Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What to do in a gun attack.

+7
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
KillerGorilla
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What to do in a gun attack. Empty What to do in a gun attack. Fri Dec 18 2015, 13:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I guess there most be a reasonable expectation that one is going to happen here sooner or later hence this video put out today.

What is the world coming too?

2What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Fri Dec 18 2015, 14:07

Overkill designed to keep us all terrified.

Just like all the Duck & Cover stuff from the past.

A scared electorate tends to keep the people in power in power and doesn't challenge their actions too much.

3What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Sat Dec 19 2015, 12:31

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Do people really need to be told what to do in the event of a terrorist attack?

4What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Sat Dec 19 2015, 12:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

shout allah akbar.

5What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Sat Dec 19 2015, 12:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:shout allah akbar.
Not being funny but I was actually thinking the same thing a while back.

It could be worth learning a couple more phrases in arabic as well! Very Happy

6What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Sat Dec 19 2015, 13:48

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Knowing my luck, if I started shouting that they would turn out to be gunmen looking to kill followers of Islam and I'd get shot.

7What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Sat Dec 19 2015, 13:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Knowing my luck, if I started shouting that they would turn out to be gunmen looking to kill followers of Islam and I'd get shot.
Laughing

8What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Mon Dec 21 2015, 11:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KillerGorilla wrote:Do people really need to be told what to do in the event of a terrorist attack?

It's like Janet and John for adults!

9What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Mon Dec 21 2015, 12:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You would think so RT but research tends to show that when any disaster strikes a large group of people simply 'freeze' - the ones that react are most often the ones that survive.

If this video saves but one life it would have be worth it in my opinion.

10What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Mon Dec 21 2015, 14:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not only that, but you have to consider the audience, and target (sorry) the lowest and slowest.

11What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Mon Dec 21 2015, 15:08

Milkman.

Milkman.
David Ngog
David Ngog

Get down on your belt buckle, crawl behind some cover, keep low move fast.

12What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Mon Dec 21 2015, 15:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Milkman. wrote:Get down on your belt buckle, crawl behind some cover, keep low move fast.
Brucie used that ploy at the Glasgow Empire.

13What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Mon Dec 21 2015, 17:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:You would think so RT but research tends to show that when any disaster strikes a large group of people simply 'freeze' - the ones that react are most often the ones that survive.

I've often thought that if it happened to me, I would try and sneak up on the bastard and slit his throat with my Swiss army knife and then use his gun to take out the rest of the nutjobs. Unfortunately, I don't wish to be detained for murder so I'll have to come up with a Plan B.

14What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Mon Dec 21 2015, 21:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Some truth in that RT

15What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Mon Dec 21 2015, 21:58

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Sluffy wrote:You would think so RT but research tends to show that when any disaster strikes a large group of people simply 'freeze' - the ones that react are most often the ones that survive.

I've often thought that if it happened to me, I would try and sneak up on the bastard and slit his throat with my Swiss army knife and then use his gun to take out the rest of the nutjobs. Unfortunately, I don't wish to be detained for murder so I'll have to come up with a Plan B.
That, and you're not Rambo.

16What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Mon Dec 21 2015, 22:13

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If in a group throw shoes, keys, coins, shopping followed by a concerted rush. Some will suffer, obviously but it's Hobson's Choice. The chance of survival or the absolute certainty of death. If you can run away and escape that's the best choice but if it's backs to the wall then you have to act.

17What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Tue Dec 22 2015, 14:42

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Yesterday a group off Muslims foiled an Islamist gun attack on a bus when the gunmen tried to separate the bus into Muslim and non Muslim.  The Muslims pin the bus have their hijabs to the non Muslims to confuse the attackers and said "you will have to kill us all or no-one of us"...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

18What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Tue Dec 22 2015, 14:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where was this Biggie?

19What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Tue Dec 22 2015, 18:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In Kenya.

20What to do in a gun attack. Empty Re: What to do in a gun attack. Tue Dec 22 2015, 20:32

Bolton Nuts

Admin

If it is a long gun then I reckon it would be safer to get closer if possible.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum