aunty binned 606 all those years ago - not cost effective anymore.

You should be thanking us for still turning up everyday to be honest.

You're giving up too easily. There are a core of people on here who make the majority of the posts. We need to find more core people. They're out there. I just think we need to ditch the 'Bolton' bit as clearly that is the problem.

It's only a guess, but if we re-branded as 'Cock Nuts' for a month I'm sure traffic would increase tenfold.

5Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 12:16

You say you watch Th'Apprentice so you must be aware of the need for a USP if you want to stand out from the crowd and make people want to have your product.

What's ours?

6Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 12:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

what more is there to say about BWFC, we all know they are shit, the club has no money and we are going down. The other topics offer us a ray of light so we can think about something else than the shower of shite that is our team.

7Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 12:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:what more is there to say about BWFC, we all know they are shit, the club has no money and we are going down. The other topics offer us a ray of light so we can think about something else than the shower of shite that is our team.

We've been shite before, and that was when a forum was at its busiest with folk abusing the players and manager.

People rarely write stuff when things are going well.

8Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 13:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we have been shite before but this now feels like when we almost went out of business in the 80's, people are just growing apathetic to it now. Maybe it's to do with the way football has changed since the 80's, it's not seen as a sport for the common man now because of the TV money and the Premier League.

9Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 13:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:we have been shite before but this now feels like when we almost went out of business in the 80's, people are just growing apathetic to it now. Maybe it's to do with the way football has changed since the 80's, it's not seen as a sport for the common man now because of the TV money and the Premier League.

So you agree 'Cock Nuts' is the future?

10Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 13:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think cock nuts it a great idea.

11Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 13:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm more in favour of "Nat's Nuts" Very Happy

12Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 13:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I'm more in favour of "Nat's Nuts" Very Happy

Not a bad idea, I'm clearly more popular than BWFC.

13Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 13:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:I'm more in favour of "Nat's Nuts" Very Happy

But I'll bet you go down faster.

14Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 13:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Badum tsh

15Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Sun Nov 22 2015, 14:28

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Is that how you wound up in that hot tub with Holdsworth?

Did him and his mates at SSI have a whip-round to "acquire" your services?

16Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Empty Re: Is BWFC Holding This Site Back? Mon Nov 23 2015, 11:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now that the truth about our finances is finally being accepted by the fans and Gartside is hospitalised with a life-threatening illness, it's become a lot harder to pour scorn on whoever happens to be the manager at the time or the Chairman or the shit players we can't replace or demand changes on a daily basis that everyone knows we can't afford to make. There was a time when the ritualistic pouring of scorn and trying to pass it off as "football knowledge" was acceptable daily fodder, but in the current circumstances it's a pointless exercise. And we don't need BELs anymore as we never win.

In other words, you're redundant Nat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum